Received 238 Likes on 142 Posts
re: Forever (ABC) -- Series Thread

The 2,000 year old guy on the phone should totally be this guy:

Old 09-30-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts

Episode 3 is tonight:

WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE TO STAY YOUNG? HENRY AND JO DISCOVER VICTIMS OF AN EXPENSIVE SCAM THAT ENDS IN DEATH, ON ABC'S "FOREVER"

"Fountain of Youth" - Henry is interested in aging and how to die, but New York's wealthy elderly are chasing a way to turn back the clock. A clinic is dispensing a pricey product - Aterna - which is supposed to provide the much sought after fountain of youth. But instead, Henry and Jo are confronted with multiple deaths from the costly potion, which instead of revolutionizing the aging process, is turning people's brains into swiss cheese. Meanwhile Henry remembers back to dear friend who was diagnosed with tuberculosis in 1906 and discovers a link to this current case. Unbeknownst to Henry, Abe, who would love to be young and youthful again, is tempted to try Aterna. And Henry learns however long you live, you must live every day and hour like it's your last, on "Forever," TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Forever" stars Ioan Gruffudd as Henry, Judd Hirsch as Abe, Alana De La Garza as Detective Jo Martinez, Lorraine Toussaint as Lt. Joanne Reece, Donnie Keshawarz as Detective Hanson and Joel David Moore as Lucas.

Guest starring are Eric Morris as Dr. James Carter, Steve Cirbus as Anton Vann, Christina Bennett Lind as Sasha Savchenko, DonnaMarie Recco as Laura Graff and Mather Zickel as Dr. Frederick Gardner.

"Fountain of Youth" is written by Janet Lin and directed by David Warren.

Read more: Listings - FOREVER on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3Eqerd4Ft
Old 10-01-14, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

This show is still my biggest surprise this season. Totally enjoyable and great acting. The backstory is getting interesting, too.
Old 10-01-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
This show is still my biggest surprise this season. Totally enjoyable and great acting. The backstory is getting interesting, too.
Agreed and they didn't kill him this episode. I was worried he was the new Kenny.
Old 10-01-14, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 285 Likes on 237 Posts

The ratings for the third episode plummeted, so I am nervous that ABC will air more than 5 episodes before yanking the show from the airwaves. I can only hope the live + 3 bumps this up to a 1.6 or better 18-49. Dagnabbit, like most folks on this thread, I felt that the show turned out to be a pleasant surprise, but I guess ABC's Tuesday at 10 pm show curse continues. I am usually pretty chill with shows that get yanked from the air prematurely (it is just business, I get it), but I will actually miss this show and the direction it could have gone in.
Old 10-01-14, 03:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The main act is good, but I have trouble with the backstory. Guy disappears when he dies? And in this episode they were saying "we are men of science". Elementary does it better with no stupid backstory. But here we dont have Lucy Liu, and both the leads are good.
Old 10-01-14, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

This is a show i have to watch On Demand the next day since I always try to watch Person of Interest live.
Old 10-02-14, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 610 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
This is a show i have to watch On Demand the next day since I always try to watch Person of Interest live.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Old 10-02-14, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 610 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by dstrauss
The 2,000 year old guy on the phone should totally be this guy:

Or this guy.

Old 10-02-14, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Enjoyed this episode as well. I'm glad they took a break from the mystery phone guy for an episode.

I like how they are slow building the relationship between Henry and the detective.

This show really has a Castle meets Highlander vibe. I really hope it manages to stay around long enough to tell a good story.
Old 10-03-14, 09:47 AM

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
Enjoyed this episode as well. I'm glad they took a break from the mystery phone guy for an episode.
Plus, he didn't get killed at all this week. He died 3 times last week.
Old 10-03-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Episode 3 was good. A few said it would get pretty old quick if Henry died in every episode. I'm glad that they didn't feel compelled to have to kill him here.

I really liked hearing Abe's talk to Henry about how he won't be around forever and worries who will look after him when he's gone. That was a very moving speech.
Old 10-03-14, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,038 Likes on 636 Posts

I like this show, but man that scene at the end with Judd Hirsch on the skateboard was pure cheese.
Old 10-03-14, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I like this show a lot and hope it sticks around. It has great chemistry and an interesting backstory... well cast and well acted.

I was afraid after watching the pilot that it was going to be one fatal accident/incident after another just because they could use that as a plot device. That would get old incredibly fast.
Old 10-08-14, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Really liked tonight's episode. It wasn't a traditional murder of the week plot.

The flashbacks with Henry, his fiance and the younger version of the woman who died were IMO what made the episode. They were really charming and I enjoyed how they tied in directly to the case.
Old 10-08-14, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts

I like it too, though on the light side, but the man needs to buy some burner phones.
Old 10-10-14, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Really enjoying this show. All of the cast have great chemistry too.

Double bonus I noticed Chris Fedak from Chuck wrote this. I wonder if he was responsible for the uptown rivals. Seems like they could be a great conditioning joke.
Old 10-11-14, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoyed episode 3. I liked the story of of the victim's past connection to Henry. I wasn't a big of Jo, but she is growing me. I liked that Henry didn't die in this episode and I'm kind of missing the mystery caller Adam, but maybe he will make a call in next week's episode.
Old 10-11-14, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

IMHO, it was the best episode of the series so far. The mystery kept me guessing; it had gorgeous sets and a moving story that tied in nicely with Henry's past. LOL @ the Berkowitz Brothers.

I love the flashbacks. The fourties had great style.
Old 10-15-14, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in the stalker subplot. Last two episodes havent mentioned it. I hope they address that soon.
Old 10-15-14, 05:48 PM

Sigh...a 1.1 18-49 rating, what is probably my favorite new show of the fall season will now be cancelled. As Deadline points out, right about now is when you get announcements of shows that have been picked up or received additional episode orders, so it is horrible timing that this ep had the worst ratings of the handful of eps that have aired.
Old 10-15-14, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts

That doesn't sound good. I watch it and like it, so that's the kiss of death.
Old 10-16-14, 01:20 AM

A pleasant surprise to see that Deadline reports ABC just gave a pick up order for additional eps (maybe 3 additional eps) for Forever, Selfie, and Manhattan Love Story. I hope the writers of Forever hedge their bets and think that just in case ratings do not improve, we should generate an episode that provides some closure, and also maybe ends on a cliffhanger.
Old 10-16-14, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
A pleasant surprise to see that Deadline reports ABC just gave a pick up order for additional eps (maybe 3 additional eps) for Forever, Selfie, and Manhattan Love Story. I hope the writers of Forever hedge their bets and think that just in case ratings do not improve, we should generate an episode that provides some closure, and also maybe ends on a cliffhanger.
They ordered scripts, not episodes. The purpose for that is to keep the writers working beyond the first 13 episodes and see what the Producers have planned. It's no guarantee the show will get more episodes.
Old 10-16-14, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
If he's going to die every episode it's going to get old.
I had the same thought by the second episode. I knew it would have to be something they let up on. Maybe taking extra risks here and there and he can die here and there just not too often.

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That doesn't sound good. I watch it and like it, so that's the kiss of death.
Feels that way with a lot of new shows. If it's on a main channel you have to like all the basic common stuff or it will get the ax unless something amazing happens. I have shows that are still going and it's almost surprising.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.