Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Fallout 4

I'm starting to max out what I can carry too fast. I'm up to 290 weight but seems I'm always getting maxed out to fast. I carry several different guns with various ammo types to spread that around and various health aid stuff. I try to unload the junk quickly and now just look for junk I know that comes in handy...but at the same time I'd like to carry some stuff I can sell and trade. Is there a Light Version of what you really need? I still haven't made it to Diamond City just completing the Cambridge Police and Call To Arms

Speaking of which I got asked to join The Brotherhood and I went with the "I dunno let me think about it" choice. If you join one you cannot join another right?

Is it worth upgrading any of the "Pipe Guns"....I have a 10mm, Laser Pistol, Sawed-off Shotgun, Laser Musket, and several various Pipe Guns at different caliber.
Old 05-26-16, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Luck is awesome, I love Mysterious Stranger.
My two favorite perks are Mysterious Stranger and VANS.
I regret getting Cannibal.

I'm in the same boat re: stuff. I'm always carrying about 70% of my capacity, so I have to run to dump/sell stuff very often.
I try not to carry (long term) any aid stuff that causes Rads, or that weighs more than .1.
Then again, I am carrying one weapon for almost every ammo type, so that gets heavy. I make my companion carry the real 'big guns' (missile launcher, minigun) till I want to use it. I haven't advanced my Science or Big Guns all that much so I find weapons that are a lot better than anything I can build.

I'm not really a fan of the crafting or Homestead (whatever they're called) aspects of the game. I will defend them when they're attacked, and if i get sent to build one I'll do it, and I add a supply line and make sure people have food water and beds but I don't get fancy with building or anything.

I've probably got close to 80 hours in it. I haven't even permanently joined a faction yet (though I think I'm close to being offered membership in at least one.) I've gotten three companions to Idolize me and earned their perk so their storylines were fun.
Old 05-26-16, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I'm starting to max out what I can carry too fast. I'm up to 290 weight but seems I'm always getting maxed out to fast. I carry several different guns with various ammo types to spread that around and various health aid stuff. I try to unload the junk quickly and now just look for junk I know that comes in handy...but at the same time I'd like to carry some stuff I can sell and trade. Is there a Light Version of what you really need? I still haven't made it to Diamond City just completing the Cambridge Police and Call To Arms

Speaking of which I got asked to join The Brotherhood and I went with the "I dunno let me think about it" choice. If you join one you cannot join another right?

Is it worth upgrading any of the "Pipe Guns"....I have a 10mm, Laser Pistol, Sawed-off Shotgun, Laser Musket, and several various Pipe Guns at different caliber.
You should start crafting/upgrading your weapons/armor. You'll go through materials really that fast and drop weight before you know it.

My biggest money maker is the various forms of ammo out there. Ammo does not count towards weight limits, so you can horde it and then sell it to vendors.
Old 05-27-16, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I only got the Wasteland Workshop because I had purchased the Season Pass (plus I wanted the Achievements, since I've got 100% in all the Fallout games), and I kind of hate building stuff, but I totally love my drive-in guarded by 10 or so Deathclaws (a bunch of different kinds which is pretty cool, much easier to check them out when they are tamed). I especially love when attacked by Supermutants, as soon as the Deathclaws run over to them they are dead in about 1 second.

So Luck does has some usefulness?
Luck is the best for leveling. Once you get it to 5 Luck, start putting points into Idiot Savant and you will level much faster, because when it fires (and it fires a fair amount even with my 6 int) you get 3X XP, which means then you can get all the other perks you want. It's not quite as good with more intelligence, so you should only add to that if there are perks you want. I wanted the Science perks, so I got mine up to 6 but I still level really fast, still, if I'd known when i started i would have kept int at 2, because that is the sweet spot.

Last edited by Ginwen; 05-27-16 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-27-16, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How often do you actually use the Power Suit? I used it on that one mission where you actually got it and haven't used it since. I have two Power Cores half charged and six fully charged
Old 05-27-16, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

How often do you actually use the Power Suit? I used it on that one mission where you actually got it and haven't used it since. I have two Power Cores half charged and six fully charged
I never use Power Armor outside of the quest that requires it.
Old 05-27-16, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
I never use Power Armor outside of the quest that requires it.
Same here. I never liked it other than it lets you carry a bunch of shit.
Old 05-27-16, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not all that often but once you get further into the game you will have a shit ton of fusion cores stacked up that you can virtually in a power suit and not have to worry about it getting drained.
Old 05-28-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went to the Sat Dish off to the east of Sanctuary. There was a armored suit near a crash. I went up to it and nothing happened. I hit some button, nothing happened but when I moved I put a Fusion Core in went around the front and Preston jumped in. Is this his suit and do I need to keep putting cores in? It lasted a long time but now it's like a metal skeleton. I picked up some other armor that I tried to give it to him and wear but it won't let me.

Made it to Diamond City but no time to really look around. I did find a trader outside that had some good stuff; like that Samurai Saw Sword which I traded a bunch of stuff for.

Is there a secret or good way of taking down the Super Mutants? Seems the only thing really does any damage is cell base weapons. I use the I think called The Final Authority...the one where the Brotherhood guy gives you when you help complete the Call to Arms mission at the Cambridge Police.

.....speaking of which I cannot get that to go away. It keeps telling me to speak to Palen (the leader) and I've turned it down, thought about, wanted more into but it stays on.
Old 05-28-16, 01:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Is there a secret or good way of taking down the Super Mutants? Seems the only thing really does any damage is cell base weapons. I use the I think called The Final Authority...the one where the Brotherhood guy gives you when you help complete the Call to Arms mission at the Cambridge Police.
Until you level up and are able to upgrade weapons it's best to avoid super mutants. Eventually you'll be able to cut through them with no problem.
Old 05-29-16, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-31-16, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Armor Suit I got at the crash near the big Dish has a damaged arm. It went into my inventory. When I try to move it back to the suit a message pops up..."Cannot use damaged item until it has been repaired".......I've looked around but I cannot figure out how to repair parts of the suit.

...and we found another suit but it's in a cage that's on a wrecked train. There is no lock; more like some magnetic door....finding new stuff everyday.
Old 05-31-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Armor Suit I got at the crash near the big Dish has a damaged arm. It went into my inventory. When I try to move it back to the suit a message pops up..."Cannot use damaged item until it has been repaired".......I've looked around but I cannot figure out how to repair parts of the suit.

...and we found another suit but it's in a cage that's on a wrecked train. There is no lock; more like some magnetic door....finding new stuff everyday.

You need to take the suit to any power armor work bench. They're usually in settlements, diamond city market, etc. You'll also need materials to repair each limb. It will tell you.
Old 06-01-16, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks...so there is a separate work bench from the Armor one just for the Power Suit?
Old 06-01-16, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Anyone mess around with mods at all? I downloaded a bunch but not sure how to use some like the campfire one. I think you have to craft to sue the weapons you download.

The springtime in wasteland one is cool too.
Old 06-01-16, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

Their servers suck. I was kicked off after five minutes of looking at mods. Now I can't log back in.
Old 06-01-16, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not touchihg mods till I finish Vanilla FO4. By that time there should be some awesome mods. Although I said the same with Skyrim but have yet to finish that one
Old 06-01-16, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks...so there is a separate work bench from the Armor one just for the Power Suit?
There is. They look like two yellow pillars or something.

Old 06-01-16, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I must be standing in the wrong place or something because that's where I'm at...or at least the suit is. I'll try again tonight.
Old 06-01-16, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
Anyone mess around with mods at all? I downloaded a bunch but not sure how to use some like the campfire one. I think you have to craft to sue the weapons you download.
I'm waiting for fully voiced companions (PC). I understand the person who authored Willow (New Vegas) and the author of Sofia (Skyrim) are both working on new characters. Both of those companions were brilliant.
Old 06-01-16, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The pew pew lasers mod is hilarious. As is Macho Claws.
Old 06-02-16, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I put on the Mysterious Stranger perk last night and he popped up at the right time when I had V.A.T.S on a Raider wearing a Power Suit......it was like two shots and the Raider went down. And yes I found out on repairing parts of the Power Suit.

Should I start putting some points into perks that do damage....like some of the various gun types or melee. Since I got the Serrated Samurai (like 55 damage) I thought the Big Leagues perk would be useful. I thought Rifleman giving 20% more damage to non-auto guns but most of the Rifles I have all do around 40 and under damage.

Or go with a perk that helps in aid or resistance...Lead Belly, Rad Resistant, Toughness or even Ghoulish. I just hit Level 14 and a ton of missions have popped up since going to Diamond City...then on the other hand I've come across a few "Advance" Safes and Terminals which I cannot unlock yet. One is in USAF Sat Olivia. We started another character (9yr old loves this) and he found the key to the room while I did not. So I'm seeing a few Advanced ones pop up and worried I'll lose track of them having to go back and hunt them down. I'd wish they would have something where you found a Terminal or Safe in a place it would be marked.

Last edited by K&AJones; 06-02-16 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-02-16, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally got around to starting Far Harbor now I'm stuck thanks to a game bug.
Spoiler:
I'm at the place were you have to restore the memories, at 1st I could not pick up any blocks. A hard restart fixed that. Now I can't spawn the turrets, so I can't finish this section.
Old 06-02-16, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's weird. I never had issues with that part. Other than it was super frustrating and unnecessary.
Old 06-02-16, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I ended up going with the perk Aqua Boy and Armorer. I fast traveled to the Bridge that enters into the large city with Diamond City and hangman's Alley is right there. There is a small Raider groups in the middle with a boat. They were there gain and took care of them...with a little help from the Mysterious Stranger. However he took out the guy in the power suit and he fell overboard. I tried to go down and get it but the Rads and no air kept me from finding it. Then some Super Mutants attacked and I fell off the bridge in he water. I said heck with it and got the Aqua Boy perk

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.