Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-14, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

I'm not sure... they already have in place an all out war against guardians who stay in that area... enemies just come from everywhere to kill you.
Old 09-19-14, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Music
I'm not sure... they already have in place an all out war against guardians who stay in that area... enemies just come from everywhere to kill you.
Yeah that shit is nuts. Bunch of dudes that are immune to everything it seems.
Old 09-19-14, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
What is the level cap right now? Have they announced it?
30 is the max level if you have the right combination of armor with light stats and all of it maxed out. I read somewhere that the only way to get armor with high enough light stats is to complete the raid, but I'm not sure if that's accurate (knowing this game, it probably is).
Old 09-19-14, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bungie's being pretty proactive. This morning when the special vendor showed up, he was selling strange coins for 2401 glimmer (which is nothing, really). You could only buy it from him once per character, though. It didn't take people long to figure out they could create a new character, play through the first mission, get to the tower and buy the strange coin, put it in the vault, then delete the new character and start over again to get potentially unlimited strange coins. This idea was, of course, posted all over Reddit, NeoGAF, etc.

It wasn't two hours before Xur was no longer selling strange coins for glimmer.
Old 09-19-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, typical a-holes ruining it for everyone.
Old 09-19-14, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
30 is the max level if you have the right combination of armor with light stats and all of it maxed out. I read somewhere that the only way to get armor with high enough light stats is to complete the raid, but I'm not sure if that's accurate (knowing this game, it probably is).
Yeah, it gets really tough to rank up at a certain point as you run out of things to upgrade or run out of rare materials like Ascendant Shards.

I'm at level 26, and I have 3 pieces of Legendary armor. Legendary armor maxes out at 25 Light, but only if you upgrade it fully. Full upgrades take 18 ascendant shards, with each 6 giving you one more bit of light.

I bought the Exotic Engram from Xur for 22 mote of light, but once decrypted it became an exotic chest armor...for a hunter (I'm a Warlock...dammit!). Using the vault, I have some pretty sweet upgrades for my upcoming Titan and Hunter. But I would really like a good helmet to get to 27.

On the weapon side, I somehow lucked out on exotic bounties. I already have that Exotic Invective Shotgun, and now I have bounties for the Super Good Advice Machine Gun and Bad Juju Pulse Rifle. So I'll have an exotic for every slot, even though I can only equip one at a time. It will give me flexibility when I finally get a Legendary gun at least.

Last edited by TheKing; 09-19-14 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-19-14, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not sure I understand the Light number... it shows I have 20, but the number didn't change when I added or removed armor with Light stats...
Old 09-19-14, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,197 Likes on 921 Posts

The PVP levels are fun but I hate fools that use shotguns for close encounters. How the fuck do they switch their weapon so fast? The expert fighters that play those Rumble matches have some serious skills.
Old 09-19-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Music
Not sure I understand the Light number... it shows I have 20, but the number didn't change when I added or removed armor with Light stats...
the Light number now equates to your rank/level

as you add equipment that goes up in Light number your rank/light # increases
like before light in the pic above the yellow bar shows progress toward ranking up

Last edited by musick; 09-19-14 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-19-14, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
The PVP levels are fun but I hate fools that use shotguns for close encounters. How the fuck do they switch their weapon so fast? The expert fighters that play those Rumble matches have some serious skills.
This is actually whats allowed me to hold my own in the Crucible after those first couple of matches even though I was just level 9-10.

I've been doing it for so long now that I don't really even have to think about it.
Old 09-19-14, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, I just finished the bounty for Super Good Advice.

It's really easy. You have to look around loot chests on Mars to find the gun frame, then you talk to the gunsmith, then talk to Xur (the rare shopkeeper only around on weekends), then you have to get 500 kills with a machine gun. The hardest part of that was having enough ammo!

But that's it. Talk to the gunsmith again and you have a machine gun that returns almost all of the ammo you miss with to the magazine.
Old 09-19-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What is this cave people are talking about? Is it a strike mission?
Old 09-19-14, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
the Light number now equates to your rank/level

as you add equipment that goes up in Light number your rank/light # increases
like before light in the pic above the yellow bar shows progress toward ranking up

Thanks, I just added more gear with Light and noticed it changed my level to 21.
Old 09-19-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's in the earth patrol missions. Just YouTube search destiny cave and it will show you exactly where it is.

My Warlock that I started this afternoon is already up to almost 11. Sure it's boring to shoot into a cave for a few hours, but I'd rather do that then put in twice as much time playing missions I've already played to get to the same level.
Old 09-19-14, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After Decker bailed on our fireteam last night (chicken ), I went and played first two tries at the crucible.

That sucked. I know I stink at competitive FPS, but that was just not fun. At all. I am level 12 and was getting obliterated by 23, 24 and 25s. Is this a matchmaking problem or just not enough at my level playing at the time?
Old 09-19-14, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Level 18

Did the moon strike at Level 17. It was a walk, of course.

So I just completed the ones for Venus too, they are supposed to be done starting at Level 14.
Old 09-20-14, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,248 Likes on 4,269 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
After Decker bailed on our fireteam last night (chicken ), I went and played first two tries at the crucible.
Hey, the Mrs wanted to watch You're The Worst. Bailing is easier than fighting later. Besides my level 9 guy couldn't even scratch a level 12 Knight -- even using a rocket launcher. There's chicken, then there's ineffective. Maybe next time, or on a night she goes to bed early. I clearly need to level up first though.
Old 09-20-14, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no, it's just a cave on Earth (Skywatch area) where acolytes and thralls will continue to spawn from ... you can stand a way in the distance and shoot into the cave (usually with others) and then run into the cave and collect your drops/loot/ammo ... go back to your spot, rinse, repeat

I went back there tonight and spent under an hour .... everything I picked up was under my levels for what I already had equipped .... I did get one legendary piece of armor from a purple engram but it was for a titan ... goes well with the previous hunter legendary armor I got ... I am a warlock

occasionally a major shit storm will break out where all sorts of enemies will come out of every area to attack you/those around you
Old 09-20-14, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Everyone is doing the "Cave" part....I've gone over there a few times and there are always 3-5 already there. What I cannot figure is why are Level 25-28's there and not out doing some of the higher level missions?

And are the Coins just random drops?
Old 09-20-14, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Everyone is doing the "Cave" part....I've gone over there a few times and there are always 3-5 already there. What I cannot figure is why are Level 25-28's there and not out doing some of the higher level missions?

Probably because it's an easy way to rank up weapons and armor since Bungie decided to give the same amount of xp per kill regardless of enemy level (which makes no sense IMO).
Old 09-20-14, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think I spent level 14-20 at "The Cave", . I really should get back and finish the missions, I never even finished Venus.
Old 09-20-14, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones

I did the cave last night and got two legendary drops in 5 minutes. I've done many level 24 strikes that take much longer, and ended up with zilch. It's hands down the easiest way to farm loot. Not to mention all the engrams you pick up (even if they're only blue) help to upgrade the cryptarch when they're turned in. And every time he levels up, you get a legendary gift from the postmaster. It's definitely worth spending a few minutes there every day. I'm not saying do it for hours, but 15 or so minutes should net you plenty. Much more than any mission anyway.

Also, there's a public event that always occurs if you happen to be there at the right time.
Old 09-20-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by 19K
Also, there's a public event that always occurs if you happen to be there at the right time.

Old 09-20-14, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 19K

It's right around 30 and top of each hour, the schedule is on bungies site
Old 09-20-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold
It's right around 30 and top of each hour, the schedule is on bungies site
link to it? i just looked but couldn't find it. i'm looking to do a bunch of these to get coins.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.