Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- S: Wayans, Crawford -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/21/16

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- S: Wayans, Crawford -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/21/16

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-16, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- S: Wayans, Crawford -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/21/1

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Whomever at the show decided to put "Bust a Move" overtop of the shower scene needs a raise. That's the hardest I've laughed at anything on network TV all year long.
We just watched this episode tonight. My wife, who loves cop shows, but is pretty reserved while watching TV, was laughing so hard at the fight scene in the shower, I thought she was going to fall out of her chair! Believe me, that's pretty high praise from her.
Old 10-18-16, 03:42 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Lethal Weapon (FOX) -- S: Wayans, Crawford -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 9/21/1

I don't think Wayans is handling the serious stuff well at all and the Riggs guy isn't handling the crazy stuff

But if you take it as a show with two new characters and a buddy buddy situation, it's not too bad
Old 10-20-16, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

My god, they really, really fucked up with this gang guy addition. He is atrocious.
Old 10-21-16, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I still think they need to emphasize a little more just how badass Riggs is supposed to be. He isnt quite living up to his rep as a "Lethal Weapon". Like when he called for backup and the boss said "Send Everyone!" I dont think it was quite deserverd as if Riggs was calling for backup it meant it was somehting he couldnt handle.

In the movies it was quite clear than in addition to being crazy, Riggs was incredibly highly skilled and dangerous as a soldier. In fact it was a big plot point in the 4th movie that his skills were slowing down and Murtaugh couldn't believe Riggs could lose a fight or get his ass kicked one on one.

They need to play up his abilities a little more I think because he doesn't seem to be any better than Murthaugh other than being in better shape and younger and a little more willing to take risks and not follow rules/protocol.

Still loving the chemistry and overall show, just a minor nitpick, but maybe I am still comparing to Mel. He has the ability to seem charming, funny, and all of a sudden turn deadly and dangerous with just a facial expression and look of his eyes. I have said before he has an amazing ability to make his eyes "go dead" for lack of a better term in which he conveys that the other person has ceased to exist in his mind and it is just a matter of time before he kills them. See the conversation in The Patriot with Jason Isaacs when he tells him he is going to kill him as an example as well as numerous times in the LW series itself.

I like Crawford's portrayal despite the mustache but I wish they would write him a little tougher or dangerous in the future to give off that menace or scariness that the character is capable of if he truly did go off.
Old 10-21-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I still think they need to emphasize a little more just how badass Riggs is supposed to be. He isnt quite living up to his rep as a "Lethal Weapon".
Exactly what I was thinking since the pilot episode.
Old 10-21-16, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
My god, they really, really fucked up with this gang guy addition. He is atrocious.
He had a big part in the first season of American Crime, which received quite a bit of praise. 2nd season as well but it wasn't as good (nor was his part).
Old 10-23-16, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

at the climatic bomb sequence.

That was at least a 10 story drop!! and Riggs and Murtaugh somehow managed to land in that tiny pool perfectly. Ridiculous, yet awesome sequence. And Riggs aim was perfect shooting that bomb while dropping. I was hoping for Murtaugh to scream like a girl.

That was a solid episode to end going into the World Series break. The villain ended up being somewhat sympathetic since he was a war veteran going through some of the same issues as Riggs.
Old 10-23-16, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
at the climatic bomb sequence.

That was at least a 10 story drop!! and Riggs and Murtaugh somehow managed to land in that tiny pool perfectly. Ridiculous, yet awesome sequence. And Riggs aim was perfect shooting that bomb while dropping. I was hoping for Murtaugh to scream like a girl.

That was a solid episode to end going into the World Series break. The villain ended up being somewhat sympathetic since he was a war veteran going through some of the same issues as Riggs.
Yep, I didn't think they'd top the "Riggs jumps off a building holding a woman and crashes through the window of a building on the other side of a four-lane road", but they did it within three episodes.
Old 11-04-16, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Based on the lack of activity, I guess it was not just me...Game 7 of the World Series pre-empted what should have been this weeks ep and I guess it will now be next weeks episode. Can you tell I am itching to watch the next episode, this show has quickly become a favorite.
Old 11-09-16, 06:33 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

New episode on tonight after the World Series break.
Old 11-10-16, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy this is back in the line up. Watching the ep this morning I realized how much I missed this stupid show. It checks off all the action movie cliches and dosent blink an eye. Evil rapist save? Check. Physics defying car flip? Check. Cool guys dont look/flinch at explosions? Double check. Im in love.
Old 11-10-16, 08:54 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

The opening stunt with the girl getting hit by the car into the tree was really well done. You don't normally see something like that from that kind of angle, without cutting away. Even if it was CGI and not a dummy (couldn't tell), it was really impressive.
Old 11-10-16, 03:42 PM

Last night's episode was cliched and yet I thought it was fantastic. The bits with the Amsterdam tourists did not have me groaning, and I really liked his interaction with his deceased wife's best friend...it worked. Like Dex, I was like whoa at the opening scene (that was a surprisingly dark opening for this show).

We also continue to get some nice but brief bits with Murtaugh's kids. I am so biased that my opinion of an episode should be considered with a grain of salt because like Rex Power Colt I am in love with the show.

It even had a ratings bump, so that with the fact that it gets a good bump in delayed viewing numbers should mean we will see a season 2...yay.
Old 11-11-16, 11:07 AM

Yeah this was a good episode
Old 11-12-16, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

2 pretty crazy car stunt sequences in this episode. The opening as dex mentioned and then the final one when Riggs shot that car and it flew over the girl (although that sequence was definitely green screen)

Really enjoyed the interactions with the Murtaugh and how Roger/Trish dealt with the daughter's provocative photo.

I didn't notice until now, but the actress who plays Riggs dead wife is Floriana Lima, who is in Supergirl as Maggie Sawyer.

Jordana Brewster was nowhere to be found in this episode. Glad they didn't try to shoehorn her in just to give her something to do. Also, glad that Richard Cabral was nowhere in this episode too.
Old 11-18-16, 07:27 PM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Not quite as over the top as other episodes, but some nice nods to the movies. The Hongs, a potential love interest for Riggs, and now he has a dog. Did I miss any?
Old 11-18-16, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno
Not quite as over the top as other episodes, but some nice nods to the movies. The Hongs, a potential love interest for Riggs, and now he has a dog. Did I miss any?
The opening titles with the bullet slicing through. I believe that was unique to this episode.
Old 11-19-16, 09:41 AM

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

The torture scene with water. Similar to the first movie.
Old 11-19-16, 07:52 PM

Again good watchable procedural, now seeing it as a totally different show with no connection to Lethal Weapon

I don't see them as Riggs and Murtaugh

I see them as new white guy and a Wayans and they are doing alright
Old 11-20-16, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Just saw episode six and seven. Still enjoying it for a show without powers, magic, time travel, sci-fi etc....

As for episode six............RUN TO THE SIDE! Stop running down the road like an idiot!
Old 11-20-16, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

They've been hinting at a love interest for Riggs for a while now... I hope that doesn't happen THIS season. I like the character better as a loner with a death wish. Mel Gibson's Riggs was never the same after Lorna Cole - he was much less of a badass - don't want to see that happen here. Let Roger be the relationship guy...keep Riggs solo.
Old 11-20-16, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

They've been hinting at a love interest for Riggs for a while now... I hope that doesn't happen THIS season. I like the character better as a loner with a death wish. Mel Gibson's Riggs was never the same after Lorna Cole - he was much less of a badass - don't want to see that happen here. Let Roger be the relationship guy...keep Riggs solo.
Won't they have to go through a Lethal Weapon 2 temporary romance first?

I only watched the pilot so far. Will get around to watching this sometime. Maybe when it hits Netflix or Amazon.
Old 11-20-16, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Episodes 6 and 7 were good. I agree the car crashing into the tree was pretty brutal. While over the top, I appreciate the flip at the end was from the gas tank and not shooting a tire.

I thought Hilary Burton was a nice addition to the last episode. I think she could make a good pairing with Riggs, but they'd need to bring her back a few more times and wait until next season (if there is one) to do it right.

I find this show a lot of fun, given how much serious content is out there these days. Just something as simple as Riggs carrying on a serious conversation while sitting there with half a stuffed bunny on his lap.
Old 11-21-16, 06:51 PM

I get what you are saying, but I am a big Hilarie Burton fan. She is great in any Hallmark film, and who can forget her two appearances on the show Forever...the screen just lit up with energy when she and Ioan Gruffudd were on the screen together.

The chemistry between her and Riggs was also definitely noticeable so I can only hope they bring her back as a recurring character.
Old 11-23-16, 06:38 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Also caught up on this, and this show is a lot of fun.

Seems like they have a pretty good budget for stunts, which is a nice change.

Great chemistry with the leads.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.