Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official PS Vita / PlayStation TV Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
re: Official PS Vita / PlayStation TV Thread

Regular Vita orientation, camera view 3, default buttons with the shoulder buttons as flippers.
while it's nice that you can display the whole table at once vertically, I just can't see enough detail in that orientation
Old 02-11-14, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
You can, but I think it would make more sense to just play ZP2 on the Vita directly since it includes Vita versions of all the tables (not just the 15-18 currently available for the PS4. Plus of course you could play it anywhere with the Vita. It's really become my dedicated portable pinball machine
Nice, didn't know that. I don't think I can pass up the redesigned Vita for $200.
Old 02-11-14, 12:40 PM

If you buy the ZP2 and/or the TPA tables, it's very worthwhile. I play those two way more than anything else.
That new Vita + BL2 + DLC + 8 GB card for $200 is a pretty nice deal. Don't really know how conducive BL2 is for a quick pick-up-and-play gaming session, but they've been working on it a long time so I imagine it's a well-made port.

Plus of course there's a ton of free games for PS Plus members -- to the point of it becoming comical. I probably haven't even downloaded half the free games out of space concerns.
Old 02-14-14, 09:37 AM

Speaking of PS Plus freebies : for whatever reason, I tried the copy of Urban Trials Freestyle yesterday that was a free game a couple of months ago. It's a shameless Trials HD ripoff, but a pretty good one. Looks sharp, controls well, super-fast loading and instant restarts. Perfect for quick pick-up-and-play gaming on the go. I wouldn't spend money on it but as a freebie, it's surprisingly nice. Check it out if you haven't tried your copy yet.
Old 02-15-14, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a Vita - mainly to use as a remote play device - but am looking forward to playing the dedicated Vita games as well. I'm planning on picking up Tearaway and Persona 4 immediately...anything else a must?
Old 02-15-14, 07:42 PM

Those are the two best games right there. Soul Sacrifice and Uncharted Golden Abyss are also very good, but both have gone free before with Playstation Plus.
I hear the Killzone game (Mercenary) is very good, but I haven't played it yet.

And the portable Earth Defense Force game is supposed to be pretty fun. It's on sale for $9.99 this week on the PSN store
Old 02-16-14, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

mutant blobs attack is fun, perfect for Vita. LBP Vita is good too. Persona4 though is the best.
Old 03-17-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been playing KillZone: M. I like it better than Shadow Fall. The level design flows better ( I haven't been lost yet). And, I really like earning money for upgrades.
Old 03-17-14, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Soul Sacrifice, you got to play it! I'm amazed by the online community...
Old 03-17-14, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by XavierMike
I've been playing KillZone: M. I like it better than Shadow Fall. The level design flows better ( I haven't been lost yet). And, I really like earning money for upgrades.
It's a trip being able to play a real FPS on a handheld and have it feel just like a premium console FPS. It's a solid, solid game.

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Soul Sacrifice, you got to play it! I'm amazed by the online community...
I still need to download that freebie and try it out. I was pretty lost with the mega-demo they released. Hopefully the game is a little easier for me to understand.
Old 03-19-14, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fans of Corpse Party, Vita is getting a sequel!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/19...ystation-vita/
Old 03-19-14, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Fans of Corpse Party, Vita is getting a sequel!
Old 03-20-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I still need to download that freebie and try it out. I was pretty lost with the mega-demo they released. Hopefully the game is a little easier for me to understand.
I was on the fence too (so many games to play, why pick Soul Sacrifice right?). But as soon as I got through the tutorials (the beginning chapters are basically tutorials, teaches you what Offerings are, to sacrifice or to save), very easy to understand.... The advance stuff are Offering fusion, even then it's not too bad. You can basically relive most of the pacts online, which is better than playing with dumb AI partners (you can do everything by yourself too). If you're new, make sure you filter on "just for fun" or "beginner" rooms. Don't go to those "serious" or "veteran" rooms (some of them are password protected anyway). You can also create your own rooms, like "need help" or "farming," the online community is quite polite.
Old 03-20-14, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got the e-mail saying that Monster Hunter is coming for the Vita FREE (PS+)? Man, loving my Vita!
Old 03-20-14, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZLwKkjvL_zA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-24-14, 08:00 PM

PS Vita System Software Update 3.10

+ Posted by Sharon Kapitula on Mar 24, 2014 // Platform Marketing, SCEA

Hi everyone! The next system software update for PS Vita, version 3.10, will be available for download beginning later today. This update brings some anticipated and useful features to PS Vita, including the ability to display more than 100 applications on the home screen (we know you’ve been waiting patiently for this one), and a new Calendar application.

Check out some of the new features and changes in PS Vita’s 3.10 system update below:

You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.

For the full list of new or revised features in PS Vita system software update 3.10 and instructions for updating your system, please visit this page after the update goes live later today.
Old 03-24-14, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool. I don't need the 500 app limit, but I like the memory card management.
Old 03-28-14, 01:14 PM

Just got a Vita to take advantage of the PS+ action, as well as remote play. That's about it, lol.
Old 03-28-14, 02:03 PM

Well PS+ would have given you something like 30 games or more by now, so that's plenty.
Old 03-28-14, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by M Polo
Just got a Vita to take advantage of the PS+ action, as well as remote play. That's about it, lol.
Late ass SHEEP!
Old 04-02-14, 12:33 PM

Finally, here's a game that should have really been present since launch :

PlayStation Vita Pets Coming on June 3rd

+ Posted by Jenny Murphy on Apr 02, 2014 // Producer, SCEA

We are very excited to announce that we will be releasing PlayStation Vita Pets exclusively for PS Vita. PlayStation Vita Pets is no ordinary pet game! The team at Spiral House set out to make something that was more than just a pet sim – we wanted to make something that felt like a real game, with characters, fun and adventure, so that’s exactly what we did.

In the game you pick from four different puppies, each with their own personality, sense of humor and character traits. Once you’ve gotten to know each other and learned the skills needed to venture outside the safety of your home you’ll be able to embark (no pun intended) on the adventure of Castlewood Island and uncover the long lost legend of a king and his dog.

That’s right; outside of the home where you dress, play with, bathe and train your dog is a whole island of adventure to explore and puzzles to solve. Together you’ll be able to explore a massive forest, venture into multiple locations like spooky old mines and graveyards to ultimately make your way to the legendary castle in the center of the island, where the king’s greatest treasures are hidden…

None of this is possible without your pet pal though, through nurturing, training and playing together your dog will gain the skills you both need to be able to progress deeper into the world, crawling, pulling, digging, jumping and more will all come into play if you want to be able to uncover all the secrets of Castlewood Island.

We’ll share more details in the coming weeks. PlayStation Vita Pets will be available for purchase on PlayStation Store on June 3rd, just in time for summer.
Old 04-08-14, 03:52 PM

SunFlowers was a cute little Vita game that was a fun demo to play, but way overpriced.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Z7q8VfBcT4c?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Z7q8VfBcT4c?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Today it's on sale for 49 cents and so I just picked it up. Not free, but damn close.
Old 04-08-14, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw on IGN that the slim Vita is being released on May 16th. I like the smooth edges and lighter weight, but I'm keeping my phat for the OLED.
Old 04-08-14, 04:17 PM

Absolutely. I'd like thinner and longer battery life (as well as free Borderlands 2 on Vita), but not at the expense of the better screen. I love my Vita and don't think it's too thick or too heavy.
Old 04-24-14, 05:05 PM

Pleasant surprise : I discovered that Dead Nation has come out for the Vita now and is a free download for those who own the PS3 (not the PS4) version. Not my favorite game, but good for a quick pick-up-and-play session.

Also to repeat what I mentioned last year : I played some Tearaway on the plane last week after neglecting it for a while. It's really a remarkable game and probably the second-best game on the system. It's so cool how they casually use every interactive feature of the Vita (gyroscope, microphone, front and back touchscreens, both front and back cameras) without it ever feeling all that gimmicky. I'll be playing and suddenly pass a picture I'd taken previously of me and my daughter, hanging on a world or hiding within a box somewhere in the level. It's like they took all the cool interactive features of LBP (except, of course, level-making) and made them cooler and more interactive. I know nobody but me buys retail games for the Vita, but if you were considering just one, this should be it. I know IGN mentioned a 5 hr playthrough, but I'm pretty sure it's closer to double that.
-- edit Howlongtobeat.com lists it at 6.5-8 hrs. (depending on whether you do extras/side quests). That sounds more like what I'm experiencing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.