Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-16, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Fallout 4

I found two more power suits the other day but I have a question...are there power suit parts you can find? Seems most the suits are missing at least two limbs...usually one arm and a leg.

Also on your companions, do you always get some some "reward" like with Preston? I now have a chance to bring Hancock or Cait along but I still have Nick...he did open up about his past memories and I have some special mission for him. I just didn't know is there a plus on keeping one around longer to gain more trust for some bonus or safe to try others? I've only had Preston, Piper and Nick
Old 06-22-16, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 556 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I found two more power suits the other day but I have a question...are there power suit parts you can find? Seems most the suits are missing at least two limbs...usually one arm and a leg.

Also on your companions, do you always get some some "reward" like with Preston? I now have a chance to bring Hancock or Cait along but I still have Nick...he did open up about his past memories and I have some special mission for him. I just didn't know is there a plus on keeping one around longer to gain more trust for some bonus or safe to try others? I've only had Preston, Piper and Nick
I'm probably not the best choice for an answer for power suits since I never use them. Whenever I find them I bring them back and leave them in Sanctuary. I current have 12 or so sitting there. I've never found power suit parts on their own but you can transfer parts between them and modify them in the yellow power suit stations.

Each companion once you've had them with you enough and they trust you unlocks a "perk" so I recommend switching to another one whenever you unlock the reward with one. Some of them are pretty fast to unlock some have you go on missions for them before you unlock the reward.
Old 06-22-16, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks...and I did get some mission with Nick...it just sounds like it's all over and requires going to a lot of places....so I'll stick with him for the time being.
Old 06-23-16, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
I'm probably not the best choice for an answer for power suits since I never use them. Whenever I find them I bring them back and leave them in Sanctuary. I current have 12 or so sitting there. I've never found power suit parts on their own but you can transfer parts between them and modify them in the yellow power suit stations.
Some times when you kill named enemys(usually raiders) they are in power armor, and you can take those pieces off their corpse. Same goes for the BoS Knights, they are usually in power armor as well. Kill them, and loot them.
Old 06-25-16, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got another point to spend and torn between Science or Demolition Expert. I've been coming across more of the Radiation Energy weapons like the Gamma Gun, better Cell base weapons and some others but cannot really do anything with them. Then again the Demolition Expert gives a nice boost of 25% to explosives which I assume covers the grenades, "all" mines and even the Rocket & Fat Man launchers?

Me and my friend who we got the game at the same time and love to play co-op base games together have just marveled about just how much there is cans can do in this game. I've never played a game with so many endless possibilities in such a huge open sand box which basically just says, "here you go, do whatever you want, go wherever you want and have fun".

By the way I have another character at my disposal...Curie the robot from vault 81. I'd love to bring her along since she is more a Medical and heal you but has a nice laser or at least said she had one. Can you take other companions even though you might be in the middle of helping another which in this case is Nick finding his Holotapes? I've still got Cait and Hancock which has offered to tag long to try.
Old 06-25-16, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah you can always continue with them later just make sure you remember where you've sent them. Curie is my favorite companion and has one of the best storylines in the game.
Old 06-26-16, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I did that one mission awhile back early on where I had to help the Brotherhood of Steel defend their location and then go with the leader Paladin Danse and at the end asked me to join The Brotherhood. At the time I had Preston and we were still spreading the word of the Return of the Minutemen so I said "maybe later, let me think about it".....so it's still open on my Data screen in the Pipboy not completed.

Well the last few days I've seen The Brotherhood copters and on the ground troops slightly before or after I complete something lighting stuff up. I was doing a mission for Nick getting some Holotapes and Raiders started to attack and then The Brotherhood drops down, wipes them out, Ghouls appear they get wiped out and of all things a Deathclaw appears and they wipe him out. And then last night I just established a new base when I hear shooting and Children of Atom and The Brotherhood are going at it......should I go ahead and commit to them or is it just coincidence they're showing up at times.
Old 06-26-16, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Learn to repair them... It takes steel IIRC and that is easy to scavenge.
Old 06-26-16, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I did that one mission awhile back early on where I had to help the Brotherhood of Steel defend their location and then go with the leader Paladin Danse and at the end asked me to join The Brotherhood. At the time I had Preston and we were still spreading the word of the Return of the Minutemen so I said "maybe later, let me think about it".....so it's still open on my Data screen in the Pipboy not completed.

Well the last few days I've seen The Brotherhood copters and on the ground troops slightly before or after I complete something lighting stuff up. I was doing a mission for Nick getting some Holotapes and Raiders started to attack and then The Brotherhood drops down, wipes them out, Ghouls appear they get wiped out and of all things a Deathclaw appears and they wipe him out. And then last night I just established a new base when I hear shooting and Children of Atom and The Brotherhood are going at it......should I go ahead and commit to them or is it just coincidence they're showing up at times.
Up to you. You can join up with any of the factions and do missions for them but later in the game you will have to make a choice and choose one over the others.
Old 06-26-16, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks...every time I try to talk to them it's "this is official police business" or "out of the way wastelander". I wonder if and when I join the conversation is a bit more nice?
Old 06-28-16, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ran into a serious problem last night and now clueless on how to resolve or fix it....

I've been doing the mission for Nick Valentine on finding the "Tapes" he asked me to find. I went to the last place, some precinct near the bottom Southeast that also has a Toy Factory I needed parts and a huge Gunner outpost. There was the head gunner who had a full suit and some female wearing the skeletal frame. I figured I wasn't taking chance so I brought a Power Suit and Fat Man. The Armored Guy was way up above on a broken overpass.

The Trader with two bodyguards was in the mix so me, Nick and them were fighting the gunners. We took care of some on the ground and everyone was all over the place with some getting in the crossfire. Then the main guy shows up and I let him have it with three mini-Nukes killing him way up above. There are some still below and above firing at us.

I have no idea what happened or triggered it but Nick out-of-the-blue started firing at me with a Laser and then back again at the gunners. He goes down and I try to revive him and in red there is [Danger]. The gunner he was shooting at is still shooting, he gets up and shoots at me and then the gunner.

Well I had enough and went back to Home Plate in Diamond City. The kid out of the Fridge is still with me but no Nick. So I'm like ZI'll go to his office which I find him sitting there. Suddenly he gets up, says I'll get you you SOB and starts shooting me and his secretary starts hitting me. I run out and the town security starts after me long with that floating robot. I make into my place, Home Plate. I go to Vault 81 and grab Curie.... and then head back to get the kid home and grab the final tape. But now I have to "talk to Nick and give him the tapes"....

yes...I might have hit him a few times in the fight but he has a uncanny ability to get in front of me while shooting. But I have no idea what to do now...

Update...I found a post on Steam that someone said while defending an outpost he turned on him. A few suggested to either sleep 24hrs or wait a few in-game days and see if he reset and just forgives. I guess I'll try both and avoid him for a day or two.

Last edited by K&AJones; 06-28-16 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-28-16, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I shoot my companions on accident all the time and never had them turn on me. That's a strange one.
Old 06-29-16, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

The exact same thing happened to me with Nick but I just went back to a prior save point efore he jumped in front of me. It baffled me when it happened as well.
Old 06-29-16, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...I don't know yet if it's fixed or not but last night in the Data Quest screen it's now showing the door icon and saying "Go talk to Nick" regarding the tapes....it did not say that the night it happened and when he was ticked off shooting at me. I haven't set foot inside the square at Diamond City only venturing to my House via fast travel....so I might stick my head out tonight and see what happens.

I did find a cool place last night.....The Atom Cats at a Red Rocket...love the place. I couldn't resist getting all the parts to make a full Atom Cat T-60. Funny but me and my friend were talking the other night about finding parts we were missing on a few Armor Suits. I was able to get two other suits completed. I also landed some weird gun, a Gauss Rifle using some weird ammo...2mm EC. I haven't fired it yet and don't have much of that ammo.
Old 07-01-16, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does all the companions have a side story where they talk and finally open up asking for help with a special mission much like Nick did? I picked up two more companions last night and the only one I've completed is Preston. I barely touched Dogmeat, Codsworth and Piper never getting anything from them yet. I haven't touched Hancock or Cait and just got Strong and MacCready
Old 07-01-16, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Does all the companions have a side story where they talk and finally open up asking for help with a special mission much like Nick did? I picked up two more companions last night and the only one I've completed is Preston. I barely touched Dogmeat, Codsworth and Piper never getting anything from them yet. I haven't touched Hancock or Cait and just got Strong and MacCready
I had Piper, banged her, finished her quest, etc. The one I did not bang was Cait, but I'll do that at some point.
Old 07-02-16, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can you join multiple factions? I still have that part where I can join The Brotherhood, another where there is some farm and just found another settlement that it's giving me a choice to join. I haven't done so because I'm still doing something for Preston and The Minutemen

Also when you go and clear out a place or area, it's normal and ok for it to be taken over again right? We've noticed some will show 'Cleared' when you highlight them and others that we've gone thru are not no longer....enemies are back, security back up, ghouls running around again....

I mentioned that The Brotherhood has ben drooping in a lot lately attacking all sorts of enemies and twice last night came in right after I fast travel to a settlement. I'll jump and afterward I'll ask one and they'll say something like" If you're not with the Brotherhood I have no time to talk" or something like that. If and when I do join, do you get extra XP or something when you join in the fight?
Old 07-02-16, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Can you join multiple factions? I still have that part where I can join The Brotherhood, another where there is some farm and just found another settlement that it's giving me a choice to join. I haven't done so because I'm still doing something for Preston and The Minutemen

Also when you go and clear out a place or area, it's normal and ok for it to be taken over again right? We've noticed some will show 'Cleared' when you highlight them and others that we've gone thru are not no longer....enemies are back, security back up, ghouls running around again....

I mentioned that The Brotherhood has ben drooping in a lot lately attacking all sorts of enemies and twice last night came in right after I fast travel to a settlement. I'll jump and afterward I'll ask one and they'll say something like" If you're not with the Brotherhood I have no time to talk" or something like that. If and when I do join, do you get extra XP or something when you join in the fight?

I don't remember. But I think you might. I remember joining the Minutemen then the Brotherhood and almost going that last faction before I decided not too. I forget the name.
Old 07-02-16, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You can and should join them all, if you want more quests and story. Eventually you'll have to choose, but they warned you and gave you a chance to change your mind.
Old 07-02-16, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But is there some sort of conflict joining them all...I mean right now it's Minutemen and BoS basically and then some Farm near Concord and some settlement way over to the East near a shipwreck.
Old 07-03-16, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Eventually there's a conflict, but not until you decide to finish the game. There's a particular quest where whatever you choose to do will piss off some of the factions, but even with that, if you want all the achievements, as long as you save before you do it, you can get all the different endings.
Old 07-03-16, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

On the Sentry robots...not those turrets but the Robots usually in the Glass Bubble. Do you need to be Robotic Expert Level 2 to have them attack or guard you? I've hacked the terminals and you get a list of Personality's to choose from...Law Enforcement, Media, Steward, etc....I did one early on not knowing the darn thing would go after me.....thinking I hacked the terminal he would be on my side.
Old 07-03-16, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I had Piper, banged her, finished her quest, etc. The one I did not bang was Cait, but I'll do that at some point.
None of my companions want to bang me...including Dogmeat.
Old 07-04-16, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Speaking of Dogmeat.....can you equip him with Dog Armor? I found some and broke it down not thinking about it?

If this game is lacking one thing I'd wish they put in "Photo Mode" especially when you get to do a critical showing the bullet flying slowing and then hitting the head. Plus there has been some really nice shots during the day & night.

I did put two of my last points into Intelligence and now have the option on Robotics Expert and Nuclear Physicist which I never looked at until I started to use some power suits plus that boost on Radiation Guns is huge.
Old 07-04-16, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Speaking of Dogmeat.....can you equip him with Dog Armor? I found some and broke it down not thinking about it?

If this game is lacking one thing I'd wish they put in "Photo Mode" especially when you get to do a critical showing the bullet flying slowing and then hitting the head. Plus there has been some really nice shots during the day & night.

I did put two of my last points into Intelligence and now have the option on Robotics Expert and Nuclear Physicist which I never looked at until I started to use some power suits plus that boost on Radiation Guns is huge.

Yeah, you can put dog armor and collars on him.

There is an option that lets you take screenshots but I forget how to do it. I have a few saved, because there really are some dope compositions in the game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.