Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-14, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by slop101
Hadn't thought of that - it's been so long since there were couch co-ops, that it hadn't occurred to me. Would need an extra controller though - have they fixed the issues with the rubber on the thumb-sticks wearing out yet?
Not really on the controller and almost everyone has gone the route of covers...including myself with GripIts from Amazon.

Are you saying you don't care for online coop or do or play alone? The game can be played alone, two, three or four though the more the merrier. For every additional player you get a 10% Bonus on Gold, chance at rewards but also more and harder enemies...in which case total chaos can erupt on screen which makes for an amazing light show and lots of laughs.
Old 08-27-14, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

It's online co-op I don't care for, and it's also difficult to corral people who like videogames to play with at the same time, so yeah, I'm mostly forced to play alone.
Old 08-28-14, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Unfortunately, we couldn't get together to play online yesterday. So I was levelling up my LV 21 WD when the Nemesis showed up and made a quick work out of me. Bastard!

I'm also playing Hardcore with a Crusader and so far I like it. I'm at LV22 and this class is solid.
Old 08-28-14, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea...I'm sorry we couldn't get together. It's kanjji's router annd like we said we played the first day togehter and no idea why now. She said she may try tonight but with work and all now she's getting in a little later and might wait till Saturday morning. I found a list of all the Diablo Ports as well as PSN Gme Server ones so it might help. I'm kind of torn since we've been at Diablo since day one with the 360 version and gone thru a lot to get all the characters up to 60. Might be on with my Crusader tonight and Friday but don't want to leave kanjji to far behind...and no point bringing in a higher level cahracter in your game.

Gator showed up right after you left...talk about perfect timing...and he couldn't join either but me yea.We've been trying to get four players for the longest on the 360 but couldn't.
Old 08-28-14, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Turn on/off her router and then do the same for PS4. See if that helps.
Old 08-28-14, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gooter
Turn on/off her router and then do the same for PS4. See if that helps.
She did a complete re-boot of the router & PS4...nothing. She doesn't have a problem with Warframe...now...but did once before where we couldn't join her but she could join us. I asked her what her NAT status was under System>Network>Status and she said it's showing NAT 3. We tried everything last night...invites thru game and thru dashboard...nothing. I really felt bad because we were planning to do the Crusader together, told her how many here were getting the PS4 version and we might actually get 3-4 in a group. The fact it worked fine day one is what baffles us now.

Update...I check the official Battle.net forums under the Console bug Report and there appears a lot out there have not been able to join "Any" games or have others join them. It's a pretty long topic and most have said bypassing the router has worked but they lost wifi or something else in the mix. others have gone in and made the normal changes in order to allow traffic but still cannot play. funny but you see the majority with Belkin Routers having the problem...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13910010915

Last edited by K&AJones; 08-28-14 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-30-14, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well for some reason we had no connect and join issue last night so both me and kanjji got our Crusaders up to 22. We'll be on this afternoon and not sure how fa everyone is ahead but we just completed the "Cave of Spiders" area before calling it quits.

...and if anyone hasn't yet send kanjji an invite, please do. The more you have on your friends list the more chances on sending and getting gifts. The other day after not playing 3 days I had (9) Gifts in my mailbox and after one day absence had (3) last night.
Old 08-30-14, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had my FF draft yesterday so I wasn't home and I'll be at my parents this long weekend. I'm hoping to be online on Monday so if you see me, send me an invitation. I saw Hooter invite but I was in the midst of getting my Monk to LV70 and didn't join.

I have the other characters that I need levelling up. I really like my Crusader in Hardcore mode.
Old 08-30-14, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Seriously, Best. Game. Ever.

I got a gift of some Legendary pants from Shea. What's funny is they have an offensive skill (literally) where when surrounded by enemies, they release a deadly stench. It's hilarious every single time, I'm never going to remove them.
Old 08-30-14, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I asked her what her NAT status was under System>Network>Status and she said it's showing NAT 3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13910010915
NAT 3 is the most restrictive one and will affect more than just this game. It has to do with the router and more specifically, having some necessary ports closed that the PS4 needs open. I believe there are six or so that will get the PS4 to a NAT 2 and allow her much more accessibility online as well as not limiting her chat capabilities.
Old 08-30-14, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Seriously, Best. Game. Ever.

I got a gift of some Legendary pants from Shea. What's funny is they have an offensive skill (literally) where when surrounded by enemies, they release a deadly stench. It's hilarious every single time, I'm never going to remove them.
Sort of reminds me of my pants after a tough week at work. Yes, this game is a lot of fun.
Old 08-30-14, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I just had the most fun since getting the game for the 360...me, kanjji, Lopo and Music72 (Chris) did 4-plyr from the "Cave of Spiders" to taking out the Butcher and it was a how....Chris started out just bringing in a Level 5 Crusader and got him to 19. I was at 22 starting out and got to 31. Three Crusaders & a WD and just wrecked everything (we're on hard). Even disposed of the Nemesis without much effort. That's the way this game is meant to be played hands down. Once we get characters up to 60 we can do some serious mix & matching....four WD, four Crusaders, 2 Crusaders & 2 Barbarians, whatever...
Old 08-30-14, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll be online on Monday from the afternoon on...so if you see me, please send me an invitation. That was fun playing with 4 players and the amount of XP is great. I think this is the way to go to level up all of the classes to 70. I want that trophy really bad. We should definitely increase the difficulty to expert or master next time Buzz.

I sent gifts to Gooter and somebody else (I can't remember who) so hopefully they were worthwhile.
Old 08-30-14, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've yet to get a spawn destined for someone else....but when I do, I'll make it rain!
Old 08-30-14, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 400 Likes on 300 Posts

I keep getting gifts for Chaos

Why am I not getting gifts for anyone else? Add me on Live (babycow93) or else I'll send my houseguest to your place with my in-laws right behind her.
Old 08-30-14, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I've yet to get a spawn destined for someone else....but when I do, I'll make it rain!
Meanwhile I have sent you like 2-3 legendary gifts! Time to start repaying some debts
Old 08-30-14, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have given and received gifts from at least six different people. It is always nice to have a worthwhile surprise in your mailbox.
Old 08-30-14, 10:56 PM

Are you picking things and actually sending to people? Today for the first time, I picked up an item that was actually designated as "Gift for The Questyen" from my friends list. I tried to send it to him from the mailbox, but couldn't find it in my inventory and figured it got sent on its own automatically.
Old 08-30-14, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL

I sent gifts to Gooter and somebody else (I can't remember who) so hopefully they were worthwhile.
I got a great weapon today from you. And a belt from someone else. Sent out 5 or 6 gifts today.

Originally Posted by Decker
Are you picking things and actually sending to people? Today for the first time, I picked up an item that was actually designated as "Gift for The Questyen" from my friends list. I tried to send it to him from the mailbox, but couldn't find it in my inventory and figured it got sent on its own automatically.
In your inventory go to the bag, gifts will show up in the Treasure section, press X on it to send it to that person.
Old 08-30-14, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

You have to go into your bag inventory -> treasure and send it from there. Not the mailbox.
Old 08-31-14, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have picked up items to be sent off for at least 6 different people. It's strange not to know what you are actually sending them, though.
Old 08-31-14, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
I got a great weapon today from you. And a belt from someone else. Sent out 5 or 6 gifts today.

In your inventory go to the bag, gifts will show up in the Treasure section, press X on it to send it to that person.
It seems that is very random the type of item (legendary or rare) and the level. So if you got some great items, you're lucky! I have now sent gifts to people but I have yet to receive one

Hopefully, there will be some gifts coming my way
Old 08-31-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LorenzoL

Hopefully, there will be some gifts coming my way
I received a gift in game for you yesterday. I've sent it along.
Old 08-31-14, 11:34 AM

The gifting system is really cool. A great addition to the game.
Also I just came across the Nemesis and it promptly kicked my ass. Thank you and You're welcome, whoever gets him next.

This morning I tried it via Remote Play (my daughter had a sleepover in my Man Cave ). It's certainly playable that way, but the tiny type makes it impossible to see what the items are, so it's not the preferable way to play the game.
Old 08-31-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 556 Likes on 407 Posts

I had like 7 sendable gifts pop up during my playthroughs yesterday. It is a really cool addition. I've also fought four Nemesis's and won 3 lost 1.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.