Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Respawn's TITANFALL has landed (PC/Xbox One/360)!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Respawn's TITANFALL has landed (PC/Xbox One/360)!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-14, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Respawn's TITANFALL has landed (PC/Xbox One/360)!

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a monaural headset adapter only that comes packed in, and you can't use third-party headsets with it.
This is what you get with the console. The adapter cannot be seperated from the headset.

Old 03-12-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

I am talking when I play with my buddy but it is in party chat. I don't need to listen to random people anymore.
Old 03-13-14, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
Every console includes a working headset
The headset that I got with the console is no longer working and I had to ship it out to Microsoft last Friday to get replaced. As seen here:

I have three other friends who also bought Day One consoles who had to ship in their headsets this week. So "a working" headset is not entirely accurate.

In addition, the Polk 4shot (an Xbox One-specific headset) alongside other headsets are having issues where the microphones are barely being picked up and static is being made through the headset when utilizing the Microsoft Stereo Headset Adapter. I know this as I received the 4shot a day after I shipped out my old headset and Microsoft has admitted it's an issue on their end.
Old 03-13-14, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Got to play this for an hour or so last night. On the positive side, it plays and feels slightly better than the best COD, at least in my initial impression. The Titans are a fun new dynamic, though I'll probably use mine as a bodyguard more often than piloting it myself. I guess maybe if I unlock a faster one, that might change. Despite really enjoying it, nothing about it really screamed next gen to me. It's kind of odd that the only Xbone/PS4 game that has really felt like it was head and shoulders above last gen was Black Flag, a multi-plat sequel from Ubisoft.

Anyway, I'm curious about the headphone issues. I have no idea if mine is broken, I just made it through 3 matches with no one saying a word, or the game's chat feature is not up yet.
Old 03-13-14, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts

I played some last night too. It's fun... not awesome though. Getting a Tital feels like you accomplished something and it's great when you take one out. Overall it's a B+ to me.

Also, I was shocked to see some players already at level 47!!
Old 03-13-14, 08:05 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Got to play this for an hour or so last night. On the positive side, it plays and feels slightly better than the best COD, at least in my initial impression. The Titans are a fun new dynamic, though I'll probably use mine as a bodyguard more often than piloting it myself. I guess maybe if I unlock a faster one, that might change. Despite really enjoying it, nothing about it really screamed next gen to me. It's kind of odd that the only Xbone/PS4 game that has really felt like it was head and shoulders above last gen was Black Flag, a multi-plat sequel from Ubisoft.

Anyway, I'm curious about the headphone issues. I have no idea if mine is broken, I just made it through 3 matches with no one saying a word, or the game's chat feature is not up yet.

It is all starting to make since about the 360 version!! It is damn close in quality to the Xone and MS doesn't want consumers to know it. No 360 footage has been released at all the last time I researched it.

It is kind of sad that the supreme killer app for the Xbox One doesn't scream next gen.

Old 03-13-14, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 249 Likes on 182 Posts

I must be doing something wrong because every time I get in my Titan, it gets destroyed within seconds.
Old 03-13-14, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,035 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
It is all starting to make since about the 360 version!! It is damn close in quality to the Xone and MS doesn't want consumers to know it. No 360 footage has been released at all the last time I researched it.

It is kind of sad that the supreme killer app for the Xbox One doesn't scream next gen.
This has sort of been the problem with Titanfall from the get go, the second they said "Source Engine" people knew it would be visually dated, and it is. Doesn't make the game not awesome, though it isn't that either (though it is quite good).

Last edited by RichC2; 03-13-14 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-13-14, 08:51 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

It's a blast to play. Over hyped, somewhat, but I enjoy it more than Call of Duty multiplayer. The campaign multiplayer was an interesting idea. I like the various maps. The intro video was okay too.

As far as using your Titan and not getting blown up right away, you have to pick your moment. Don't have your Titan fall around a bunch of pilots or other Titans, or you can get creamed quickly. And you must move/dash frequently, or you're a sitting duck. As you play, you will get to customize your Titan. I'm starting to get more kills with my Titan than without, but it depends on how you're teamed up sometimes. The more Titans on your team, the more likely you are to win.

The visuals are good. Nothing mind blowing, but having played the beta, I knew what to expect. I think the beta maps were updated marginally.

By far the most free feeling MP FPS I've ever played.
Old 03-13-14, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I must be doing something wrong because every time I get in my Titan, it gets destroyed within seconds.
Take it with a grain of salt, as I've only played a handful of rounds, but I would pretty much only be in my Titan to traverse the map. Once I got to an area with enemies, I'd pop out and run around on foot to take out people attacking it. Seemed to work pretty well overall, as I was placing middle-of-the-pack among a group that was mostly level 20+.

One question for those with a bit more time in the game: in the capture-the-flag mode, do you not get a bonus for being the one who claims a spot? In one round last night, I managed to get at least two where no allies were around, but I didn't see any points/xp for it after the round.
Old 03-13-14, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,035 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack
By far the most free feeling MP FPS I've ever played.
Care to expand a bit? The game still feels pretty confined/small to me. But the controls are nice.
Old 03-13-14, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Make sure you're shield is equipped and the moment you enter it hit that left bumper.
Old 03-13-14, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but once I switch weapons (as a pilot) from the rifle to the bazooka device... I can't figure out how to switch back. To get the bazooka you hit "left" on the D-pad... when I hit "left" again, nothing.
Old 03-13-14, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Care to expand a bit? The game still feels pretty confined/small to me. But the controls are nice.
Sorry, I wasn't referring to the map size, just movement in general. Running and jumping from wall to wall, mixing that in with double jumps, you actually build momentum with your speed.

Are there really 15 maps? I haven't played more than 5 or 6 yet I don't think.
Old 03-13-14, 09:19 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,203 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
I had one round last night were two people were talking quite a bit. Other than that, nothing. That's how most COD matches were for me as well (on 360 and XO). I keep mine on mute unless I have something to say, so I guess I'm part of the problem too.
Old 03-13-14, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V
Maybe I'm doing it wrong but once I switch weapons (as a pilot) from the rifle to the bazooka device... I can't figure out how to switch back. To get the bazooka you hit "left" on the D-pad... when I hit "left" again, nothing.
Hit Y to go back to your primary/secondary weapon. Hitting left on the D-pad again won't do anything.
Old 03-13-14, 09:28 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by RichC2
This has sort of been the problem with Titanfall from the get go, the second they said "Source Engine" people knew it would be visually dated, and it is. Doesn't make the game not awesome, though it isn't that either (though it is quite good).

I am not going to dispute it's fun factor. It definitely looks very fun. This is the most hyped game to come out in quite a while. The main system seller for the Xbox One, but it isn't that next gen according to alot of gamers. I go to alot of gaming forums and there are alot of unimpressed TF owners. The sneakiness of Microsoft's 360 delay is what really irritates me.

Last edited by wlj; 03-13-14 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-13-14, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Until we actually see the 360 version, the only sneakiness is whatever conspiracy theory thats been made up by the internet.
Old 03-13-14, 10:31 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I didn't think it was sneaky, I thought it was a deliberate counter-measure to "inFAMOUS" (for gamers who bought the PS4 but still have a 360).
Old 03-13-14, 10:59 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Until we actually see the 360 version, the only sneakiness is whatever conspiracy theory thats been made up by the internet.

IT'S TRUE!!!!

Old 03-13-14, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts

Finally got to play it last night, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I absolutely am in love with jumping on Titans. I usually lead the teams in Titan kills. However I still am having issues finding other live players. I'm only killing a few of those a match.

I do have a question. Is there a quicker way to kill titans once you jump on them? Using my smart or auto-pistol takes a lot of time. I want to lodge a grenade in there or something.

Also, when I play with my friends we usually party chat up. I prefer lobby chat, but everyone else gets annoyed. Oh well.

I definitely am not good as a Titan. I have to learn to play better with them.
Old 03-13-14, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Finally got to play it last night, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I absolutely am in love with jumping on Titans. I usually lead the teams in Titan kills. However I still am having issues finding other live players. I'm only killing a few of those a match.

I do have a question. Is there a quicker way to kill titans once you jump on them? Using my smart or auto-pistol takes a lot of time. I want to lodge a grenade in there or something.

Also, when I play with my friends we usually party chat up. I prefer lobby chat, but everyone else gets annoyed. Oh well.

No, you would need a different weapon to kill them faster. Just don't use explosives lol
Old 03-13-14, 11:48 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,203 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Same for me. The best option, as a pilot, is to get high up. That will help you to better identify which enemies are AI or real, as you'll really start to see how they play differently.

I think the intent is that it isn't easy to get a quick kill this way. As you get better weapons (and burn cards that give you stronger weapons), it makes it a bit easier.

Yeah, it's almost an entirely different game when you're in a Titan. Yet another one of the things I really like about this game. It may be harder to be in the Titan, but it changes things up within a single round.
Old 03-13-14, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts

The one key to victory is definitely work as a team. You need to get your Titans together. You don't want to be a lone titan. If a few call at once, and move together, you can wreak havoc on the other team.
Old 03-13-14, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, I imagine they don't want to make it TOO easy to kill Titans like that. It already seems like the most effective way to down a Titan, but they probably want to equalize it to make sure the pilot has enough time to eject and counter it too.

I played a bit of the campaign and some CTF last night and got up to level 10. A lot of hectic fun, but I can see why some reviews mention that it can get old quick.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.