Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 05-19-16, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Ive been waiting to get a new graphics card for my wife's computer so we can play again. she only quested through about half of pandaria before stopping
Old 05-19-16, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
Ive been waiting to get a new graphics card for my wife's computer so we can play again. she only quested through about half of pandaria before stopping
Nice, well that means you guys will automatically have Warlords of Draenor ... and maybe even the 100 level boost (not sure on that one!)
Old 06-21-16, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am still playing although I am on my third guild this expansion after my last two died from lack of players for Mythic raiding.

This current guild is full of pretty nice people although I just am not feeling all the changes in Legion.

I think this will be the first expansion I ever skipped.

I do hope we manage to get our last two mythic kills before the prepatch happens.

I just hope no one tests my resolve among my friends and buys the expansion for me.
Old 06-21-16, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is it about the changes for Legion that you don't like? From beta accounts I've read, most people like how it's feeling
Old 07-03-16, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
What is it about the changes for Legion that you don't like? From beta accounts I've read, most people like how it's feeling
Dislike the new hunter changes. The class feels like a shell of its' former self.

Making my old favorite spec Survival into a melee spec sucks since it gives me one less option to play on my main.

Do not like them having BIS Legendaries dropping from random mobs in the world.

Dislike the lack of flying yet again.

Do not like the artifacts since if you want to use an alt spec you need to level it up or the spec is unplayable in a raid.

Did not like the fact they are still using garrison tech and sending followers out to get quests we need. They could delete the whole class hall idea in my opinion.
Old 08-25-16, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

started playing again. Right now is a good time if you're planning on getting back into WoW for the next expansion.
the pre-Legion expansion events give out a ton of XP and gear at all levels with little effort. I was getting about 3 levels per hour last night on characters from level 40 to level 95.
Old 08-25-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I leveled up 2 chars from scratch this past week on a new server doing those invasion events ... and it completely burned me out on the game, so I ended up cancelling my preorder of Legion. This will be the first time I'm not there for an expansion release! It feels weird ...
Old 08-26-16, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm kind of tired of the legion events now that i got 2 characters to 100. its easier at 100 when you just want the gear since you can just hide in the inn, lol.
I used my boost to 100 to raise a level 1 worgen warlock. I've never had a top level lock before so it should be fun. my wife and I usually played priest and warrior as our mains but we'll probably start Legion as hunter and warlock.
i like the tutorial they put you through when you boost to 100.
Old 08-27-16, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

I haven't played since Panderia. I came back with a digital coin or whatever and I played for five minutes before I gave up. Everything had changed.
Old 08-27-16, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I haven't played since Panderia. I came back with a digital coin or whatever and I played for five minutes before I gave up. Everything had changed.

True.

The classes are much different than even at the start of WoD.

I ended up having to help my brother out a ton when his car was in the shop by driving him around to work so he bought me Legion so I guess I am playing next expansion after all.

I am glad my new guild killed Mythic Archie although we ended up doing it the week that prepatch happened and I even got the mount which was cool.

Sad thing is some of the changes we made would have made it a kill before the patch had we thought of doing them.
Old 08-29-16, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I should have 5 level 100s by the end of today. One is a demonhunter so that was kind of easy.
I enjoyed the Demonhunter starter quest line. double jump and glide are fun.
Old 09-05-16, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Boy they sure made WoW even more grindy than before.

I got my Hunter to 110 and figured finally I can slow down on questing and start gearing.

Wrong.

It seems a new zone is opened up for questing and even more quests pop up- world quests.

Plus your class quests.

I am already burned out of the game and wonder if I should just tell my guild I am out for raiding and stop playing or hope the grind gets better at some point.

So many quests. Feels like it will never end.

Plus if you want flight you need to complete the whole new 110 zone for flight. Sigh.
Old 09-06-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm liking Legion but i'm only 102 on my demon hunter and 101 on my hunter. Demon hunter (tank spec) is nice for questing since i feel i can survive almost anything. I can also make up lots of big cliffs by using the jump attack. The glide is great for jumping off the cliffs into new quest areas.
Old 10-13-17, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are people still playing WoW.

I have stopped raiding so I was close to unsubbing recently then at the last moment I decided to buy another 60 days.

I am still sort of playing although my time spent in the game is way down.
Old 10-13-17, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I burnt out a couple months ago, after going through the class mount quests 6 times, and unsubscribed. Have been thinking about starting up again, but I've been reading that the new zone Argus is a pretty horrible questing area, and after all that work getting those mounts, to not be able to fly there is a major bummer.
Old 10-15-17, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah the Argus zone is pretty bad at times. Sure wish it had flight.

I might suggest to wait until the next major patch rather than coming back for Argus since I do not think Argus adds much to the game at all other than a few World Quests in the end.
Old 10-15-17, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gcribbs
Yeah the Argus zone is pretty bad at times. Sure wish it had flight.

I might suggest to wait until the next major patch rather than coming back for Argus since I do not think Argus adds much to the game at all other than a few World Quests in the end.
I think this was the last major patch though. The next patch is a .5 patch, that just adds the Argus raid, and then they're done until the next expansion.
Old 10-16-17, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I havent played in a year now. I might go back if the subscription fell to $5 a month just to finish all the quests.
Is the next expansion expected to be announced at BlizzCon?
Old 08-02-18, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I stopped playing for almost 6 months then decided to come back and try out the pre expansion content.

Not much new content. A few world quests after you do a quest line.

I picked up the new expansion for $39.99 so I will likely play very casually for a few months then take a break again.

Most of my gaming in Wow was Mythic raiding so I doubt the game can hold my attention for long since I will not be able to raid much.

Any one else going to come back for a bit in the new expansion.

The good news for me was that Blizzard killed world PvP on the PvP servers unless you opt in for it. It will at least make leveling a bit easier.
Old 08-02-18, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

I've looked into this game on & off several times...but being on the PS4 I already have more than enough to do. Plus no way I can do this when I'm already doing Elder Scrolls Online which I'm in for $14 a month along with Warframe, The Division, Ghost Recon, Fortnite (PvE) while trying to mix in Fallout 4 & Skyrim V.

Shame since as old as the game is still has a ample following. And with the new policy of basically allowing excess of all the older stuff free up to the new, even more enticing. I almost took up that Free Offer...I think you can get up to a certain level and it stops. But I'm also big with Diablo and many of us are holding out hope that some announcement on Diablo will come at Blizzcon
Old 08-19-19, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but World of Warcraft Classic is coming out, I think, next Monday! It's just the old 1-60 level content that some of us loved back in the day. I haven't been playing WoW for an expansion and a half, but I think I'm going to check out classic to see if it can scratch that old MMO itch I have.
Old 08-20-19, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but World of Warcraft Classic is coming out, I think, next Monday! It's just the old 1-60 level content that some of us loved back in the day. I haven't been playing WoW for an expansion and a half, but I think I'm going to check out classic to see if it can scratch that old MMO itch I have.
People forget that raiding really wasn't much if almost any of the allure of the original WOW. For those that view WOW through a strict raiding and gear prism, they will not enjoy WOW classic, But for those who miss the large seamless world, deeper RPG elements, exploration and longer term character development WOW Classic s a blast to play.

Personally I would love for them to eventually have retro servers through Wrath of the Lich King, because in many ways that was the highest point of WOW and stay very much in the classic world.
Old 08-26-19, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I resubbed for classic which ended up so far meaning I am in a queue. Hopefully once I get in it will be fun enough. I would rather play a BC and WOTLK version of Wow since that is when I really enjoyed the game the most.
Old 08-27-19, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got in right as the servers went live yesterday, and it was a mad house. Took me 20 minutes to do the very first quest, which was just kill 8 wolves or something. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too many people around.

It's a lot better now, and I didn't even get a queue this morning. Short one now, though (15 mins)
Old 08-28-19, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts

I loved Vanilla WoW, but I'll be damned if I'd go back to the slow and forever and a day to get mounts, and crap gear and impossible to get together raids. That being said I haven't played since Mists, so.....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.