Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

But without Gordon returning, there was really no point to this episode other than generate more publicity for ABC. This must have been done as a 'Thank You' to them.
Old 04-12-14, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Yeah, that was kind of a bullshit episode, as they did sorta sell it as if Ramsey would be going back there. I mean, even when clip show episodes draw from multiple seasons, they're called out for being bullshit, and here was a clip show that essentially drew from a single episode.
Old 04-12-14, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

When they showed bonus footage, they said there wasn't enough time to show it the first time. Well, why not make it a 2-hour show?

It was a good episode if you missed the first one. They showed, in the new interview, that they didn't learn anything other than how to market their craziness. Oh and they gave the servers their tips. What a nutty couple.
Old 04-12-14, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here they are on Dr. Phil from a couple days ago, being as bat-shit insane as ever

Old 04-13-14, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 436 Likes on 298 Posts

Yep Amy and Samy are still bat guano crazy... Count me in as a bit disappointed that it turned into mostly a clip show and Ramsay's final comments seemed run thru legal first. I did crack up at Samy "I'll talk for money" lol

I'd never seen the animated cartoon on You Tube. That was hysterical.
Old 04-13-14, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

That episode was crap. Sucked that it was 90% recap. Even worse, it was crap that Gordon didn't want to re-visit the restaurant himself and they had to hire a former LA reporter to do the work for him. It really felt cheap and Gordon's stand ups felt really impersonal.

And yes, Amy and Samy are still batshit crazy, especially Amy.
Old 04-13-14, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Samy desperately needs a beatdown, and the woman needs to become acquainted with reality.
Old 04-14-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I really liked that episode. I mean, I was ticked that they marketed it as a return to Amy's (as in Gordon was returning) but Amy's ten minute rant was epic batshit crazy as I expected.
Old 04-14-14, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

I'm willing to bet that A. Ramsey did not want to go back to ABC, B. Amy and Samy wouldn't allow themselves to be filmed with him, or C. All of the above.

You can't just film someone and air it without their permission. What we saw on Friday was either part of their original obligation when they agreed to be on Kitchen Nightmares in the first place, or an end-around (notice how they said it was a NEWS reporter that interviewed them, and not a Kitchen Nightmares representative?).

I'm sure neither side, ABC and Gordon Ramsey want to have anything to do with the other anymore, but they also are smart enough to recognize that they need each other. Without that KN episode, it's likely ABC would have gone out of business already (unless they're basically just laundering Samy's illegal money). It's also "viral", as they mentioned several times during the episode so the producers were definitely gonna do a follow-up to garner ratings. I'm willing to bet viewership dropped significantly in the second hour.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a third ABC episode within the next year or so.
Old 04-14-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty sure it was part of the original package that they agreed to be interviewed in a followup to the original segment to see how the restaurant's been doing since Gordan's help. They all do this, only in this case, they split it up into it's own episode, purely for ratings.
Old 04-14-14, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a third ABC episode within the next year or so.
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a reality show on Food or TLC (or something like that) based at ABC.
Old 04-15-14, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can't just film someone and air it without their permission. What we saw on Friday was either part of their original obligation when they agreed to be on Kitchen Nightmares in the first place, or an end-around (notice how they said it was a NEWS reporter that interviewed them, and not a Kitchen Nightmares representative?).
Pretty sure the reporter said "Kitchen Nightmares". Didn't Samy repeat it?

The 2 of them deserve each other. She's completely incapable of accepting that anything bad can possibly be due to anything they do, and he shields her from anyone trying to let her know that.

And here's another reason you just know they're nucking futs. Any reasonable person would have just said "Oh, KN, the show that burned us and made us look like crazy people. Sorry, no thanks." But instead, they somehow thought that they could go on and convince people that they weren't the crazy ones- it was all the "online bullies and haters". Clearly she does not even have a toe into the way that reality works.
Old 04-15-14, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a reality show on Food or TLC (or something like that) based at ABC.
I would watch it.
Old 04-15-14, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stingermck
I would watch it.
Me too.
Old 04-15-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
I would watch it.
Me three.
Old 04-15-14, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad everyone here pointed out this was a clip show - I FFW'd to the end of the show.

And I think the 'reporter' was part of the show's follow up interview, and was probably recorded a few weeks after the production crew left. You can see they are talking about the Facebook issues etc.

They use these clips for where are they now shows etc.

My DVR recorded 2 hrs - and I thought this was a 2 hr show, but there was a season premier the 2nd half for an hour (Man that Pizza looked gross... guess that is how they eat it out in Denver)
Old 04-15-14, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
My DVR recorded 2 hrs - and I thought this was a 2 hr show, but there was a season premier the 2nd half for an hour (Man that Pizza looked gross... guess that is how they eat it out in Denver)
Yeah, the Time Warner guide made it look a 2-hour show.

I was hoping Dr Phil was going to ask why they decided to sell merchandise related to the KN episode. Considering how they think their business and their lives are ruined, you'd think they would distance themselves.

Oh, and maybe they show just stick to the name of the company "Amy's BAKING Company. Looked like that's all she can do with any consistency.
Old 04-15-14, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Oh, and maybe they show just stick to the name of the company "Amy's BAKING Company. Looked like that's all she can do with any consistency.
But wasn't it revealed that she actually buys the baked goods from other places? And that her rationale is, "if you go to Walmart, you know the stuff you buy isn't made there, right?"
Old 04-15-14, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But wasn't it revealed that she actually buys the baked goods from other places? And that her rationale is, "if you go to Walmart, you know the stuff you buy isn't made there, right?"
You could be right but I might've missed that. Sometimes things are flying so fast on that episode.
Old 04-15-14, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Here they are on Dr. Phil from a couple days ago, being as bat-shit insane as ever

Around 19 minutes in, they demonstrate that they have absolutely no understanding of internet communication and humor.

Putting a pic of their home is too much, though.
Old 04-15-14, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I love how they think that the people who post comments on their facebook page are "hackers".
Old 04-18-14, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm disappointed that the old microwave and other junk appliances went into the trash compactor rather than being properly recycled. That tuba also could've also been refurbished and donated to a local school.
Old 04-19-14, 01:24 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I was thinking Gordon should have brought in an antique dealer just to tell the guy all his stuff was garbage. I think I saw them do that on Hotel Impossible once.
Old 04-19-14, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
I was thinking Gordon should have brought in an antique dealer just to tell the guy all his stuff was garbage. I think I saw them do that on Hotel Impossible once.
I would've wanted to see which item or two actually wasn't garbage. There had to be a gem in that massive pile of stuff. So much of the episode was devoted to the hoarding and filth that I barely remember anything after the restaurant makeover.
Old 04-26-14, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Did that KN episode really have to be 2 hours? Man, did they ever stretch that thing to its limits!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.