TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Official Storage Wars Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-14, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 555 Posts
Re: Official Storage Wars Discussion

Originally Posted by Deftones
yeah, this show is still entertaining, but it's nothing without barry's antics, as set up as they were. plus, having Dave as a "villain" sort of kept it fresh. the new feuds are dumb. i keep watching b/c it is perfect tv to watch before bed, but i don't see how this will last much longer as long as it continues to be as lame as it is.
But Rene is the villain now! Otherwise, why would he have switched from French Canadian to German over the break?
Old 04-17-14, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by emanon
But Rene is the villain now! Otherwise, why would he have switched from French Canadian to German over the break?
I didn't even notice.
Old 04-18-14, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Me either. I was a little stumped by the guy, with a name like Rene and his accent. He didn't strike me as German at all. So is he really French Canadian?
Old 04-22-14, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone catch the Brandi and Jarrod special? It was worth it just for that one second dance shot from Brandi.

I also wonder if this isn't a trial balloon to see if Brandi and Jarrod can carry their own show. SW isn't doing well and they are the most likable pair (well, Brandi has the most likable pair) from SW. She narrated the opening, which featured some younger pictures of her. Anyway, I can see this as the basis of a new show.

Last edited by Traxan; 04-23-14 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-23-14, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I watched it, though it felt like one of those bad MTV reality shows where the people do nothing but very ordinary stuff. This season of Storage Wars seemed very short.
Old 04-23-14, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This season of Storage Wars seemed very short.
It was the shortest season so far with only 10 episodes; the previous shortest was the first season with 19 episodes. Season 2 had 33 episodes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Wars_episodes
Old 04-24-14, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

i assume the brandi and jarrod special was named something different. my dvr didn't pick it up.
Old 04-24-14, 09:22 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

The cold open with the auctioneers was so scripted. Ugh.
Old 04-25-14, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Lets take the show at face value, I would hope no one would really think they are going to just blow up TNT like that. Three sticks? That close? There? Noooooo, there are so many things wrong with that concept you hope they will just being stupid for the show.

Originally Posted by Gizmo
The cold open with the auctioneers was so scripted. Ugh.
Painfully so.
Old 04-25-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
i assume the brandi and jarrod special was named something different. my dvr didn't pick it up.
"Brandi & Jarrod: Married To The Job" or something like that.

(I know this because I had to search it out to record for Saturday's re-air.)
Old 04-25-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

What amuses me is when they find boxes of used DVDs and price it at like $5/per. Yeah, right.
Old 04-25-14, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
What amuses me is when they find boxes of used DVDs and price it at like $5/per. Yeah, right.
Some of their prices are insane. Getting five dollars for used blu-rays may be hard depending on the title. Unless it's rare there is no way. Like one said three hundred for an old Vista desktop..................NO!
Old 04-25-14, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When these shows first hit the air, there was a tendency to keep the estimated prices in check. That has gone out of the window, I see inflated estimates on all these types of shows.
Old 04-25-14, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Traxan
Anyone catch the Brandi and Jarrod special? It was worth it just for that one second dance shot from Brandi.
No. Not really. You'd think someone at the network would have said "It would really work in your favor if you'd go swimming in the smallest bikini you own."
Old 04-25-14, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When these shows first hit the air, there was a tendency to keep the estimated prices in check. That has gone out of the window, I see inflated estimates on all these types of shows.
"This is a hundred dollar bill"

When? 2001?
Old 04-25-14, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by madcougar
No. Not really. You'd think someone at the network would have said "It would really work in your favor if you'd go swimming in the smallest bikini you own."
And Brandi would tell him to FOAD.
Old 04-26-14, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Yep, and then there are the rare items, not rare as in valuable but rare in that there's not that many people out there willing to pay for it. Red flag whenever I heard "to the right buyer" which translates as: you're going to be holding on to it for a long time...
Old 04-30-14, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Storage Wars has always been a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. But I think it's run its course. If you missed the finale last night, Daryl bought a locker full of toys and comic books. He claimed there were at least 3,000 comic books in the locker (although I only counted about eight long boxes) and he claimed they were a conservative $10 a piece (although I didn't see ANY $10 books - not even close). It's one thing when they give a value to something you know nothing about, it's another when you know there's no way in hell they're right.
Old 04-30-14, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
Storage Wars has always been a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. But I think it's run its course. If you missed the finale last night, Daryl bought a locker full of toys and comic books. He claimed there were at least 3,000 comic books in the locker (although I only counted about eight long boxes) and he claimed they were a conservative $10 a piece (although I didn't see ANY $10 books - not even close). It's one thing when they give a value to something you know nothing about, it's another when you know there's no way in hell they're right.
I haven't watched in a few seasons but it's always been that. Old 14" CRT monitor from the 90's...[Daryl] That's a hundred dollar bill, right there![/Daryl] lol
Old 04-30-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just thought about that 24/7 shirt Daryl has. That's the oddest way to word anything when talking about an online shop. It sounds like something one would say back when the internet first came around. It's the internet, of course everything is always open. The concept to even question that feels dated.
Old 04-30-14, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is the current season so short? Only 10 episodes compared to other seasons when it has been 19 or more.
Old 04-30-14, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by resinrats
Why is the current season so short? Only 10 episodes compared to other seasons when it has been 19 or more.
I think the producers were busy trying to launch Barry's new show. It looks like the network realizes the formula is getting stale with the current cast and aiming to branch out.
Old 04-30-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I think they also wanted to see how the show would do without Barry but with the new regulars.
Old 04-30-14, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Traxan

I also wonder if this isn't a trial balloon to see if Brandi and Jarrod can carry their own show. SW isn't doing well and they are the most likable pair (well, Brandi has the most likable pair) from SW. She narrated the opening, which featured some younger pictures of her. Anyway, I can see this as the basis of a new show.
Caught it last night. Pretty awful.
Old 04-30-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If A&E starts airing Storage Wars Canada, they could make shorter seasons off all the various series (original, Texas, New York, Canada) and have a new episode on each week all year round. I've seen the Canada one. No different then the US ones. Figure make 13-15 episodes a season. Only do a double new one the first week & maybe one other week. In the weeks of single episodes, show the past week's ep as the 2nd ep.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.