The Amazing Race Season 36 (CBS) Premieres 3-13-24

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-24, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race Season 36 (CBS) Premieres 3-13-24

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Did anyone understand that flag task?
I was confused by that. Did they have to find the one string of flags that had the colors in a different sequence from the other strings or did the patterns matter too? It's no wonder a few teams switched to the other task.

Last edited by Joe Schmoe; 03-23-24 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-23-24, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

It was only the color sequence that mattered, thus the name of the challenge “Color Correction.”
Old 03-24-24, 07:50 AM

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I dont know why so many teams found it difficult to do that string of flags challenge! you literally just had to hole the string up by both ends and walk under each string and match them, if they matched move to the next row until you find one that doesn't. should have taken them 15 mins max since there were at least 12 possible strings to find.

love the space cadet beach twins who sound like every Generation Z kid who I work with...."I'm not in the right mental state to deal with all those colors!"

even better was the black husband and wife team putting the skull makeup on her husband and calling out his 'sweaty ass face'
The following users liked this post:
Damfino (03-28-24)
Old 03-28-24, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

I hated to see the space cadet blonde twinnies go. They provided a lot of laughs.

That Bandeja Paisa looked so good I went online and found a Columbian restaurant nearby. Their menu even listed the Bendeja Paisa first. They don’t know it yet, but a new customer is coming!
Old 03-28-24, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 351 Likes on 270 Posts

Those KK cousins are a hilarious hot mess again. Love it.

Retired cops coming in 3rd again. Go team go!

Yea that food looked delicious. I bet the pork was raw for some of those dishes haha I know they didn’t try eating it.

I always feel bad about the other Detour task when nobody goes to it (only seen that once in all previous seasons). So I only felt a little bad when nobody finished the jeep task.
Old 03-28-24, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts

I am guessing production was surprised/crushed when the Twins went out this early. Their was little actual navigation for them to stumble through in the episode so a betting person would have assumed they outlast at least 1 of the other bottom tier teams this episode.
Old 03-29-24, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

switching tasks 4 times, has to be some sort of record.
Old 04-01-24, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

A lot of weak teams this season. The twins had no sense of urgency.
The following 2 users liked this post by cdollaz:
bluesix (04-01-24), Red Dog (04-02-24)
Old 04-02-24, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m always puzzled by teams like them. The word “Race” is right in the show’s name. Of course there’s also the other extreme, like the girl last season who nearly killed her father flogging him through legs like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.
Old 04-02-24, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Or how Sean is afraid of heights and unwilling to walk (or even crawl) down a hill. Has he never seen the show before?

Old 04-03-24, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

I don't mind that there are "weak" teams. If anything, that's more entertaining to watch. Sad to see airhead surfer twins go ... they had a lot more funny stuff to deliver.

This season does feel rough going back a couple of years to the COVID era. I fear the 90 minute episodes are going to be more of a slog as the number of teams gets lower and lower.

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I always feel bad about the other Detour task when nobody goes to it (only seen that once in all previous seasons). So I only felt a little bad when nobody finished the jeep task.
I don't understand why the show is erratic about having limited spots for each detour. Not only does that give more of a reward for being higher in the standings, but it's more entertaining for the viewers when everyone isn't doing the same task.

That said, that's 2 weeks in a row where a task just seemed to have a bad design and confusing instructions for players. And couldn't production have predicted that no one would want to do a physical task after all of those stairs?
Old 04-12-24, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oof, my team (retired cop) just barely made it.

Contestants can bring compasses, correct? If so, a compass would have been perfect for this map essential episode (April 10 episode).

A pet peeve of mine is when someone rotates a map. For me to read a map, I need it stay in the correct orientation.
Old 04-17-24, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

I hope none of the three teams that all worked together on this leg win, especially the goofy-ass kid and his mom. I get my fill of alliance bullshit on Survivor.
Spiderbite (04-19-24)
Old 04-18-24, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What was Danny thinking having his poor heat exhausted mom perform both roadblocks in a MEGA leg?

Shelisa's reaction after Derek completed the map your course roadblock. Looked like it had less to do with memorizing the course and more with just putting a puzzle together.
I was bummed to see my favorite team exit last night. Apparently they were far behind and were told to go straight to the pitstop thus not being able to perform the last detour.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/20...xit-interview/

Old 04-18-24, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by skatefan20
What was Danny thinking having his poor heat exhausted mom perform both roadblocks in a MEGA leg?
He said it to the cameraman before the start of the bubble soccer roadblock: His mom would do as many roadblocks early then he can do the remaining ones. He is using the “equal opportunity” rule to their advantage.
Old 04-19-24, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, those bubble soccer dudes really gave it to mom, lol.
Old 04-21-24, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I have no issues with teams working together at this point in the race. Sometimes it makes strategic sense. Given the dynamics of the race, athletic, bilingual military pilots are about as "overdog" as you can get. Am I supposed to root for them? And the gay couple (male) are annoying.

I enjoyed Derek and Shelisa's interpersonal interactions so I'll miss them.

There were so many bad teams this year that it's been more a race to see who is the worst one week to week.
bluesix (04-21-24)
Old 04-21-24, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I hope none of the three teams that all worked together on this leg win, especially the goofy-ass kid and his mom. I get my fill of alliance bullshit on Survivor.
Completely agree. I can’t stand that kind of racing. It has gotten completely out of control and it is time for the show to finally do something to prevent or at least dramatically limit it. Between that and a mega-leg being essentially decided by the first detour there wasn’t much going for this episode.
Old 04-21-24, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
There were so many bad teams this year that it's been more a race to see who is the worst one week to week.
As I watched the second episode, I realized why the producers didn’t want to make these long episodes. The editors were probably going insane in the editing bay watching these teams fumble from task to task.
Old 04-22-24, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,095 Likes on 665 Posts

The teams helping each other like that is complete bullshit. Especially when they have a rule in place that won't let you swap out with your own partner for the challenge, but they will let another team member basically complete the challenge for you.

Fuck that shit.

It is one thing to help each other out with directions or answering a question but there needs to be a line drawn on all challenges. If they can't complete it themselves, then they are just fucking out. Period. Or at least change the rule and allow a limited # of swap-outs with your own team member. That seems more reasonable than allowing this crap.
Old 05-02-24, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

I don’t understand. Danny and Angie got eliminated not because they got lost, but the production crew van following them got lost? And if they could just meet up again at the next challenge, why did their crew show up over an hour later than Danny and Angie? Racers can’t use GPS, but production can, right?

Just a really sour note in a season that was already subpar.
Old 05-02-24, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
I don’t understand. Danny and Angie got eliminated not because they got lost, but the production crew van following them got lost? And if they could just meet up again at the next challenge, why did their crew show up over an hour later than Danny and Angie? Racers can’t use GPS, but production can, right?

Just a really sour note in a season that was already subpar.
Danny referred it to as a punishment so I wonder if they broke the rules losing the crew. That would suck.

The editors had to make longer episodes while also cutting out COVID references. I’m sure they could have added more context or an actual explanation for why they got a punishment. Instead of we get a lot filler footage of the rain and racers lost on the road.