Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Who here watches Roswell?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-01, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love this show. I have been trying to find a website that lists tv ratings each week for every show. I want to see how Roswell is doing compared to other WB shows. I am a little worried it might not get renewed.
Old 03-10-01, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I'm watching Roswell. And it's one of my favourite shows although I would not try to convince anyone to watch it. I got hooked by the music and some of the characters from the first episode I watched and... I keep watching.

I don't know about a ratings site. Entertainment weekly publishes ratings in every issue, but Roswell almost never reaches the top list that they have. I think it has a constant group of followers, but not too big probably.
Old 03-11-01, 12:16 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I too watch it every week. Ever since the first episode aired, I got hooked. I remember about this time last year people were preparing petitions to have it renewed for a 2nd season. I think some even went to such lengths as to send bottles of tobasco sauce to the WB HQ (people who watch the show will understand). Anyway, I am not sure about ratings, but it has generated somewhat of a cult following so far. Let's hope for the best...
Old 03-11-01, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great show....this season has been somewhat weak compared to last season....the Hybrid Chronicles definitely pumped it up alot!!! Some good young actors in this show who we will be seeing alot of in future movies!!!
Old 03-11-01, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is one of my top 3 fav shows next to Angel and Norm. Most people I talk to never heard of it so I keep getting worried that it might not be around much longer.
Old 03-11-01, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jeraden
This is one of my top 3 fav shows next to Angel and Norm. Most people I talk to never heard of it so I keep getting worried that it might not be around much longer.

I am concerned also.....what I am looking forward to is the cast in this show acting in future movies which I believe will happen as they are a highly talented group who are just getting their feet wet!!!
Old 03-11-01, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the show too.

It's been pulled off for the month of March and I fear that is a sign of its impending demise. It's never had good ratings.
Old 03-11-01, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was reading the roswell usenet posting and looks like its on a temporary hiatus. Go here and vote to get it back on the air:

http://calendar.thewb.com/

In the lower left is the voting form. The current results for some reason are just timing out so not sure what the current standings are, but someone said at one point Roswell was in the lead with 85%.

Edit: finally came up... roswell is winning with 92.82% currently. Keep the votes coming!
Old 03-11-01, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jeraden
I was reading the roswell usenet posting and looks like its on a temporary hiatus. Go here and vote to get it back on the air:

http://calendar.thewb.com/

In the lower left is the voting form. The current results for some reason are just timing out so not sure what the current standings are, but someone said at one point Roswell was in the lead with 85%.

Edit: finally came up... roswell is winning with 92.82% currently. Keep the votes coming!

Done deal....the talent in this series alone should be enough to win this poll!!!
Old 03-11-01, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also voted for Roswell, but I doubt they put too much weight on that poll. Right now the results show 0% for each show and when you vote it gives an error... I'll try tomorrow again though.
Old 03-12-01, 04:11 AM
Cool New Member

roswell is a solid show and i've watched it ever since inception. one issue is storyline cohesion. the plots seem to hop from one to the other nowadays. and what's up with the granolith? and how do max and liz ever get together after that whole "future max" thing? but, like most shows, if the two main characters get together they series will probably die. isabelle is too flighty and michael tiresome. kyle and tess provide nice comic relief though.

[Edited by clkndgr on 03-13-01 at 12:48 AM]
Old 03-12-01, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is this the show with Katherine Hegl? MMM..MMM!
Old 03-12-01, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman

Yes it is.....
Old 03-12-01, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Now where is that copy of Maxim with her? Under the mattress?
Old 03-14-01, 10:18 PM

I've watched it since it first came out. It went down a little, but the Hybrid chronicles really helped things out a lot. I hope it doesn't get cancelled, but I wouldn't put money on it.
Old 03-15-01, 08:28 PM

I watched it pretty regularly the first season but it went downhill from there.
Old 03-15-01, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Roswell is a sweet show. I too have been watching it since last year. I hope it stays on. If the WB can keep dawsons crack on the air and felicity it should make room for roswell. Sheri Appleby(sp?) is hot....!!!