Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-08, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by kaze0
Had an exciting moment experience. Got 6 stars by tryring to cross one of the brridges early in the game. I got around the police barricade without dieing and immediately got 6 stars. Then I hugged the left side and noone was able to kill me. Got to the other side and avoided the swat team that was waiting.

Then I ran. The city was empty, it was creepy. I hit out for a whilee and got the 5 minutes at 6 stars achievement. Then I started walking arorund and found 2 helicopters that crashed at the bottom of the street. Then one exploded and I ran for like 4 blocks and finally found a few cars stole one and died trying to escape the cops.
I found this out taking a chopper over there (yes I used the cheat ). No one but cops, but if you go to the top of the Empire State Building and manage to jump out on to the building, there are some people on the observation deck. I was above them and couldn't see them, but when I took out the police choppers with an RPG, I could hear the screaming.
Old 05-02-08, 10:25 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by House
Are these maps in the game guide? It seems to be a pain to go back to the cafe and enter that address over and over. Is there a way to save favorites on the web browser maybe?
I have no idea about the game guide. Maybe. You can find screencaps of the maps here as well as higher quality maps from Games Radar: http://www.msxbox-world.com/forums/i...howtopic=10544

IGN has an incomplete, but cool Google map hybrid as well: http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

Last edited by Flay; 05-02-08 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-02-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone else watched much TV in this game? I watched the entire "I'm Rich" show last night and thought it was hysterical. "Republican Space Rangers" wasn't all that funny though.
Old 05-02-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"I'm Rich" is hilarious! There's a quote right after "... daddy bought her two diamond miners ..." that is priceless ........

There's a full clip up on youtube I believe.
Old 05-02-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 925 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally Posted by visitor Q
I went for 3 lap dances and was offered a business card, followed by a question about a private dance. It was early in the game and I was just about out of $$ so I didn't do the private. Bitch never gave me her card either ..

But searching around the establishment will offer up another reward that Mike was concerned about.
I was running low on cash so I doubt I would have gotten 3. I couldn't even afford the toll booth on the way back. I'll have to head back. When all the bouncers rushed me I didn't stick around, I just bolted.
Old 05-02-08, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
Old 05-02-08, 11:12 AM

I took Michelle on a date to the strip club. I ended up going up on stage and was rushed by bouncers. I made it to the front door, but another bouncer came in, so I was trapped. I pulled out my Uzi and started spraying the place. Michelle ditched me, and I ended up being arrested. It was days before Michelle would go on another date with me. She kept saying that she was disturbed by what I did. lol
Old 05-02-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
I just beat up all the bouncers after I went on stage. The place cleared out, and that's when I found the gun. What was weird is that when I went back there, and I got a lapdance, suddenly there was a ruckus at the end of it, and the bouncers came in. Was it because I had a gun on me? I mean, I wasn't brandishing it or anything.
Old 05-02-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by visitor Q
"I'm Rich" is hilarious! There's a quote right after "... daddy bought her two diamond miners ..." that is priceless ........

There's a full clip up on youtube I believe.
That was my favorite line in the show!
Old 05-02-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What console is everyone playing on?
Old 05-02-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
Question: what do you do with the hookers? They get in my car... then what?
That's sig material right there.
Old 05-02-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,148 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
What console is everyone playing on?
Check this thread for the answer to that question: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=530443
Old 05-02-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by edstein
That's sig material right there.
Exactly what I was thinking after I stopped laughing.
Old 05-02-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
Here's a neat little thing to do in single player:

You know your first safe house? When you are outside of it, start a fight or two, get the cops attention. When cops show up, kill one or two, or enough to get 2, maybe 3 stars. At this point, retreat up the stairs and turn around, aiming down it. Whenever cops come in tear their shit up. Cop after cop. and when you are low on health, retreat into your room quickly and save at your bed. When you wake up, all your stars are gone and you have a shit ton of weaponry to take from the fallen police.

"My God! He's just killed twenty of our best officers! I want this guy. I want this guy bad. Oh, oh, wait. He's going into his room. Wait, he's asleep. Well, we can wait 'till he wakes up."

[6 hours later]

"What was I doing?"
Old 05-02-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mordred
Has anyone else watched much TV in this game? I watched the entire "I'm Rich" show last night and thought it was hysterical. "Republican Space Rangers" wasn't all that funny though.
I was telling my co-workers today that I couldn't believe I spent an hour last night watching niko watch tv. I was actually just waiting for "that one standup routine from that famous british guy" (don't want to catch spoiler flak from anyone) to come on, and actually thought the other comedian I saw, Cat Williams or something, was funnier.

Has anyone tried to call or order any weapons from the home shopping channel? I just thought about doing that today at work.
Old 05-02-08, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I found this out taking a chopper over there (yes I used the cheat ). No one but cops, but if you go to the top of the Empire State Building and manage to jump out on to the building, there are some people on the observation deck. I was above them and couldn't see them, but when I took out the police choppers with an RPG, I could hear the screaming.
As tempted as I am to use the cheat, I'm surprised with how much restraint I've had. I'm 9% into the game, about 7 hours, and haven't even found or picked up a weapon yet, except a brick.
Old 05-02-08, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I haven't seen any birds yet either. I did take a trip to the airport for fun, and found the attack chopper. I promptly racked up a 6 star wanted level after I headed for downtown.

Which airport? I have been there 3 times and all I see are empty heli-pads. I promptly get a 4-star level, but no heli.
Old 05-02-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm so tempted to pick this up but my XBox flakes out from time to time on some games and just locks up(and MS won't fix it for free as it's not doing the RROD yet). I'd hate to plop down 60 bucks only to find it freezes. Tried to rent it but of course not a copy in stock.
Old 05-02-08, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rabbit77
As tempted as I am to use the cheat, I'm surprised with how much restraint I've had.
Yeah, I took a quick peak at the list slop posted, but I won't run any until after I'm 100%.

I'm 9% into the game, about 7 hours, and haven't even found or picked up a weapon yet, except a brick.
Really? I'm 10% and I already own (at least) a microSmg and a combat shotgun. You'll at least pick up a pistol (if you can't find one) in the Vlad and early on in the Jacob missions.

Hint on the pistol
Spoiler:
- near the first safehouse (only one that I currently know of) on the same block as the clothing store, search around for an inlet with a stair case. And that's all I'll say ....
Old 05-02-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by rabbit77
As tempted as I am to use the cheat, I'm surprised with how much restraint I've had. I'm 9% into the game, about 7 hours, and haven't even found or picked up a weapon yet, except a brick.
I felt like a real moron after that mission. I must've been in front of that jewellery store for at least 15 minutes throwing that brick at the door. I was wondering why the damn door windows wouldn't break, and then finally figured out I was supposed to throw it through the window.

I'm %12.56 so far after around 5 hours of playing. How's everyone else doing? If you've done some of the later missions, how hard does it get?

I've noticed one flaw though...

Spoiler:
I kill Roman as requested, but after that he calls me up and I start doing more jobs for him. Or at least I think it was him I killed.

Last edited by nateman; 05-02-08 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-02-08, 06:31 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Well I figured out what to do with the hookers wiseguys, you can change your sig!

Loving this game--Get it for your 360, they've really streamlined their turnaround time for repairing consoles (probably fixed most of them by now). I was offline only 10 days door to door round trip.
Old 05-02-08, 07:09 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman
Spoiler:
I kill Roman as requested, but after that he calls me up and I start doing more jobs for him. Or at least I think it was him I killed.
I don't think you wanna kill him.
Old 05-02-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
Loving this game--Get it for your 360, they've really streamlined their turnaround time for repairing consoles (probably fixed most of them by now). I was offline only 10 days door to door round trip.
There's probably fewer returns coming in as well. A friend of mine just got his back inside a week.
Old 05-02-08, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman
I felt like a real moron after that mission. I must've been in front of that jewellery store for at least 15 minutes throwing that brick at the door. I was wondering why the damn door windows wouldn't break, and then finally figured out I was supposed to throw it through the window.
A brick?!? I walked up and down that block a few times, not finding anything but some trash cans, which I couldn't figure out how to pick up. Eventually I just said "screw it," hopped in my car and drove into the window. That worked.
Old 05-02-08, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by GoVegan
A brick?!? I walked up and down that block a few times, not finding anything but some trash cans, which I couldn't figure out how to pick up. Eventually I just said "screw it," hopped in my car and drove into the window. That worked.
Awesome.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.