Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Respawn's TITANFALL has landed (PC/Xbox One/360)!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Respawn's TITANFALL has landed (PC/Xbox One/360)!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-14, 11:14 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: Respawn's TITANFALL has landed (PC/Xbox One/360)!

Delaying the 360 release to the 25th is definitely a strategy to sell more Xbox One consoles. MS hopes those impatient gamers who see all the hoopla about the greatness of the Xbox One Titanfall that they cave and buy a Xbox One.

Also, I am willing to bet that the 360 version looks closer to the Xbox One version than people might think. Isn't it fishy that 360 videos are completely non-existent?

The Xbox One version is superior I have no doubt, but I don't think it is by a landslide.

Old 03-12-14, 11:21 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,203 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
Also, I am willing to bet that the 360 version looks closer to the Xbox One version than people might think.
But resolution matters!!!!!!)@#*!!
No way the 360 version is 792p or higher.
Therefore 360 version is not fun. Obviously.
Old 03-12-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts

Yeah, and a delay of 2 weeks is absolutely no time to actually "fix" anything about the game, which was the reason they gave, but just enough time for people to get caught up in the X1 version without being inundated with youtube videos comparing the two versions side-by-side. I mean, it is a multiplayer game, and the pool of players on the 360 is still far greater. Another reason could be that they didn't want to slam the servers with both versions at the same time.
Old 03-12-14, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,344 Likes on 4,338 Posts

No! There can't be a 360 version of Titanfall! They require "The power of the cloud" to properly run the game.
Old 03-12-14, 11:38 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, and a delay of 2 weeks is absolutely no time to actually "fix" anything about the game, which was the reason they gave, but just enough time for people to get caught up in the X1 version without being inundated with youtube videos comparing the two versions side-by-side. I mean, it is a multiplayer game, and the pool of players on the 360 is still far greater. Another reason could be that they didn't want to slam the servers with both versions at the same time.

they definitely have no time to fix anything. these games "go gold" a couple of weeks before release...right? complete ploy to boost xbone sales.
Old 03-12-14, 11:44 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I heard Titanfall on the 360 is 8-bit.

Just what I heard....
Old 03-12-14, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
they definitely have no time to fix anything. these games "go gold" a couple of weeks before release...right? complete ploy to boost xbone sales.
A patch is in the works for anywhere between 900-1080p resolution for XO.
Old 03-12-14, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,035 Likes on 819 Posts

Won't make a huge difference in this case, it just isn't a spectacular looking game due to some old tech. But it's nice evidence (it's obvious, but nice anyway) that things can improve with better programming.

The Xbox 360 version should look very close to the version on the One, but it won't be quite as detailed.
Old 03-12-14, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,572 Posts

After doing a hard reset I was finally able to log in (hours after the problem was apparently fixed on the server side... seriously, if I didn't look it up on the internet how was I supposed to know how to "fix" it?).

Then I couldn't get into training. So I jumped into a campaign fight and got worked. I also didn't hear anyone else talking, even though all seemed to have a mic.
Old 03-12-14, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
After doing a hard reset I was finally able to log in (hours after the problem was apparently fixed on the server side... seriously, if I didn't look it up on the internet how was I supposed to know how to "fix" it?).

Then I couldn't get into training. So I jumped into a campaign fight and got worked. I also didn't hear anyone else talking, even though all seemed to have a mic.
Monks love to play Titanfall.
Old 03-12-14, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Won't make a huge difference in this case, it just isn't a spectacular looking game due to some old tech. But it's nice evidence (it's obvious, but nice anyway) that things can improve with better programming.

The Xbox 360 version should look very close to the version on the One, but it won't be quite as detailed.
I dunno, there are some pretty impressive maps. After they OMG, I just jazzed in my pants great? No. But this game is about gameplay and fun. I just find it funny that so many people are holding off on current gen. It's been what, 8 or so years since the last gen. I think a lot of it has to do with the struggling economy (sorry to get political up in here, but the cheaper PS4 helped its sales in this regard).
Old 03-12-14, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a lot of people are waiting for more games before getting a next gen system. Most of the stuff out now is also out on the ps3 / 360.
Old 03-12-14, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm actually a bit surprised how well the next gen systems did, considering the state of the economy, the high price of the systems, the maturity of the old systems and the dearth of games for the new systems. I mean we just had Dark Souls II come out which is going to take a chunk of my time, if I were smart I would have waited (and certainly I shouldn't have bought both consoles). And heck, if I had waited I would have saved $50 by getting Titanfall for free...
Old 03-12-14, 01:02 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,203 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I also didn't hear anyone else talking, even though all seemed to have a mic.
This is true for me, too. Titanfall players must be shy.
Old 03-12-14, 01:06 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Brack
I dunno, there are some pretty impressive maps. After they OMG, I just jazzed in my pants great? No. But this game is about gameplay and fun. I just find it funny that so many people are holding off on current gen. It's been what, 8 or so years since the last gen. I think a lot of it has to do with the struggling economy (sorry to get political up in here, but the cheaper PS4 helped its sales in this regard).

honestly the 360 and PS3 produced graphics that this old 35 year old thought were good enough. As you can see consoles are getting to where the jumps from one system to the next aren't as great as SNES to Playstation for instance.

I don't own either next gen systems right now, but I have played the One at my nephew's house. Ryse really stood out. It looks awesome. However the games aren't mindblowing enough to feel I just have to have a new system.

I have pretty much switched to PC anyway....I am more of an RPG guy now and PC is loaded with them. I can get games for ALOT cheaper on PC as well.
Old 03-12-14, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
However the games aren't mindblowing enough to feel I just have to have a new system.
That's how I feel right now. I keep waiting for a reason to make the jump, but it hasn't happened yet. If Titanfall is decent on the 360, then its just another reason to hold off for me. Still playing my 360 as much as ever.
Old 03-12-14, 02:57 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by astrochimp
That's how I feel right now. I keep waiting for a reason to make the jump, but it hasn't happened yet. If Titanfall is decent on the 360, then its just another reason to hold off for me. Still playing my 360 as much as ever.

i am sure Titanfall will be great on the 360. They have been hiding 360 gameplay videos. That tells u something.
Old 03-12-14, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's absurd to suggest there's no way that there's a valid reason for the 2-week 360 delay. One product can easily be two weeks further away from completion than another regardless of their similarity or lack thereof.

I don't doubt that Microsoft delayed it to sell more Xbox One consoles and Xbox One copies of the game. We all know that they did. But the two week delay in and of itself isn't inherently impossible.
Old 03-12-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan
This is true for me, too. Titanfall players must be shy.
Or Microsoft dropped the fucking ball on the headset adapters.
Old 03-12-14, 03:01 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
It's absurd to suggest there's no way that there's a valid reason for the 2-week 360 delay. One product can easily be two weeks further away from completion than another regardless of their similarity or lack thereof.

I don't doubt that Microsoft delayed it to sell more Xbox One consoles and Xbox One copies of the game. We all know that they did. But the two week delay in and of itself isn't inherently impossible.

This was all a ploy to sell Xbox Ones. Like I mentioned earlier games "go gold" fairly early. There is no development being done on the 360 version. It isn't possible in my opinion.
Old 03-12-14, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Games going gold months prior is irrelevant to a delay. Given that the 360 port is being done by another company, it's entirely plausible that the 2 extra weeks were needed once the primary development was "final" on the XBox One/PC side from Respawn.

Personally though, I think its a combination of giving the XBox One version a bit of it's own showcase and the port. Two weeks isn't really long enough of a buffer to sell consoles, in my opinion.

Anyway, played a few rounds of the "campaign" today during my lunch break at work. Nothing really different from the beta, but I do like the story elements weaved into the rounds.
Old 03-12-14, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Plus games going gold means nothing when you have gigs worth of patches these days (not sure what the 360's limit is). But I agree that it was probably more of an Xbox One play.

Watched that unboxing of the CE... I'm kind of glad I didn't preorder that monstrocity in time, my wife would have killed me. I wonder what percentage of those will never leave the confines of the gigantic box (I still have that Halo CE I got on clearance with the gigantic statue in a huge box in my garage).
Old 03-12-14, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wlj
This was all a ploy to sell Xbox Ones. Like I mentioned earlier games "go gold" fairly early. There is no development being done on the 360 version. It isn't possible in my opinion.
While games discs being manufactured weeks prior to their release are fairly common, day one updates are pretty common now too on all platforms; especially with AAA games chasing to meet a deadline.

There's also the question of how Bluepoint will support the game on the 360 moving post-launch. Respawn has already talked about technical boosts (e.g. increasing the game resolution, optimizing the game to play better with the Xbox One post Microsoft's recent XDK, etc) in addition to the season pass. There's also the other question if season pass holders on the XO/PC will see the DLC first.
Old 03-12-14, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Or Microsoft dropped the fucking ball on the headset adapters.
Every console includes a working headset
Old 03-12-14, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,903 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
Every console includes a working headset
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a monaural headset adapter only that comes packed in, and you can't use third-party headsets with it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.