Sons of Anarchy *Season Premiere* - "Albification" - 9/08/09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy *Season Premiere* - "Albification" - 9/08/09

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy *Season Premiere* - "Albification" - 9/08/09

Originally Posted by stingermck
I was kinda lost, but luckily everyone wears their name and rank on their vest Good hook though, im going to stick through it.
Ill head off your next question at the pass

SAMCRO = Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club - Redwood Origional
Old 09-09-09, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
I think the implication is that no matter how much he liked his daughter-in-law, SAMCRO is more important to him, and Jax taking control away from Clay and returning to John's vision is his ultimate goal.
I understand the explanation, but I just don't see it; this was not simply about the daughter in law - Clay was attempting to kill his son. I just don't see him letting go so easy and putting the vision of SAMCRO above revenge against someone attempting to kill his own son.
Old 09-09-09, 03:34 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Anyone know if these will air online (Hulu, FX) similar to Rescue Me? (which became available online Wednesday the week after it aired)
Old 09-09-09, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I hope Henry Rollins is given a bigger role in future episodes.
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
Henry Rollins was really convincing.
These responses surprise me. I'm a fan of Henry Rollins (music, speaking, ifc show), but he was absolutely horrible on the show last night. I can't recall if he was this bad in other roles he's played, but based on SOA the guy can't act. His best scene was with the mask on, because you couldn't see how bad he was struggling. Hopefully he gets whacked soon, although I don't see that happening.

Other than Rollins' role, the episode was great. Glad it's back. I know everyone is saying that Clay and Jax are going to be on the warpath now, but what about Gemma. I don't see her sitting back, playing the victim.

Last edited by dino88; 09-09-09 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
These responses surprise me. I'm a fan of Henry Rollins (music, speaking, ifc show), but he was absolutely horrible on the show last night.

I'm a fan too and I thought he was good. I mean isn't the role thus far just that of some quiet neo-nazi sociopath? He seemed to be playing the role of a pitbull on a leash. He scared the shit out of me, so...job well done.
Old 09-09-09, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess I'm on my own, because I thought he was embarrassingly bad. He made Paris Hilton look like Meryl Streep.

I'm just nervous that Rollins is going to pull a Tuco for me. I thought the actor that played Tuco on Breaking Bad was terrible and he ruined what could have been a perfect first season. I'm just hoping Rollins doesn't ruin SOA for me, because it's one of the last shows I actually look forward to.

Last edited by dino88; 09-09-09 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Anyone know if these will air online (Hulu, FX) similar to Rescue Me? (which became available online Wednesday the week after it aired)
from hulu

Availability Notes:
Sons of Anarchy Season 2 episodes will be available starting September 16, on an 8-day delay from air.
Old 09-09-09, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

Awesome episode. Picked up right where they left off and the ending was
Old 09-09-09, 06:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mhepburn20
Girl from North Country by Lions
That's their second song thats been used in this series.
Old 09-10-09, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Question about next week's preview
Spoiler:
Did it seem like Gemma didn't even want anyone to know about the rape?
Old 09-10-09, 12:59 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Question about next week's preview
Spoiler:
Did it seem like Gemma didn't even want anyone to know about the rape?
I read an interview with Charlie Hunnam (Jax) and he said

Spoiler:
Clay and Jax don't find out she was raped until the later on in the season.
Old 09-10-09, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

I had no idea that Charlie Hunnam was English.

Last edited by Michael T Hudson; 09-10-09 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-10-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Great season premiere.

Kurt Sutter is such a fricking good storyteller. I hope we will see him make another cameo appearance this season.

It was good seeing Adam Arkin again after Life got cancelled. Him and Rollins are going to be an interesting nemesis to Clay, Jax and Samcro.

The scene where Jax and company kidnapped and murdered the member of the Mayans was really brutal.

I was really shocked by the kidnapping and rape of Gemma.

Great start to the season.
Old 09-11-09, 01:42 AM

Does anyone know the song that was playing in the beginning of the episode when they were shooting the guns from the irish?
Old 09-11-09, 03:04 PM

Once again, the club proves its incompetence almost hilariously. It's rather comical how so many guys, going after the wrong man for reasons which are different for all of them, depending on how deluded they are about what happened to Opie's wife, can almost let the guy get away. Am I missing something, or would it be accurate to say that every time the club has tried to pull something off, their main ally has been dumb luck and not intelligent planning? LOL.
Old 09-11-09, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think that's at all accurate. Look at how they played the businessman whose girl was raped. That was intelligent planning.

ETA: Another example? The way they handled the guy who got Opie locked up by abandoning his post.

Last edited by Jimmy James; 09-11-09 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-13-09, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm on my own, because I thought he was embarrassingly bad. He made Paris Hilton look like Meryl Streep.
You might be alone going that far, but I agree he wasn't that good. Physically, he's always had the aryan thug look (and in fact looked much more intimidating 10 years ago), but other than that he didn't bring anything to the role. To be fair, the only scene where he had to do any heavy lifting was the warehouse scene with Darby, and while he sure didn't impress me there (and it looks like they had to edit around his poor performance), I'm not going to write him off completely.
Old 09-13-09, 07:09 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

what a season opener ! The white supremists are an awesome advisary, can't wait to see the blood start spilling. So Clay knows that Jax knows that he ordered the hit on Opie ?
Old 09-13-09, 08:02 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
So Clay knows that Jax knows that he ordered the hit on Opie ?
Clay obviously knows that Jax strongly suspects his involvement with the attempt on Opie's life, but Jax doesn't know with 100% certainty
Old 09-13-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta agree, he's a very bad actor. I was a HUGE fan of the original Wrong Turn (2003) and when I heard they were making a sequel I was excited. I liked Rollins in stuff I saw him doing on TV and though he would be great... I'm not saying he ruined Wrong Turn 2 (it had a whole lot more wrong with it) but his horrible acting certainly aided in its badness.
Old 09-13-09, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Holy shit. Al Bundy is gonna raise hell over this.
Old 09-13-09, 01:03 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Rollins just has to play a racist meathead, surely he cant stuff that up
Old 09-16-09, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I just jumped in to this Season 2, and I liked the premier a lot.

Can someone bring me up to speed on SAMCRO?
Old 09-16-09, 01:07 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy

seriously, if you enjoyed the first ep of S2, you owe it to yourself and go back and netflix, rent, or buy S1. it's THAT good.

Last edited by TGM; 09-16-09 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-16-09, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy

Season one

The Sons of Anarchy is an outlaw motorcycle club with many charters in the United States. The Charming local is the original founding chapter of the Sons of Anarchy.[3]

The Charming charter is based out of a clubhouse adjacent to the Teller-Morrow auto mechanic shop. Led by Clay Morrow, the club protects and controls Charming through close community relationships, bribery and violent intimidation. The full name of the motorcycle club is Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original; on occasion, the show will abbreviate it as SOA, though more frequently the club is referred to as SAMCRO (a rough acronym of The Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club, Redwood Original [4]) or Sam Crow. This nickname is also reflected in the original title of the show, Forever Sam Crow.[5] The club's leathers also refer to "Men of Mayhem," Jax has worn a hat that says "Reaper Crew," and their logo is a grim reaper wielding an M-16 with a bloody scythe blade and holding a crystal ball with the anarchy "A". Another symbol of the club is the crow. (At least two female characters affiliated with the club have crow tattoos.) As for the motorcycles, the Sons mostly ride customized Harley-Davidson Dynas.

Club members have "day jobs" in local industries, most of them working at Clay's auto repair shop, but they primarily make money by illegally importing weapons and selling them to drug gangs in the East Bay, along with protection runs for local businesses by protecting valuable truck shipments from hijacking.

SAMCRO keeps meth traffickers out of Charming, which puts them at odds with the meth-distributing white supremacist "Nords" gang, the Nordics, headed by Ernest Darby. Unlike their rivals, the Sons are relatively diverse and inclusionist, openly rejecting the Nords' white supremacy. The SOA also have to deal with a rival Oakland-based MC, the "Mayans" led by Marcus Alvarez, who control the neighboring territory of northern Nevada. Other groups in SAMCRO's orbit include the San Francisco-based Chinese American mafia, the Italian American Cacuzza crime family, the True IRA of Ireland, which supplies them with illegal Russian-made guns, the One-Niners, an African American street gang (who also appeared on The Shield, thus putting the two in the same fictional universe) to whom SAMCRO sell weapons, and various affiliates in the state prison system, where many members of the club have been incarcerated at one time or another.

The club operates out of a clubhouse attached to the Teller-Morrow auto shop. The clubhouse includes a living area where Jax is currently camped out (since leaving his house to ex-wife Wendy following their divorce), a bar, a pool table and an elaborate conference table made of redwood that has a reaper logo carved into the top. The club also owns a secluded cabin in the woods and formerly had a warehouse outside of town where they assembled the illegal weapons. They start the series looking for a new warehouse space, and end the first season with most of their finances tied up in building a new one.

John Teller and Piermont "Piney" Winston co-founded SAMCRO in 1967 following their return from service as paratroopers during the Vietnam War.[6] Six of the "Redwood Original 9" members were vets; Clay Morrow was the youngest of the original members. Following John's death in 1993, his widow Gemma later married Clay.

John and Gemma's surviving son Jax (another son, Tommy, died in childhood of the "family flaw", a congenital heart defect) is second in the club's line of succession after co-founder and sitting president Clay. Jax is recently divorced from Wendy, the mother of his son Abel, who is born 10 weeks premature as a result of his mother's Meth addiction. Jax is also connected to Tara, a doctor at St. Thomas Hospital. The two were high school sweethearts.
This wikipedia post doesn't spoil any plot points from S1 but does give you the backstory

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 09-16-09 at 01:39 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.