Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-13, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 to a V

I figure none of the hired crew is the best - certainly not at math. What kind of crew is ok with deducting half the take for some weird previous debt of one of the members? Or did the contract stipulate that the gunman gets 15% after the one guy pays off his mortgage and Mastercard?
Old 09-23-13, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

So... I am not seeing this overly aggressive police in the game, in regards to stealing a car, driving around without changing the plates, going through red lights, speeding, etc.

I do see them being stupid and trying to arrest you over stupid things like standing too close or talking to them.
Old 09-23-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
when it comes to picking crew my advice is ALWAYS take the best ones available. Don't worry about the money, you are going to have plenty, and actually I think you end up with more because bad crew members mess up....
I haven't had much time to play so i'm only at the first heist planning now. Makes me think I should go back and pick the more expensive guys...
Old 09-23-13, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
What I like are the psychic cops.
The cops I'm finding annoying are the ones that appear out of thin air.

There was no one around me (I even made sure), and I hit an armored car, and suddenly there's two cops directly behind me. WTF? It's like I'm in the Matrix.
Old 09-23-13, 02:57 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Sure you weren't playing Saint's Row IV?
Old 09-23-13, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Another great way to make money hit armored trucks, or just even kill the armed guards for some quick awesome cash (got 5500 by killing one of the guards, didn't even need to blow up the truck)
You killed the guard before he put the money in the truck. That can happen if you're really quick.

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I robbed an armored truck and expected to get a hell of a lot more than the 7,000 that I got.
I've robbed around 10 of them so far, and 7,000 seems to be on the higher end of what you can get. Money is really hard to come by in this game except for the heist missions, and even those don't always pay out what you'd expect.
Old 09-23-13, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I am 65% done and i have to admit i am getting tired of completing missions only to get stiffed on payment. I presume the last big missions will pay serious money, but it still gets irritating after a while. I have been buying places and investing in stocks to boost money which is working ok at the moment. Still a long way off being able to buy the$150 million golf course.
Old 09-23-13, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
I am 65% done and i have to admit i am getting tired of completing missions only to get stiffed on payment. I presume the last big missions will pay serious money, but it still gets irritating after a while. I have been buying places and investing in stocks to boost money which is working ok at the moment. Still a long way off being able to buy the$150 million golf course.
The final mission pays
Spoiler:
around 24 million per character.
Old 09-23-13, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
You killed the guard before he put the money in the truck. That can happen if you're really quick.
They seem to kind of hang out around their armored truck for a little bit..I just made sure I started to shoot them out. Once they get in and drive off it is much more difficult.

I've hit 5 or 6 of these armored trucks.
Old 09-23-13, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Music
So... I am not seeing this overly aggressive police in the game, in regards to stealing a car, driving around without changing the plates, going through red lights, speeding, etc.

I do see them being stupid and trying to arrest you over stupid things like standing too close or talking to them.
Yeah I'm not sure how you get police attention. Sometimes I steal a car with no one around..I get a star..other times I will walk up and throw someone out of a car..and no star.

I will say that tho even it is easy getting stars, I am having success shaking the cops, even the 3 star with the helicopters..I usally ditch them by going places that they can not go, or that there is no traffic (train tracks, the water, under bridges etc)
Old 09-23-13, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Garage issues - http://kotaku.com/rockstar-warns-gta...unt-1372496023

From Rockstar:

We have received some reports about problems with cars and garages, particularly after upgrading and then completing a mission, and are looking into this now. Unfortunately, we do not currently have a workaround to recover a car if it is missing. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

This issue may occur if you drive another character’s personal vehicle. We are looking into a fix to prevent this from occurring in the future. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification when the fix is live, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. In the meantime, please try to avoid parking a car in a garage, driving one already in a garage, or getting in a default vehicle, when playing as a character other than the one with your upgrades.
Old 09-23-13, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

They should have used a Jack Nicholson voice for Trevor.
Old 09-23-13, 05:32 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

man i suck. i can't drive for shit. failed 2nd mission where i have to keep up with Lamar. i've never played a GTA, is this par for the course with driving? does it get better?
Old 09-23-13, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It gets better. I really hated the driving at first (voiced it in this thread), but I think it's a combination of the cars you get and your characters driving skills improving, it just gets easier to control. I still have issues with it, but it's barely even a complaint at this point. Now driving while shooting, that's a different story. That shit is flat out impossible, not sure what they were thinking.
Old 09-23-13, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a nice surprise ... I did one of those random blips (returned a stolen bike to the owner) ... Now I get an email saying "Not Spam" and find $100k worth of stock in my account ..

Sweet!
Old 09-23-13, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
It gets better. I really hated the driving at first (voiced it in this thread), but I think it's a combination of the cars you get and your characters driving skills improving, it just gets easier to control. I still have issues with it, but it's barely even a complaint at this point. Now driving while shooting, that's a different story. That shit is flat out impossible, not sure what they were thinking.
Driving and shooting has never been a good combo for the GTA games. Not sure why they can't have auto aim set for that.
Old 09-23-13, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Now driving while shooting, that's a different story. That shit is flat out impossible, not sure what they were thinking.
Driving while shooting is actually easier in real life than it is in this game. Don't ask me how I know...
Old 09-23-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Driving while shooting is actually easier in real life than it is in this game. Don't ask me how I know...
lol! It is a real bitch. Also, trying to film that crazy actress following you in a car is damn near impossible.
Old 09-23-13, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I was all over the place filming that actress, but passed without issues. I wondered how accurate you had to be with that to fail the mission.
Old 09-23-13, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Music
They should have used a Jack Nicholson voice for Trevor.
and Michael should have been a retired Tommy Vercetti
Old 09-23-13, 09:00 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

So the game gives you the option (I assume after to many failures) to press X for skip.
Does that mean I will skip over this mission and miss some of the story? Or what?
Old 09-23-13, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts

You have to wear a tutu in your next mission.
Old 09-23-13, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by achau9598
What a nice surprise ... I did one of those random blips (returned a stolen bike to the owner) ... Now I get an email saying "Not Spam" and find $100k worth of stock in my account .. Sweet!

Yeah that was quite nice. Still trying to decide how to invest. That stock hasn't really moved for me. Also, I was told to buy low sell high (duh). Does that mean I should buy
Spoiler:
LifeInvader
stock after
Spoiler:
blowing up the CEO 's head
in anticipation of a comeback? Too bad you can't short stocks in this game.
Old 09-23-13, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
Yeah that was quite nice. Still trying to decide how to invest. That stock hasn't really moved for me. Also, I was told to buy low sell high (duh). Does that mean I should buy
Spoiler:
LifeInvader
stock after
Spoiler:
blowing up the CEO 's head
in anticipation of a comeback? Too bad you can't short stocks in this game.
I assumed the same thing and tried it. It didn't work out well for me.

The assassination missions (that Lester gives to Franklin) are the ones where you can really get some nice profits.
Old 09-23-13, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Spoiler:
I got the best of everything except the gunman, since I was going in quiet and he was unlikely to be needed. This was a mistake, because he crashed his bike during the escape and I lost 1/3 of my money.
Exact thing I did.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.