Borderlands

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-11, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Borderlands

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Split screen with yourself and use team XP mods.
This, though you will want to pick your areas to farm if you are on playthrough 2.5. You can die a lot if you aren't careful.
Old 08-29-11, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
scott, are you on Live? If so, I wouldn't mind playing a little with you some time to quickly ramp up your level. My BFF is sick of the game after playing it with me for 1 1/2 yeas, but I'm still game for an occasional round.
I would definatly be down to helping you level up or any co-op. Just shot me a message if you see me on live.
Old 08-29-11, 03:20 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 918 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
scott, are you on Live? If so, I wouldn't mind playing a little with you some time to quickly ramp up your level. My BFF is sick of the game after playing it with me for 1 1/2 yeas, but I'm still game for an occasional round.
ygpm.
Old 08-29-11, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I would definatly be down to helping you level up or any co-op. Just shot me a message if you see me on live.
i really don't know what i am doing when it comes to co-op and don't want to get anyone killed if that is possible. i am trying to do the Crawmerax glitch, but i die everytime i try to goto the alcove to the left. i must be a lost cause.
Old 08-29-11, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Anybody see me on shoot me a message, I'd be up for some co-op but I'm only around level 20ish soldier.
Old 08-29-11, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
i really don't know what i am doing when it comes to co-op and don't want to get anyone killed if that is possible. i am trying to do the Crawmerax glitch, but i die everytime i try to goto the alcove to the left. i must be a lost cause.

It's not a lost cause. I can't remember if the "glitch" was fixed with a patch or not. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought as long as you're 'offline" you can do it but not online(?)

Also search Borderlands Crawermax and there's a bunch of videos showing how it's done. Of course it's easier when you're like Level 60 and above. Even at Level 56 it's tough. And you need to have the right "mods" in place like with ammo and health regen. Of course getting a few that's level 60 and above to help out is better as you can just hang back and reap the rewards.
Old 08-29-11, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I remember the first time I did Craw one of his tentacles knocked me up on top of the cliff. He didn't aim for me the rest of the game and I was free to just unload on him.
Old 08-29-11, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
It's not a lost cause. I can't remember if the "glitch" was fixed with a patch or not. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought as long as you're 'offline" you can do it but not online(?)

Also search Borderlands Crawermax and there's a bunch of videos showing how it's done. Of course it's easier when you're like Level 60 and above. Even at Level 56 it's tough. And you need to have the right "mods" in place like with ammo and health regen. Of course getting a few that's level 60 and above to help out is better as you can just hang back and reap the rewards.
i looked at all the vids and i do exactly what i see, but to no avail. he nails me as i am going to hide in the corner. i was online, though, i believe. i am already frustrated and plan to move on and let Crawmerax be my achilles heel that perhaps one day i will conquer.
Old 08-30-11, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was very hard to do, kind of fluky. The first time I tried it it worked, but my gun was such a low level I finally gave up thinking I'd try it again later with a better weapon, but I was never able to do it again.

But yeah, it could have been fixed by a patch too.
Old 10-16-11, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I realize I'm the last man to this party, but I literally just popped in Borderlands this weekend and it kicks all sorts of ass.

I'm playing as the Soldier class but I'm stumped as to how to deploy the Scorpio Turret? Can anyone help?
Old 10-16-11, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I actually just put it back in today again for the first time in a long time. It's still a great game.
I think you don't actually earn your special skill till level 5, and you have to put a point into it in your character skill selection. Once you do, maybe it's LB (on the 360 controller?)
Old 10-17-11, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I've "earned" the skill but I had to take out 9 Toes all by myself. It took about 7 tries between him and those stupid mutant dog things attacking me. The turret would have been helpful. I'll try LB.
Old 10-17-11, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, from the 8 or 80 (I can't remember) times I've started a new character in Borderlands, 9 Toes was always at the cusp of that 5th level. Usually you won't have the special skill by then unless you specifically grind up a level or two... Or you just get lost for a while and it happens on its own
Old 04-05-12, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My buddy and I just started the GOTY edition this week and I didn't want to dig through this thread yet in fear of spoiling anything but had a quick question. If either of us decide to play solo for awhile how does that affect the missions?
Old 04-05-12, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
My buddy and I just started the GOTY edition this week and I didn't want to dig through this thread yet in fear of spoiling anything but had a quick question. If either of us decide to play solo for awhile how does that affect the missions?

Doing solo or coop doesn't change your level, missions or side objectives. In other words if you go and play "ahead" of your friend on a few missions and then play together, yours should be "checked" (if memory serves me) while his is still open. Your level will also stay the same no matter solo or coop. Does that answer it?

I might add if you want to stay close to the same level doing coop then you might think about doing another character solo while doing the other character coop. That way neither of you will get to far ahead level wise. The other advantage of this is playing two or more is some pick up up goodies...weapons.. that's meant for another character. You can store them and trade off later. Just a thought.

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-05-12 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-05-12, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it won't cause too many problems, but you want to make sure you are similar in level. If you have the free time, it isn't a bad idea to open get all 4 character types past the annoying intro levels to the game so you have a few options when playing with friends, level wise.
Old 04-05-12, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
What level are you? I'm a level 11 right now can could use some company and help.

I wandered by myself into a cave and it had a bunch of these:

I didn't go to well solo. There was like 4 or 5 of them.
Old 04-05-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fire & Explosive Guns work best on those critters and don't even think about outrunning them unless you're playing as Lilith. Quick and unpredictable
Old 04-05-12, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Fire & Explosive Guns work best on those critters and don't even think about outrunning them unless you're playing as Lilith. Quick and unpredictable
Oh yeah I learned that pretty quick.
Old 04-05-12, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Larry C.
What level are you? I'm a level 11 right now can could use some company and help.
I'm only a level 8 right now. We're going to try and play a little more this weekend so hopefully we'll be around the same level by next week and we can hit up some co op.
Old 04-30-12, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished up the main campaign over the weekend. Damn, was this game a blast to play. A friend and I played through the whole thing on co op and spent just over 30hrs to finish. I think my final level was around 32 or 33.

So with the GOTY edition, how should we play through the DLC? Does it matter where we start or the order to go through it in?

Also, is it worth it to go back and do some of the side missions? At this point money isn't much of an issue but some more kick ass guns would be nice.
Old 04-30-12, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think it matters. Might as well just do them chronologically in order of release.

IIRC, General Knoxx's Armory had some bad ass loot, but you may be better off hitting those when you have the highest levels possible.
Old 04-30-12, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Just don't play Mad Moxie's Thunderdome or whatever that was. Worst gaming experience of my life.
Old 04-30-12, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
I don't think it matters. Might as well just do them chronologically in order of release.

IIRC, General Knoxx's Armory had some bad ass loot, but you may be better off hitting those when you have the highest levels possible.
This is true. You might consider looking up videos on how to get infinite time in his Armory if you are as much of a loot whore as I am.
Old 04-30-12, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Just don't play Mad Moxie's Thunderdome or whatever that was. Worst gaming experience of my life.
Oh, it's not that bad. It's just horde mode with way less options :P

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.