Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-12, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Fuck me, that one huge thing this episode MAKES you do is the single most emotional thing I've ever experienced in a video game.
Yup.

Spoiler:
I am a bit curious to see what others did. If you wait long enough in shooting Duck, does he turn into a zombie? I felt I shot him when he stopped breathing, but I am not really sure.
Old 09-03-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Oddly enough (to me), the choices I made were all in the minority when they put up the game stats at the end of the episode.
Old 09-03-12, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Oh shit. As a comic book reader, I didn't even realize that.
this. Holy fuck.
Old 09-03-12, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some sad shit in episode 3.

It's kind of disappointing that it seems like a lot of the "choices" really aren't choices at all though.
Old 09-04-12, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In retrospect now I feel really shitty that I didn't
Spoiler:
high-five Duck in time
Old 09-04-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckd21
In retrospect now I feel really shitty that I didn't
Spoiler:
high-five Duck in time
Wow, you ass!
Old 09-04-12, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't bother doing that, and I don't feel bad at all.

Spoiler:
I never liked Duck, he always just seemed mildly retarded to me so I purposely never helped him.
Old 09-06-12, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the "Playing Dead Live" panel at PAX and it was pretty great. Very funny and interesting. Unfortunately I couldn't ask any questions about episode 3 because they wanted to avoid spoilers for people who hadn't yet played it.

Apparently Gary Whitta (the writer for episode 4; he also wrote The Book of Eli and is overseeing the overall narrative for the game this season) had a baby girl halfway through writing the episode and he said it "significantly influenced" the latter half of the script. He joked that the story will end with Lee and Clementine escaping to a tropical island with rainbows where nothing bad will ever happen to her again.

Plus I got a neat poster for attending:

And a T-shirt:

Old 09-06-12, 11:44 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Based on the reactions from everyone here, I ordered the Almost Everything Pack. Looking forward to playing this when I get home from work.
Old 09-07-12, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Wow, I really liked this episode. I expected it to end much much sooner, it seemed about as long as 1 and 2 combined, so that was also a pleasant experience. I think most of my decisions sided with the majority this time around, although it has been half and half in the past. Kenny was definitely starting to get on my nerves.
Old 09-09-12, 06:32 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been enjoying the game so far, but it's really buggy on my Mac. Every so often it will freeze and I'll have to restart the computer because I can't get back to the desktop, and if I do manage to get back to the desktop, I can't force close the game or do anything else. Is anyone else having problems playing this on the Mac? If I had known it was this buggy I might have foregone all the additional games included in the Almost Everything Pack and just bought it on the Xbox.
Old 09-24-12, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Apparently an Xbox/PS3 disc version with all five episodes is due December 4th, for $30.
Old 09-24-12, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

so basically people are paying an extra $5 for the disc. Glad I've bought the episodes individually the moment they are released.
Old 09-24-12, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, at least we know that the last two episodes will be out before December 4th.
Old 09-24-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys waiting for the disc should really go ahead and just jump in now. You're depriving yourself of a contender for Game of the Year for no real reason.
Old 09-24-12, 02:20 PM

Here's a real reason: I want to play through the whole thing at once, not three episodes now and one in October and one in December.

So I'll either be buying all five episodes as soon as the fifth one comes out, or I'll be buying the disc. And even though I usually prefer digital downloads to physical discs, in this case, I'm leaning toward the disc because the game doesn't seem like it would have a whole lot of replay value for me, so I could trade it in and recoup some of my money.
Old 09-24-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB
Here's a real reason: I want to play through the whole thing at once, not three episodes now and one in October and one in December.

So I'll either be buying all five episodes as soon as the fifth one comes out, or I'll be buying the disc. And even though I usually prefer digital downloads to physical discs, in this case, I'm leaning toward the disc because the game doesn't seem like it would have a whole lot of replay value for me, so I could trade it in and recoup some of my money.
Great post and exactly how I feel!
Old 09-24-12, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Supermallet
I've been enjoying the game so far, but it's really buggy on my Mac. Every so often it will freeze and I'll have to restart the computer because I can't get back to the desktop, and if I do manage to get back to the desktop, I can't force close the game or do anything else. Is anyone else having problems playing this on the Mac? If I had known it was this buggy I might have foregone all the additional games included in the Almost Everything Pack and just bought it on the Xbox.
I've been playing on both an iMac and Macbook Pro via Steam, and haven't had any problems.
Old 09-24-12, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

While the wait sucks, I actually like seeing the cliffhangers between episodes. I think the experience would be slightly different if I played the game straight through versus stopping to reflect on the decisions I just made in each episode.
Old 09-24-12, 04:05 PM

A podcast was discussing an episode recently and someone mentioned that he had forgotten some of the characters and the choices he made during the previous episode. I want to avoid that on my play through, and playing, say, one episode a day will give me kind of the best of both worlds I think. It's a game, not a TV series. Waiting two months to see what happens next is for the birds.
Old 09-24-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
so basically people are paying an extra $5 for the disc. Glad I've bought the episodes individually the moment they are released.
Or not, if they rent the disc or buy it and then trade in after they're finished playing.
Old 09-24-12, 05:59 PM

Or buy it pre-owned from Gamestop, beat it, and return it within seven days for a full refund. Cheap as hell and seems almost fraudulent, but it is within their return policy as I understand it.
Old 09-24-12, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MWB
A podcast was discussing an episode recently and someone mentioned that he had forgotten some of the characters and the choices he made during the previous episode. I want to avoid that on my play through, and playing, say, one episode a day will give me kind of the best of both worlds I think. It's a game, not a TV series. Waiting two months to see what happens next is for the birds.
Depends on how you look at it, I guess. I don't really see a difference between the breaks during a TV show season versus waiting for the whole season to finish and seeing episodic games like this. Either way works for people.
Old 10-10-12, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Episode 4 is here!
Old 10-10-12, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice, playing it as soon as I get off work.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.