Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW, on the official boards, a Harmonix employee mentioned that the DLC announcement will be taking place on Monday instead of today.
Old 03-07-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lovely. This after announcing they would always be on Fridays just a couple of weeks ago.
Old 03-07-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by abrg923
Lovely. This after announcing they would always be on Fridays just a couple of weeks ago.
He repeated that future updates would come Fridays at 2 PM EST, but this week something came up. "Circumstances beyond (his) control."
Old 03-07-08, 02:22 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
I think this is what happens when you have video game developers (I think that's what the HMX folks on the forums are, aren't they? I mean, they aren't specifically PR employees...?) trying to take on the role of PR personnel - a clusterfuck.
Old 03-08-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Over at earache.com (The label behind all three of the "Thrash Pack" bands) have a banner ad up that states "EVILE- ROCK BAND is MARCH 18th as Download". Obviously, if it's not posted on RB.com by one of the HMX guys, it's still a rumor. But this is further confirmation that the songs are coming, possibly within the next two weeks!

I'm guessing the upcoming week is going to be something big (probably getting my hopes up), and possibly the first full album DL.
Old 03-08-08, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I'm guessing the upcoming week is going to be something big (probably getting my hopes up), and possibly the first full album DL.
My guess is that we'll know about a full album download more than 12 or so hours in advance. That's the sort of thing you give people time to prepare for and look forward to, imo. But I'm not in marketing.
Old 03-08-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
My guess is that we'll know about a full album download more than 12 or so hours in advance. That's the sort of thing you give people time to prepare for and look forward to, imo. But I'm not in marketing.
Like I said, it's just a guess, and I'm more than likely wrong. I don't know what would cause the delay if the DLC is "ready to go", unless they need to work out some other problems (patch for full album or something) and they're not sure if they can fix it in time, so they might have to fall back on some "Plan B" DLC that's also done.

One thing is for certain, they know how to keep people interested in their game. Fridays (or Mondays) roll around and their site is as slow as the bi-annual DD(D) sale! I hear people at work talking about Rock Band just about every day. They're talking about that week's DLC on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. They're starting to get excited for the announcment on Thursday and Friday. Hear the announcement, and if it's good stuff, have even more pent-up excitement for Tuesday to roll around so we can play 'em.

I'm sure this is the way it works in a lot of the more hardcore circles, and it keeps Harmonix and Rock Band in the front of our minds for most of the week. Obsessive? Perhaps. But it's because they've done such a bang-up job so far.
Old 03-08-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts
I bet it's the Portal song. You don't need any advance notice on that because people are going to eat it up anyway.
Old 03-08-08, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I bet it's the Portal song. You don't need any advance notice on that because people are going to eat it up anyway.
That is a possibility. It's been done since late Feb. They could throw on two other songs off that "leaked" DLC list, like Muse - Hysteria, or Smashing Pumpkins - Zero, and people would be happier than pigs in shit.
Old 03-08-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
That is a possibility. It's been done since late Feb. They could throw on two other songs off that "leaked" DLC list, like Muse - Hysteria, or Smashing Pumpkins - Zero, and people would be happier than pigs in shit.
Talk about a great week if those 3 songs were the ones that are announced on Monday... One of the better weeks in RB DLC history..
Old 03-08-08, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Never heard Muse, so I checked it out on youtube. If those were the 3 announced, I know I'd have Still Alive and Zero
Old 03-09-08, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts
I picked this up Friday and am loving it. I suck still but I'd love to get online if anyone is up for it.

Im hoping they'll release a Foo Fighters pack and as much as some people might think he's not a rocker (even though he's in the R&R HOF), I've always dug Prince's music and would love to see some d/l content.
Old 03-09-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would be SEVERELY disappointed if they released Prince....
Old 03-09-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by REL77
I would be SEVERELY disappointed if they released Prince....
Why would you be disappointed if they added some Prince cuts?
Old 03-09-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Why would you be disappointed if they added some Prince cuts?

I thought it was obvious, I think Prince Sucks, is way over rated, and has no real talent.
Old 03-09-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it was obvious, I think Prince Sucks, is way over rated, and has no real talent.
Yeah, well, I'm sure Prince feels the same way about you.
Old 03-09-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Does the RB Guitar work for the GH on the 360. I know the GH guitars work on RB, just wondering if its vice versa.
Old 03-09-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fair enough, but why would you care if an enormously popular artist was added for all his actual fans?

I don't care for the thrash metal stuff but i think it is awesome they are doing some stuff like that for the fans. I was ecstatic for the recent Dead release but i know many aren't into them.

I guess i was puzzled why someone would be "severely" disappointed by something they would have no intention of buying and therefore not ever have to experience.
Old 03-09-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ElementZ
Does the RB Guitar work for the GH on the 360. I know the GH guitars work on RB, just wondering if its vice versa.
Someone else can chime in here who is 100% sure but I'm reasonably certain they do not. I believe Activision is involved in keeping some patch out that would allow them to work in that fashion iirc.
Old 03-09-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah the RB guitar will NOT work on GH.
Old 03-09-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
I wouldn't be a big fan of a Prince pack, but I also wasn't a fan of the Dead pack, nor the upcoming thrash pack...as well as the B-52's, etc...BUT...if ya don't like 'em, don't buy them. I'm an 80's rock guy, which is very under-represented on Rock Band (IMO). I do pick up some stuff that I don't like because it's still some new stuff to play, AND it's even fun to play once in a while. I absolutely HATE the Dead & 52's, but I (surprisingly) thought that Roam, Casey Jones, and Truckin were some pretty fun songs to play.

I get into this arguement with a guy at work all the time. He refuses to DL any song that he doesn't like (Rush/Dead/52's/Skynyrd/etc). I tell him he's missing out on some fun stuff, but he won't budge. I look back at GH2, GH3, and the original RB lineup and there are a ton of songs that I never heard of, or didn't like to hear on the radio that are still a blast to play, and that's what the game is all about...playing, and the more new songs you can add to your lineup, the more fun the game is. Take advantage of what is offered to you, if you only want to hear your favorites, grab your iPod.

Last edited by dvdsteve2000; 03-09-08 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-09-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Every time I hear it on the radio, I think, "Damn, Rock Band needs 'Been Caught Stealin'' by Jane's Addiction."
Old 03-09-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

RB Needs some more Classic Rock. I just picked up the GH3 Classic Rock pack, and it's badass.
Old 03-09-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lordwow
RB Needs some more Classic Rock. I just picked up the GH3 Classic Rock pack, and it's badass.
Yeah, I have really been hoping that their ability to get the "Foreplay/Long Time" master meant we'd see more Boston, as "Piece of Mind" is really a blast on GH3.

I'd love to see Journey, too, but as fine as I am with covers in these games, I have little faith in anyone to pull of a quality Steve Perry if those multi-track masters aren't available. And just from the fact that the "Anyway You Want it" master sounds somewhat off in GH3, I'm guessing they may not be.
Old 03-09-08, 03:47 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
And how many instruments can you play? How many songs have you written?

It's fine to not like an artist, but to say someone like Prince has "no talent," when he's an accomplished multi-instrumentalist and prolific songwriter, is just silly.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.