TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Turn and Face the Strange" -- Vol. 4: Fugitives -- 04/06/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Heroes -- "Turn and Face the Strange" -- Vol. 4: Fugitives -- 04/06/09

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I think Baby Matt Parkman is an awesome addition to the cast
I like the idea behind it but please, don't allow him to cry again.
Old 04-08-09, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I liked how Parkman used his power creatively to get to Danko. The lack of creative use of powers is my of my biggest gripes. But I didn't like how they portrayed Parkman as potentially killing innocent people for revenge. Way, way out of line for a character that is supposedly one of the heroes.
All was well until he even thought about hurting an innocent person, you go over the one that is doing the killing NOT an innocent person that they care about. Giving up at the end was odd, think he would have gotten rid of Danko for what he has done at to stop him from hurting others.
Old 04-08-09, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked the episode quite a bit.

It's nice that they're adding layers to Danko and Sylar. Never would've thought Danko would have someone he cared about in his life. And it's nice to see Sylar doing something other than using his finger as a can opener. I hope Fuller comes back next season. It's really on the upswing.
Old 04-08-09, 11:40 AM

The writers still have to stop making people stupid.

Parkman should use his powers properly. Make Danko shoot the girl or make her shoot Danko. Or make him shoot himself, or make her shoot herself. See? 4 options that are way better than have Matt fail to kill her and give up. That's just plain dumb.

Sylar wasting time with Hoah makes little sense. Noah has no powers, Sylar wants more, he's driven to find them.
Old 04-08-09, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Parkman's always been stupid. This is a whole new level of idiocy, though. The best plan he could come up with was making Danko feel bad by killing a prostitute? Ironically, this was one of the few episodes to ever have him use his powers intelligently, or consistantly.
Old 04-08-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luds
Parkman should use his powers properly. Make Danko shoot the girl or make her shoot Danko. Or make him shoot himself, or make her shoot herself. See? 4 options that are way better than have Matt fail to kill her and give up. That's just plain dumb.
You're forgetting the best option. He could use his powers to make Danko think that Parkman shot her. That way Danko thinks she is dead without actually killing her. This is what I thought he was going to do. I was disappointed that this didn't happen.
Old 04-08-09, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

Did it seem like maybe Sylar was unable to use his healing power while in the form of that other person and was only barely able to recover after changing? Could the shape shifting prevent the use of his other powers?

I got a big laugh from the Japanese truck driver. I've been enjoying these last few episodes.
Old 04-08-09, 04:10 PM

I thought he was making an effort to not heal so that Noah really thought he had been killed. Sylar even made a comment about pushing out more blood.
Old 04-08-09, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The writers are doing such a better job. I really like the shorter 12 ep per story arc now. It seems things are move much faster.

If they take it up on more notch and have the heroes really use their powers with some more smarts would help a bunch.

Love the last 5 or 6 shows.

I hope the writers are reading this thread.
Old 04-09-09, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Palaver
You're forgetting the best option. He could use his powers to make Danko think that Parkman shot her. That way Danko thinks she is dead without actually killing her. This is what I thought he was going to do. I was disappointed that this didn't happen.
See you're going in the complicated stuff here. I certainly agree that it's a good option. But one can't expect too much from these clown writers. I just hope Fuller helpes salvage the remainder of this season. Yeah I know it's like 3 episodes.