Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Far Cry 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-12, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Re: Far Cry 2

Agreed - great game under the hood; some of the best A.I., graphics, control, environments, etc, but man, so much stuff that made it a chore; enemies that respawn FAR too quickly, guns that jam and stop working far too often, enemies that seem to have x-ray vision, the malaria, etc. If they would've toned that shit down, this would've been one of the best first-person-shooters of all time.
Old 09-14-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Question for anyone that finished it, about how long is a run through without all the side quests?
Old 02-15-16, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

playing the Franchise for the first time.

Y'all weren't kidding about the Bullshit this games gives you. I almost gave up on pure frustration, but continued on and had a good time playing. This game has a lot of good stuff, until the end where I was bored and ready to finish. I guess that's what happens when I play to get 100%, it took me 40 hours.

The explosion mechanics are fucking insane, nothing like using an RPG/launcher when you're outnumbered by a few jeeps! And seeing fire spread across grass and tree's burning
Graphics are great, including the sweet weather effects.
Assaults trucks are beast and help out a lot since the game is fucking huge.
Buddy help

taking 2 clips to kill an enemy... oh wait they get back up and fuck gun is jammed and there goes another clip.
spawning enemies out of nowhere
too much fucking walking after accidentally destroying your vehicle and there's none in sight for a while.
buddies injured quickly and fucking glitch that I killed most of them by over morphine them.

started 3 today and fuck it's pretty as hell.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 02-15-16 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-16-16, 07:49 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
playing the Franchise for the first time.

Y'all weren't kidding about the Bullshit this games gives you. I almost gave up on pure frustration, but continued on and had a good time playing. This game has a lot of good stuff, until the end where I was bored and ready to finish. I guess that's what happens when I play to get 100%, it took me 40 hours.

The explosion mechanics are fucking insane, nothing like using an RPG/launcher when you're outnumbered by a few jeeps! And seeing fire spread across grass and tree's burning
Graphics are great, including the sweet weather effects.
Assaults trucks are beast and help out a lot since the game is fucking huge.
Buddy help

taking 2 clips to kill an enemy... oh wait they get back up and fuck gun is jammed and there goes another clip.
too much fucking walking after accidentally destroying your vehicle and there's none in sight for a while.
buddies injured quickly and fucking glitch that I killed most of them by over morphine them.

started 3 today and fuck it's pretty as hell.

never finished 3, but it did have one really memorable part for me. The wildlife in the forest areas can be aggravating, but also hilarious at the same time. I was sneaking around and going to stealth kill a guy I saw. He turned around and saw me. However before he took his first shot a tiger jumped out of no where and killed the poor guy. It was brilliant
Old 02-16-16, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I loved the first game and thing the actual map with islands was the most enjoyable setting out of all the series. Loved the second game and whilst i got rather tired of the constant having to take medication, i really enjoyed the guns falling to pieces of exploding. The landscape was pretty spectacular, even though a little repetitive at times. I agree the explosion and fire were fantastic. Taking out a base using wildfires was always a lot of fun. I really liked the third game and it corrected a lot of the problems from the second game. The fourth game was also a lot of fun, but maybe little too similar to part three.

Still a great series of games and lots of fun for mindless action.
Old 02-16-16, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Far Cry 3 resolved all of those issues, except possibly the walking part. Even then, I walked most of the time, and fast traveled the rest of the time.

3 didn't have much in the way of awesome fire spreading like 2 did. Yeah, there was some, but due to the location, it didn't get near as widespread.

The wildlife was a lot of fun, especially when trying to clear out the garrisons.
Old 02-16-16, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

forgot to mention
I had a gun fight with 2 enemies and had an animal running around by us avoiding the shots... after a shit load of gun fire, HE DID NOT GET HIT! that was awesome
Old 02-16-16, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Remaster 2 on the PS4, take away or tone done the malaria and frequency of gun problems and I would rebut it and play all the way through.
Old 02-17-16, 09:30 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

reading through this again, and checking out the old Just Cause 2 thread again... I realized that I agree with slop a lot on games...
Old 02-18-16, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Whoa! And I hate everything!