Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So is HBK gonna be at Wrestlemania or Not ?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

So is HBK gonna be at Wrestlemania or Not ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-01, 10:32 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I guess not

if not when will be be back ?
Old 03-11-01, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last I heard he said he wanted to wrestle one more match. Havn't heard anything about him since?
Old 03-12-01, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He will play a part in wresltemania, but he will not be wrestling. they feel that the main event needs nothing more to lure fans in, so they will have HBK be part of it (if that) and his wrestling should kick in right after.
Old 03-12-01, 12:14 AM

He just signed a new WWF contract. He will wrestle, but not nearly as frequently as we would want. He will probably do like every other PPV or so.

JoeC...and appear non-wrestling on Raw and Smackdown!
Old 03-12-01, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It must be sweet to have a job that pays 15k a week to sit on your thumbs for coming up on three years now. It's ironic that he used to call himself "the icon that can still go" as a slam against Hogan, Savage, Piper, Flair, and other older wrestlers in WCW, meanwhile those guys performed into their late 40's and early 50's, yet HBK is retired in his early 30's.
Old 03-12-01, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Zoomer
It must be sweet to have a job that pays 15k a week to sit on your thumbs for coming up on three years now. It's ironic that he used to call himself "the icon that can still go" as a slam against Hogan, Savage, Piper, Flair, and other older wrestlers in WCW, meanwhile those guys performed into their late 40's and early 50's, yet HBK is retired in his early 30's.
Shawn gave his all in every match he ever wrestled. I can't say the same for most in your list (save maybe for Piper).

JoeC...he deserves to be supported by WWF...
Old 03-12-01, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by JoeC
Originally posted by Zoomer
Shawn gave his all in every match he ever wrestled. I can't say the same for most in your list (save maybe for Piper).

JoeC...he deserves to be supported by WWF...
Maybe Hogan was a lackluster performer at best, but Savage? Flair? These are two of the top workers of the past 20 years. In the late 80's Flair worked a program with Barry Windham that had the two of them going to a ninety minute draw virtually every night for months. Flair routinely carried stiffs like Nikita Koloff, Kerry Von Erich, Lex Luger, Ronnie Garvin, etc. to excellent matches, making them look like supermen at his own expense. When asked to lay down for someone, he did it without protest because that's what was best for the company. When Michaels had to do the job, he whined, complained, and outright refused to put someone else over, Shane Douglas and Psycho Sid come immediately to mind. He was a prima donna who had a couple of great years, Flair has had a couple of great decades.
Old 03-12-01, 05:54 PM

Remember that Michaels is One of the reasons the WWF is the big company it is today. in the early to mid 90s he helped build it into the superpower it is so Vince owes Shawn and he knows it !

I agree that Flair has more than paid his dues and deserves to have an easy ride now. It's still important to have him around
Old 03-13-01, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I believe Shawn is going to have a full-time TV role - much like Austin's current role of promos, run-ins and stunners. I'd expect HBK to do more than the occasional PPV. If you think about it, guys like HHH, Austin, and the UT don't work that much anyway.
Old 03-14-01, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

ok HBK stands for? I love my wrestling, but I only got into it in september and...well...I can't for the life of me figure out who HBK is. I feel dumb asking, but I can't figure it out.
Old 03-14-01, 12:18 AM

Heart
Break
Kid
Old 03-14-01, 12:31 AM

you have to admit, Shawn Michaels is one good looking charismatic man !

if i were a woman, i'd let him do me
Old 03-14-01, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That he is.

He's the showstopper, the main event, the icon!
Old 03-15-01, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Desmondp
Remember that Michaels is One of the reasons the WWF is the big company it is today. in the early to mid 90s he helped build it into the superpower it is so Vince owes Shawn and he knows it !

I agree that Flair has more than paid his dues and deserves to have an easy ride now. It's still important to have him around

Does Vince owe Shawn anything? Perhaps, although looking at Vince's record of screwing people over I doubt he cares.
Old 03-15-01, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by DarthMaul420
Originally posted by Desmondp

Does Vince owe Shawn anything? Perhaps, although looking at Vince's record of screwing people over I doubt he cares.
true but HBK is like vince, at times an arrogant wanker ! so im sure they get on !