Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013)

if anyone on here is playing the game on a system other than the X1 or ps4 here is a gamestop code they gave for an outfit I guess?

www.acinitiates.com/promotions/

4E218-83C39
Old 12-12-13, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 415 Likes on 311 Posts

New treasure map? That might be why I show 21 of 22 treasures and don't have any maps left.

I destroyed all four legendary ships today. They were pretty easy with a fully upgraded ship. The one that rams you was the toughest I think.
Old 12-12-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Anyone have this in their game?

I have two treasure maps that give locations where there appear to be nothing.

One is 502,44. The other is 992, 422.

Unless they are for areas that I don't find out about until later? But I assume I'm fairly close to the end of the story line. Though not sure as I've done a lot of side mission stuff.. just did the last assassin's contract.
The second location is in one of the areas later in the game
Spoiler:
Principe, I believe.
Old 12-12-13, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
Nah, you must not be done with the fleet stuff, yet. There are 3 or 4 maps that unlock by completing fleet missions and one of them isn't received until near the end of all of the fleet missions.
It hasn't been working for me lately.
Old 12-13-13, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
New treasure map? That might be why I show 21 of 22 treasures and don't have any maps left.

I destroyed all four legendary ships today. They were pretty easy with a fully upgraded ship. The one that rams you was the toughest I think.
easy?? i got rid of the two ships that were on the bottom of the screen, but having a hell of a time with the twins ships and the one that rams you.
Old 12-13-13, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts

Can you board and add the legendary ships to your fleet?

I thought it was pretty easy to win battles with a lot of ships if I boarded a destroyed ship to repair my own. Pretty crazy how basically the other ships get ignored during this, but I will take it.
Old 12-13-13, 12:11 PM

no. You can't board, but they give you 20k Reales
Old 12-13-13, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
easy?? i got rid of the two ships that were on the bottom of the screen, but having a hell of a time with the twins ships and the one that rams you.
The one that rams you it's just using mortars, and slowing and turning just enough so it goes past you when it tries to ram you. At that point you unload with your cannons.

The double ships you just mortar the shit out of them and constantly fire. with any luck, you'll kill them both at the same time or close. I sank one, and then, the other one I sank shortly after.
Old 12-14-13, 10:07 AM

The one that rams you it's just using mortars, and slowing and turning just enough so it goes past you when it tries to ram you. At that point you unload with your cannons.

The double ships you just mortar the shit out of them and constantly fire. with any luck, you'll kill them both at the same time or close. I sank one, and then, the other one I sank shortly after.
I finished them up yesterday.. The twins you have to take both of them down to almost nothing before sinking one of them, if not the other turns vicious and rams, and unloads cannons on all the time. the key is to slow the ships down with hitting them using the chain on their sails, then ramming or unleashing cannons on them.

The other ship that rams you.. what a beast, but not too hard if you can manage to slow it down and keep it slowed down, then stay behind it while shelling it. If it can't ram you, it can't defeat you!!
Old 12-14-13, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The funny thing is throughout the whole game I never used chain shot on any sails. Lol.

I think I'm trading this is now that I'm done with it. It was definitely my favorite AC game in the series. I don't really care to play the DLC. At least not right now.
Old 12-14-13, 04:21 PM
Banned

so inside the ships captain room we have a FLEET section. How do we share this with others to complete these missions? Also are they just fun side missions or are they needed?
Old 12-14-13, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sgtsnake
so inside the ships captain room we have a FLEET section. How do we share this with others to complete these missions? Also are they just fun side missions or are they needed?
If you want all the treasure map locations, you need to do Kenway's fleet. (unless you use the internet for those locations)

It's fairly entertaining, doesn't take long to do each day and is a good way to earn quite a bit of money for upgrading.

I think your friends have the option of helping your ships out, and vice versa.
Old 12-14-13, 05:55 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The second location is in one of the areas later in the game
Spoiler:
Principe, I believe.
Thanks.

I just got to a point in the game where you go to an island at 502,44... so that one I found.. the second is still nothing yet... Before I got to the point in the game where I could go to an island at 502,44, there was a "memory barrier" where you couldn't go further and the game says "location not available in current memory."
Old 12-15-13, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Still enjoying the game although the underwater portions are a pain and there's no clear way to see where the plans are.
Old 12-16-13, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Wrapped the story over the weekend. I'd already collected everything and completed all the side stuff prior to the end, so the only thing left is going back to the dozen or so missions where I didn't get all the optional objectives, which I'll probably end up doing just to stretch it out. Oh, and the Aveline PS4 exclusive stuff, which I haven't even looked at yet. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10, thought it would've easily been 9/10 or maybe even 10/10 with a bit more polish. The world, side activities, characters, story, graphics, sound, voice acting, etc. were all top notch. That said, I hit way too many glitches in story missions. Getting stuck in things, having bad guys materialize out of nowhere when I'd been sneaking somewhere undetected, falling through the map, sleep darts not working, etc. It was nowhere near as bad as it was in AC3, but it was enough to be irritating. Despite the glitchiness, it was definitely my favorite of the series.

Unrelated, two things I've yet to figure out how to do. First, for the life of me, I can't get an air assassination from a swinging rope during a boarding. I swing in, look down until someone's highlighted, hit the square button and then watch Edward jump to something else and then jump from that point to do the assassination. Not sure if it's broken or if there's a trick I'm missing.

I also haven't been able to do the 'disarm a guard and kill him with his own weapon.' Actually, I take that back, I've done it plenty of times with guys with swords, but apparently those don't count towards the Abstergo challenge. I've read that you're supposed to find the white wigged dudes with daggers and hit O, X, Triangle to do it, but have had no luck. Anyone else figure it out?
Old 12-16-13, 10:40 AM

after the last sequence, is there a way to get back to the present day world? the ending was pretty abrupt and i still have like 5 computers to hack and 3 sticky notes or something.
Old 12-16-13, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope to get this for Christmas. Is there a multiplayer like the older games where you are hiding in crowds and killing other players?
Old 12-16-13, 10:51 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Finally took out a legendary ship last night.. the one in the lower right corner. I tried the previous three and failed miserably. I had my ship upgraded most of the way and thought I could handle them. One of them was really bad, two level 70 ships at the same time.. Tore me up really quick..

I have my ship completely upgraded now, everything is at Elite level. So I may try them again in the next night or two.
Old 12-16-13, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For the rope thing I have found that the ships have to be pretty close, and don't bother waiting for a highlight. As soon as you start swinging just hold down the assassination button. That's how I got it to work. I used to try to aim as well, but it rarely worked. The time I just held square it worked perfectly.
Old 12-22-13, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's no way I'm going to get 100% in this. I have a fully upgraded ship and the legendary ships own me. My mortars are always aiming where I can't see. I probably won't play multi-player either. Time to move onto the next game. This was a lot of fun though.
Old 12-22-13, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
There's no way I'm going to get 100% in this. I have a fully upgraded ship and the legendary ships own me. My mortars are always aiming where I can't see. I probably won't play multi-player either. Time to move onto the next game. This was a lot of fun though.
You got to keep trying.. they are tough, but they are not impossible. I am not going for 100% either. No way am i going back to 100% the missions constraints, or go online.
Old 12-22-13, 07:39 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I've managed to take out three of the legendary ships. One was fairly easy, once I figured out how best to beat it. The other where you take on two ships was difficult and took me a few tries. The only one I haven't beaten is the one in the upper left corner yet, El Impoluto. Once I had it down to just a sliver of health left and it went on some crazy, spazzy ram move that took away the rest of my ships health. I haven't figured out a good trick for that one yet. I've tried staying far back and just blasting it with mortar shots... But it always speeds up and rams my ship. I can't turn away as its too fast and when I turn away, it just lunges out of me. Heck, one time I accidentally brought my ship to a stop and it rammed me, backed up, rammed me again and did that until I was killed.. It was like a car and ridiculous.. There is no way a ship should be able to do that.
Old 12-23-13, 10:05 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Managed to take out El Impoluto last night, after about 5 tries. Damn that ship is hard. But I'm done with the legendary ships now. The bonus you get from taking out all 4 legendary ships is nice. After I got it, I went up against a level 36 Man of War... One mortar shot, ramming it with the ram boost and broadside cannons brought it down to where I could board it. Good stuff.
Old 12-23-13, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Heh, That was actually the first legendary ship I spotted yesterday... I lasted longer than I thought, but I'm not fully upgraded yet, but it was still fun.
Old 01-01-14, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Been playing this for a week now and about 50% in. For me its possibly the game of the year, in a year that had a lot of great games. The action on land and at sea is so much fun. Really loving this game. I always wanted a great ye olde navy battle game (especially after seeing the movie Master and Commander) and this game delivers. O only ever played the first AC and was pretty bored by it, but this feels like a breath of fresh air. I hope they continue with this theme in the next AC game as its a winner.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.