Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fable III -- Oct. 26th, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-10, 11:51 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Fable III -- Oct. 26th, 2010

I would like to thank Groucho for taking my hand in marriage, and having a baby with me....and I would also like to thank the makers of Fable 3 for not having in game chat...or the sex would have been very awkward...LOL..

I also like to thank Groucho for going for the cheapest marriage location...a girl really feels special in your arms!!!...
Old 11-02-10, 12:26 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Was there a special achievement for having Groucho's love child?
Old 11-02-10, 12:29 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Was there a special achievement for having Groucho's love child?
other than the fact that I can now go to the "other" forum and truthfully claim that I have had sex with groucho??? no...but I think that is an achievement in itself....
Old 11-02-10, 01:39 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

<embed swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="samedomain" width="424" height="76" src="http://www.justachieveit.com/justachieveit2.swf?d=Become+Groucho%27s+next+wife&gs=25&s=y" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
Old 11-02-10, 08:43 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for the, ahem, "business partnership" fox. I'm just glad that your character was female, otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd be breaking some sort of Utah law.

I'm also now a lot more wealthy (not that money is that hard to come by in this game).
Old 11-02-10, 11:13 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Groucho
Thanks for the, ahem, "business partnership" fox. I'm just glad that your character was female, otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd be breaking some sort of Utah law.

I'm also now a lot more wealthy (not that money is that hard to come by in this game).
how does that work by the way??? Are you still making money even though I left the game?
Old 11-02-10, 11:19 AM

Any property we bought together is marked as "Owned by Runner Groucho and FOXDVD". I get 50% of what I would get if I owned it myself.

Now, what I don't know is what happens to your share of the gold. Whether you get it automatically or if you have to visit me in game.
Old 11-02-10, 11:30 AM
gamer for life

Any property we bought together is marked as "Owned by Runner Groucho and FOXDVD". I get 50% of what I would get if I owned it myself.

Now, what I don't know is what happens to your share of the gold. Whether you get it automatically or if you have to visit me in game.
ok...

save as much gold as you can though, you need it by the end of the game....we are talking millions...so even though it seems like you have a lot of money, unlike the first game, you don't...
Old 11-02-10, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From Joystiq:

An update on Lionhead's official blog has revealed that the developer is currently working on a patch for a few known Fable 3 issues, and is also seeking bug submissions from the game's most attentive players.
Old 11-02-10, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

The only bug I've spotted so far was in the "Chicken Chaser" quest, my dog gets stuck in a fence and stays stuck for several minutes.
Old 11-02-10, 06:02 PM
gamer for life

The game froze on me during the last battle, and I lost about 20 minutes of play...and I did not get the achv for wearing a chicken while King...but that was it as far as glitches....
Old 11-11-10, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just beat this earlier today, and I have to agree with the general opinion of disappointment. A lot of good ideas lost in lackluster execution. Some of the design decisions to make the game... less "gamey"... were simply mind boggling and really soured my experience.

I will give the game props for it's voice cast. They were certainly able to get an impressive group together.
Old 11-11-10, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Question for kings...

Spoiler:

I've taken over as the king and have about 3.2 mil in the bank for the defense against the darkness. There's 120+ days until it arrives. For those who have gotten past this, do you get to keep playing your current game after all of this happens? or does it basically end everything?

The reason I'm asking is I have a ton more stuff to find and wanted to make sure I can keep playing with my same character after the whole darkness thing plays out.
Old 11-11-10, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm mostly finished, and definitely agree that this game is lacking compared to part 2. It feels alot less epic. Not nearly as much to do and navigating can be a pain, having to hit start to go back and forth for various things. I do like that you can buy houses from the map. That was one of the positives. But I do hate that you have no idea how many potions you have and the lack of a health meter.

The enemies don't seem nearly as tough either. I definitely got knocked out more often in part 2 compared to 3.
Old 11-12-10, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Question for kings...

Spoiler:

I've taken over as the king and have about 3.2 mil in the bank for the defense against the darkness. There's 120+ days until it arrives. For those who have gotten past this, do you get to keep playing your current game after all of this happens? or does it basically end everything?

The reason I'm asking is I have a ton more stuff to find and wanted to make sure I can keep playing with my same character after the whole darkness thing plays out.
The ending. This is where my dislike turned to hate.

Spoiler:
Yes you can keep playing but there isn't any point because everyone, or nearly everyone, is dead and everyone hates you... even if you played a "good" character.

This is the same issue throughout the game. The assholes are deliberately vague and never quantify anything. You have a goal but not enough information to achieve it. They try and make you think it's about your decisions but that is bullshit. It isn't about the decisions you make or even good vs evil... it's all about money. You need 6.5 -7 mil for defense in the kingdom treasury. Otherwise, nearly everyone dies and you will be running around ghost towns.

It really pissed me off that I played a "good" guy, made good decisions and still got fucked. Lionhead has seen the last of my money. Motherfuckers.
Old 11-12-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Question for kings...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Not sure if you've already acted on this, but be careful. There's a MASSIVE jump in the days right at the end, so stop now and do all the things you're wanting to do -- and earn ALL THE MONEY you're wanting to earn -- before the darkness comes. You will have free-roam afterward to do everything you wanted to do, though. I got through the darkness with four or five evil quests and a handful of relationship quests still opened up, and the battle that occurs didn't affect my ability to access them.

Originally Posted by Easy
The ending. This is where my dislike turned to hate.

Spoiler:
Yes you can keep playing but there isn't any point because everyone, or nearly everyone, is dead and everyone hates you... even if you played a "good" character.

This is the same issue throughout the game. The assholes are deliberately vague and never quantify anything. You have a goal but not enough information to achieve it. They try and make you think it's about your decisions but that is bullshit. It isn't about the decisions you make or even good vs evil... it's all about money. You need 6.5 -7 mil for defense in the kingdom treasury. Otherwise, nearly everyone dies and you will be running around ghost towns.

It really pissed me off that I played a "good" guy, made good decisions and still got fucked. Lionhead has seen the last of my money. Motherfuckers.
Spoiler:
Toss about $1mil in the treasury after it's done and sleep for two weeks. The people come back when there's money in the treasury, and the bodies are cleaned up.
Old 11-12-10, 12:32 PM

The game is completely unbalanced, since
Spoiler:
invasion ticker
pauses while you run around even though the
Spoiler:
rent ticker
just keeps going. Which means it's easy to
Spoiler:
amass large amounts of personal wealth and simply donate it to the treasury -- even if you make all the "good" decisions along the way. The people love you AND the kingdom is saved with zero casualties.
Old 11-12-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

But I do hate that you have no idea how many potions you have and the lack of a health meter.

The enemies don't seem nearly as tough either. I definitely got knocked out more often in part 2 compared to 3.

You dont have to use any health potions cause you respawn in the same exact spot when you die.
Old 11-12-10, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by mhg83
You dont have to use any health potions cause you respawn in the same exact spot when you die.
True, but getting knocked out scars your body, makes you less attractive, and alters people's perception of you. Plus, there's an achievement available for going the entire game without getting tilted.
Old 11-12-10, 01:32 PM

No worries. No matter how unattractive you are you can just run up to somebody and slow dance with them. If that doesn't win them over, simply tickle them and/or act like a chicken and they'll fall in love in no time. Just like real life.
Old 11-13-10, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just beat this today. I feel like KGB in Rounders...completely unsatisfied. I really don't know how long I spent playing it but it seemed like about 10 hours or something. Maybe even less. It's not even worth it. I know there are side quests and keys and treasure chests to find and all that crap but ultimately all that stuff is worthless.

I played the entire game with the same weapon. I bought one house. Did a couple jobs until I discovered that was worthless because there's no reason for money because there are no other weapons to buy. I couldn't find any super weapons or anything and I didn't need them anyway since I just mashed my way through the entire game with some kind of big ol hammer. I barely even opened half the chests in the Road to Ruin thing. It's not like I needed to become to melee master in order to beat the game or anything. I'm not even good at video games but I probably got knocked out maybe 8 times throughout the game but big deal...you just respawn in the exact same place.

I don't know...I know Fable always talks about how deep it is and them ultimately it's a huge disappointment but this one seemed even less deep than the other ones. For me it more or less had no role playing elements whatsoever as I barely levelled up at all and the choices I made didn't really seem to affect anything in the end.

Whatever...I'll buy Fable 4 when it comes out but I just wish these games were better ya know.
Old 11-15-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DLC News:

Hardly any time has passed at all since the release of Fable III, but Lionhead already have some DLC up their sleeve for those of you desperate for more chances to explore and adventure around the world of Albion.

Entitled "Understone Quest", the DLC contains three new quests and will launch on November 23rd for 400MSP.

The official run down by Lionhead gives details on the mishaps and mysteries your hero can expect to become embroiled in:

[You] will discover a mysterious town built beneath the streets of Bowerstone, crafted by eccentric inventor Montague Hummes. This full scale town is bustling with new houses and stalls to own, novel creatures to battle and a major mystery to solve. As added bonuses, you’re invited to explore the Mercenary Shooting Range and the Wheel of Misfortune, for chances to win in-game prizes

There's also additional information available on each of the specific quests that the new environments will play host to. First up is the 'main' quest entitled "The Voice" which will make up the meat of your DLC purchase:
Quest One - The Voice

In the main quest, explore the mysterious underground land built by Montague Hummes in fear of the Spire in “Fable II” -
Discover the origin of the voice that controls the people of Understone
Features a moral decision that will lead to two drastically different outcomes in Understone
The second offering is a replayable shooting range with various prizes and awards on offer:
Quest Two - Shooting Range

“Shooting Range”: After defeating Saker during your quest to become King, the remaining Mercenaries have turned their camp into a tourist attraction. The main attraction being the replayable shooting range mode -
Beat the high scores to win three prizes that can be used while playing the mini-game: the Marksman 500 (gifted to players for downloading the pack), Money Shot (prize) and Black Dragon (prize).
The third and final quest on offer from the DLC is entitled "The Wheel of Misfortune" with more prizes and goodies on offer to participants:
Quest Three - The Wheel of Misfortune

“The Wheel of Misfortune”: After Reaver vacated his home, he set up a venture for budding heroes to replay the thrilling arena-based challenges within his new dwellings.

Beat the high scores to win three new weapons that can be used while playing in the mini-game: The Full Monty (gifted to player upon downloading pack), Dirty Harriet (prize) and Dead Ned’s Revolver (prize)
This rounds off "Understone Quests" but Lionhead have detailed further and significantly smaller DLC releases due on the same date. The "Exclusive Hair Pack" launches on the same day and is priced at 160MSP. With this you can give your hero some exclusive stylings including 'corn rows, afro and asymmetrical bob styles'.

If this thrill ride isn't your bag, you could pick up the "5 Star Dog Potion" for 80MSP which 'gives your canine companion the full 5-star ability for digging, diving and tracking down hidden chests right from the start'.

Finally there's the "Reaver Industries Hero Outfit" 160MSP and "Dye Pack" 80MSP to provide new colouring possibilities to make your hero 'the talk of Albion'.

I figure most of you stopped reading after 'the "Exclusive Hair Pack"?'
I'm pretty sure that anyone who actually buys the exclusive hairstyles should be exiled from humanity.
Old 11-15-10, 10:10 AM

Can't wait to get corn rows.

On the flip side, I'm looking forward to more nagging from John Cleese to "check out the sanctuary shop!"
Old 11-15-10, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

On the flip side, I'm looking forward to more nagging from John Cleese to "check out the sanctuary shop!"
Old 11-15-10, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ha, I actually mentioned that in my review to some extent. I absolutely love the concept of the Sanctuary, but I could do without that bit of self promotion.

All in all, I still am having a lot of fun with the game. Yes, Fable II was better but this game still has its charm. The quests are pretty good (minus the fetch quests) and I stand by the fact that there is plenty to do if you want to deviate from the main story.

BTW, the person who hasn't opened up half of the chests in the Road to Rule is missing out a bit especially if he hasn't opened up all of the ones that enhance your town experience like being able to buy shops and real estate.

I probably screwed myself up though in one way. I created my wife thru the village creator, so naturally I felt compelled to marry her. And now we already have a kid. (I probably said Fuck too loudly when the in-game representation said I'm pregnant, LOL) I have a feeling this will lead to issue later on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.