Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-09, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,294 Likes on 4,305 Posts
Re: Borderlands

Originally Posted by Gooter
I couldn't hold off any longer. Hopefully will get to play tonight.
I'm trying to wait, but my Friends list yesterday was accompanied by a steady stream of penis-faced guys shooting themselves in the head. Peer pressure might get to me here...
Old 10-23-09, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This game is insanely fun. If i see anyone online would you co-op with me?
Old 10-23-09, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Any other PS3 users that I don't have in my list add me and my brother and I will co-op with you. Our charatcers are at level 13 right now.
Old 10-23-09, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to go home and play some more of this. I got it yesterday from Gamefly and put in a couple hours so far. I have a Level 11 Soldier, trying to specialize mainly on the turret. Really fun game so far.
Old 10-23-09, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd really like to play this, but first person shooters give me motion sickness.

Can anybody with a similar problem comment on how well they handled this game?
Old 10-23-09, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew
I'd really like to play this, but first person shooters give me motion sickness.

They make me feel ill sometimes but this one doesn't really bother me. I hope that helps. It moves really fast but it isn't herky jerky.
Old 10-23-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would the style of art help with that? It's not trying to look "real".
Old 10-23-09, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
They make me feel ill sometimes but this one doesn't really bother me. I hope that helps. It moves really fast but it isn't herky jerky.
Yeah...it's really rather smooth movement wise. Bounces a little with running, but outside of that I haven't noticed it being too bad.

I think it also helps that most of the time you're out in the open, so it doesn't get too disorienting.
Old 10-23-09, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alright, sounds like I'll give it a rental then.

Of course, Uncharted 2 comes first.
Old 10-23-09, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,294 Likes on 4,305 Posts

You all peer-pressured me into grabbing this at lunch today with one of my place holders. I hope I can play with some of you online sometime despite my low character level and amazing suckiness.
Old 10-23-09, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just checking the thread and really surprised by all the good reviews. I'm going to get this game next week from BB it seems.
Old 10-23-09, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,369 Likes on 931 Posts

so how long does this take to beat? i'm considering buying 2 copies next week w/ BB's sale, so me and a buddy can play.
Old 10-23-09, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
so how long does this take to beat? i'm considering buying 2 copies next week w/ BB's sale, so me and a buddy can play.
Not sure there's really a simple answer to this. I've played about 18 hours or so and am currently on Level 22. I read in a review that someone beat the game at Level 35 after about 25 hours or so. Which then allows for a 2nd playthough keeping your leveled character, so you can play to the Level 50 cap. All the while this is with only one of the 4 classes you can choose from, which are pretty different power wise.

So sure maybe you can beat the game in 20-25 hours, but there's easily hundreds of hours of use built into this game. No question.
Old 10-23-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Chew

I hear you. Haven't really played a FPS since Doom.
Old 10-23-09, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,369 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
Not sure there's really a simple answer to this. I've played about 18 hours or so and am currently on Level 22. I read in a review that someone beat the game at Level 35 after about 25 hours or so. Which then allows for a 2nd playthough keeping your leveled character, so you can play to the Level 50 cap. All the while this is with only one of the 4 classes you can choose from, which are pretty different power wise.

So sure maybe you can beat the game in 20-25 hours, but there's easily hundreds of hours of use built into this game. No question.
that's a good answer. thank you. probably only one time play through, so that is a good frame of reference if i decide to get it.
Old 10-23-09, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
You all peer-pressured me into grabbing this at lunch today with one of my place holders. I hope I can play with some of you online sometime despite my low character level and amazing suckiness.
I'd be up for some co-op. My Soldier is currently level 13 or so, but I wouldn't mind joining your game to help you gain some levels.
Old 10-23-09, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Well I decided to go ahead and buy this even though it wasn't even on my radar and input from a few that I trust I must say it has been a great deal of fun and change up from all the other games. If they went with a bit more realastic world say Gears, Halo or COD then this wouldn't have the same impact. At first I wasn't sure about a "cartoonish gel-cell" look but I've grown more fond of it. It reminds me of the movie "Heavy Metal".

Since being done by Y2K you can se bits of "Bioshock" play in the game. Like using vendening machinces to buy upgrades and the weapon upgrade system with elements like fire and static charge. It's the weapons that's just insane and yes there are countless combinations that just to much.. The co-op is really fun even though I've been in a three group only. Overall pleased but just hope don't burn thru this to fast....just a good ride and need to enjoy.
Old 10-24-09, 12:09 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This game just keeps on trucking. Just when I think I might start getting tired of it, it throws something at me that grabs my attention. You fall in love with a weapon or two, and every weapon after that you find is garbage, until you find that one weapon that is basically twice as powerful as the weapon you are using. It is like crack.

Level 25, and I am sure I have at least near 10 hours into it already. It seems I am just scratching that surface because the world is really starting to open up.
Old 10-24-09, 12:11 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing though, some missions say it will be hard, and I find them easy, and then some missions say easy, and I find it hard. This one boss was so easy I almost laughed, and then the next boss that was suppose to be 3 levels behind me kicked my ass 3 times.
Old 10-24-09, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm around level 12 and having a good time with this game. Nothing like having trouble with enemies during a section only to stumble upon a good weapon and then proceed to lay waste to everything in your path.

One problem, however, is that I'm incredibly stubborn with these types of games. I'll continue to fight enemies who are much stronger than me even though I usually get my ass handed to me in the hopes of gaining some big time XP if I do manage to take them out. I was the same way with Phantasy Star Online.
Old 10-24-09, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who on here is playing this on PS3? I'd like to get a co-op party going soon.
Old 10-24-09, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Who on here is playing this on PS3? I'd like to get a co-op party going soon.
I've got it and so does my brother. You are on my friends list so just let me know when you want to play. My brother's PSN name is TebowTime so send him a friend invite.
Old 10-24-09, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by freakjae
wasn't sure about this game but after readin your comments, i'll pick it up today...can't wait to try it out. is it best to build up my character prior to getting into coop?
I haven't played the game but since I listen to a bunch of game podcasts I have heard about a thousands times now.

Your level doesn't matter but you should be near the same level of people you play with. If you play with a guy that is good amount higher in level you will have situations where you are doing 0 or 1 damage and your friend is doing 50 damage per shot. There isn't any type of temp level boost like there is in some MMOs for weaker players.
Old 10-25-09, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

We (four of us) played quite a bit last night and into the morning hours. And yes the game just keeps getting better and takes another step forward. The open world style is on par with "Red Faction" along with some elements of the game play. If "Borderlands" had incorporated the same destructive Havoc engine then this is a "10' hands down. Same could be said of Red Faction if it had threw in "co-op" play.

I relish playing co-op games and this is by far one of if not the most entertaining and fun. Ghostbusters, COD:WaW, Halo:ODST, GOW2 and even L4D have their moments but this just seems to be slightly above those in terms of the countless combinations of weapons, skills, mods, character's abilities and the open world. May not be well known in terms of name recogniton but this is pretty close to sleeper of the year.
Old 10-25-09, 02:27 PM

Played it today for the first time and got to level 7 I think in about an hour and a half. I like it so far. My only minor gripe is I wish you could just walk over ammo and pick it up instead of having to aim directly at it. Other than that I had a blast and even had someone from here help out a bit. If you see me on, send me an invite.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.