Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-12, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

According to CAG, Toys'R'Us has B1G1 40% off Skylanders figures and accessories in their ad starting Sunday.
Old 10-18-12, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

So...any special deals or exclusives for this release on Sunday? My kid is frothing at the mouth but I want to get him the best deal.

You won't see me hitting every damn store this time around. And now that he is in 3rd grade, I see him using his money and waiting much more for figures this time around. Sorry kid.
Old 10-18-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps3520104a.jpg

Found this list at Darkspyro... rumored to be for wave 2 and 3/4.
Old 10-18-12, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
So...any special deals or exclusives for this release on Sunday? My kid is frothing at the mouth but I want to get him the best deal.

You won't see me hitting every damn store this time around. And now that he is in 3rd grade, I see him using his money and waiting much more for figures this time around. Sorry kid.
Best Buy has a bag of free crap with the purchase of the starter pack.

Target has the Granite Crusher giant

TRU has the legendary bouncer and legendary 3 pack with slam bam, ignitor and jet vac

Walmart/Sams Club has a starter pack with a glow in the dark Cynder
Old 10-18-12, 10:59 PM

From what I am reading on darkspyro, the lightcore figures do not have all the powers that the series 2 figures have. They're missing "wow pow". On another note, the darkspyro forums make my head hurt.
Old 10-19-12, 02:35 AM
Cool New Member

Hi Guys,

No prizes for guessing why I was in my local Tesco at 6:00 am this morning!!! Saved my birthday money from earlier this month and stacked the cart out with these babies! More info to follow this weekend!

Check out my collection at ratemycollection.com

ratemycollection.com/items/items_view.php?id=103
Old 10-19-12, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie

TRU has the legendary bouncer and legendary 3 pack with slam bam, ignitor and jet vac

Legendary Stealth Elf will be at TRU on Sunday as well.
Old 10-19-12, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
There is also a rumor on Dark Spyro that wave 2 is supposed to be available on Monday.
Old 10-19-12, 09:19 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I'm sooo glad I'm sitting this one out... for now.
Old 10-19-12, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Greeco
Hi Guys,

No prizes for guessing why I was in my local Tesco at 6:00 am this morning!!! Saved my birthday money from earlier this month and stacked the cart out with these babies! More info to follow this weekend!

Check out my collection at ratemycollection.com

ratemycollection.com/items/items_view.php?id=103
You saved your birthday money?
Old 10-19-12, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

For anyone with a local Fry's the original starter packs are on sale for $29.99 this week for 360, PS3 & Wii. Just picked up the 360 one to have to play with my nephew when he visits.
Old 10-19-12, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the info. I am really surprised Gamestop doesn't have anything special.

And what the hell is "wow pow?"
Old 10-19-12, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Gamestop has a LE Battle Pack.
Old 10-19-12, 07:14 PM

Looks like wave 2 is a TRU timed exclusive and will be out on 10/22... If that is true, this is an insane amount of figures being released.
Old 10-19-12, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the info. I am really surprised Gamestop doesn't have anything special.

In a interview with Scott Krager (producer) from E3, he states "Special to the series 2 characters is what we're calling a "Wow Pow". So each of the series 2 characters will have a new really awesome powerful upgrade that will be part of the upgrade chain".

For example, Trigger Happy's wow pow makes his golden machine gun periodically (?) into a flame thrower, as stated though only the series 2 reposes have the wow pow and it's not on the light core figures.

Other new tidbits, Target will have an exclusive light core 3 pack (on Nov. 27) with the wave 1 lc figures (Drobot, Eruptor, and Prism Break).

The 'early' release rumors of wave 2 (10/22) maybe a Toy'R'Us exclusive. There are photos of Hot Head on eBay with a box visible in the background that says "street date 10/22". It seems weird they would get the second wave a month(+) before everyone else, and even stranger they would release it during their B1G1 40% off sale week. That said, I'll still be there Monday to check. (scooped by Krayzie)
Old 10-19-12, 07:17 PM

Some sort of skill. I really have no idea. I just know the lightcore people do an aoe attack when they get summoned as I was at BB earlier today while my daughter played with the demo. Lightcore Prism Break looked pretty cool but I don't know if I want a nerfed character that lights up and costs $2 more.
Old 10-19-12, 08:11 PM

Some TRU stores are opening early this Sunday... I just noticed mine is opening at 8AM so now I have to go to Target and get out asap to go to TRU across the street.
Old 10-19-12, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Edison
as stated though only the series 2 reposes have the wow pow and it's not on the light core figures.
That's fucking lame. I'm about ready to sit this one out.

Of course all of this is par for the course for the company that ran Guitar Hero & Tony Hawk into the ground. It usually takes a few more sequels before exhaustion sets in.
Old 10-19-12, 08:44 PM

That's fucking lame. I'm about ready to sit this one out.

Of course all of this is par for the course for the company that ran Guitar Hero & Tony Hawk into the ground. It usually takes a few more sequels before exhaustion sets in.
Get ready for bi-yearly sequels! Coming soon... Series 3! Throw all your series 2 figures away because they're garbage compared to these new super figures!!
Old 10-19-12, 09:49 PM
Cool New Member

Does anyone know if the "Pop Fizz" character in the 3DS starter pack is exclusive to 3DS, like Ignitor was at the start of the first series?
Old 10-19-12, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by DMeaks
Does anyone know if the "Pop Fizz" character in the 3DS starter pack is exclusive to 3DS, like Ignitor was at the start of the first series?
It's more like Dark Spyro on the 3DS. There is a normal blue pop fizz.
Old 10-20-12, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Some TRU stores are opening early this Sunday... I just noticed mine is opening at 8AM so now I have to go to Target and get out asap to go to TRU across the street.
I'm going to TRU at 8 am for the sale, and having my wife go to Target for a Granite Crusher. My daughter has her portal owner pack pre-ordered at GameStop so I still have to get out again at 11 for that and my battle pack.

I *really* like the red pop fizz more than the blue one, but unless there is a good sale on the 3DS version a month or so down the road (Black Friday, maybe?) I don't think I'll grab it.

Last edited by Edison; 10-20-12 at 02:51 AM.
Old 10-20-12, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another quick question...so all these different items mentioned above at different stores, are they just extra exclusives you have to buy separately or is any of this stuff included with your purchase of the game? I want to get my kid the best deal with the most stuff but all this seems kinda confusing. I really haven't been keeping up or reading about it so maybe that is why I am so confused.
Old 10-20-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Best Buy is the only one giving away something with the game purchase (free bag of junk). The rest are just variations(different paint schemes) on the figures. They're still full price.
Old 10-20-12, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Another quick question...so all these different items mentioned above at different stores, are they just extra exclusives you have to buy separately or is any of this stuff included with your purchase of the game? I want to get my kid the best deal with the most stuff but all this seems kinda confusing. I really haven't been keeping up or reading about it so maybe that is why I am so confused.
Here is the rundown of *exclusive* items. These are all separate purchases except for the WM Starter Pack exclusive. I've commented several other posts to hopefully help you understand just what's going on.

First as mentioned by Krayzie - bolded comments in the post are additions by me.

Best Buy has a bag of free crap with the purchase of the starter pack. Wrist Band, bag, something else

Target has the Granite Crusher giant Blue crystals instead of green - otherwise it's the same with the same powers, etc.

TRU has the legendary bouncer and legendary 3 pack with slam bam, ignitor and jet vac Legendary characters have a different paint job (dark blue/gold) and will have this colorization in game as well as slightly different in-game stats.

Walmart/Sams Club has a starter pack with a glow in the dark Cynder *and* a glow-in-the dark portal. This is the *only* starter pack I'm aware of that has unique items that are not just add-on crap. The in-game stats on Cynder are the same and it looks "normal" in game, the character is just a full glow-in-the-dark varity.
Michael adds:
Same notes as the other Legendary figures. The "legendary" ones are *all* exclusive to TRU. If you don't have one near you then it's pay whorder prices on Amazon or keep trying to get one from TRU online.

Gamestop has a LE Battle Pack.
This is a package of Chop Chop (reposed), Dragonfire Cannon (new), Shroomboom (new) - 2 characters and a recolored Dragonfire Cannon (gold instead of silver I believe). Its color is different in game as well but the working of the toy is reportedly the same. Just a color change.

Originally Posted by Edison
Other new tidbits, Target will have an exclusive light core 3 pack (on Nov. 27) with the wave 1 lc figures (Drobot, Eruptor, and Prism Break).
Another separate purchase.

Originally Posted by DMeaks
And finally - This is reportedly a color change, like the Spyro in the original game. The color on the character is different in game like the Legendary characters. However, if the character holds true to that association the powers will be slightly different as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.