TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Infamous" -- 3/12/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-09, 10:18 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Smallville -- "Infamous" -- 3/12/09

Clark used the Legion ring to go back in time and stop everything that happened.
Old 03-13-09, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This reset button was lamer than the one Hillary Clinton presented to Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov a few days ago.
Old 03-14-09, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

the ring from the Legion. he went back in time 2 days
and left just before lois told him who doomsday is
Old 03-14-09, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikehunt
the ring from the Legion. he went back in time 2 days
and left just before lois told him who doomsday is
I hated that. He couldnt wait 30 more seconds to go back. He did it right while she was in mid sentence??
Old 03-14-09, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why on Earth would Clark destroy the ring - stupid as hell. You just know he'll regret that decision. I find it hard to watch episodes like this - because 10 minutes in you knew the reset was coming, so what was the fucking point of even watching the episode.
Old 03-14-09, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Not really much to add. But, I liked this episode.

You can already tell that Lois really has a thing for Clark. Although she mentioned she was out of town for over a month. So she skipped town after Chloe's wedding?....Did she not know that Clark was with Lana during that time? And where the hell did she go anyways? I know it was just convenient writing for Erica to leave and do other projects during that time. God, I hope they producers sign her up for 22 episodes next season.

I'm glad that the Linda Lake character is finally done. Although I did think Spelling was quite good in an over the top way.

I was a little annoyed that Clark couldn't wait a few extra seconds to know who Doomsday was.....Again, I know it's convenient writing just to stretch out the Doomsday arc.
Old 03-14-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There were a lot of inconsistencies in the episode. But you know, I liked this episode much more than previous ones in 09 so far. Glad to see Lois back. I don't care the reason why she was gone but its good to have her back
Old 03-14-09, 04:04 PM
ATX

oh boy, just watched

well, on the brightside Erica D is looking great, Horseface 90210 got smothered out and no Lana.
Old 03-14-09, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Love every scene where Erica gets to kick some ass.
Old 03-14-09, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been waiting four months for Erica to come back and then I miss the fucking episode. Doh!
Old 03-14-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I know it was mentioned that she was with Jimmy in Star City I thought it was for part of his hospital stay. So glad that she is back though. And next weeks episode looks interesting with Tess and Clark surviving a plane crash.

Last edited by Axeramm; 03-14-09 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-15-09, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

It was a fun what-if type episode, it felt like the twilight zone because you knew it would all be undone, I would be curious to see what things would be like in a universe where there was no going back, and putting the ring on right when Lois was talking made no sense, who would do that? No one in their right mind, that is just crazy.

Destroying the ring made no sense, yes, this destroy the ring that allowed you to fix the mess you were in, wow, that is smart, how how keeping it just in case.

Fun episode to see how people would react.
Old 03-15-09, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by comanche_doyle
I've been waiting four months for Erica to come back and then I miss the fucking episode. Doh!
You are not alone.
Old 03-15-09, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

You'd think Clark would have used the ring to fix the kryptonite deal with Lana.

Pretty dark/violent ending.
Old 03-15-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I save seen every episode, did Chole lose her powers or they are just ignoring them at the moment, I do not recall missing anything.
Old 03-15-09, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Some of the dialogue in this episode was painfully bad, especially the exchange between Linda and Clark at the beginning.

It at least set up a reason for the dual identity, but Clark is written as such an idiotic dumbass at this point, I hope Doomsday rips his head off and buries his body in dirt with Kryptonite mixed in.
Old 03-15-09, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Some of the dialogue in this episode was painfully bad, especially the exchange between Linda and Clark at the beginning.

It at least set up a reason for the dual identity, but Clark is written as such an idiotic dumbass at this point, I hope Doomsday rips his head off and buries his body in dirt with Kryptonite mixed in.
At this point? He's been an idiot since the beginning!
Old 03-15-09, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by awil1026
At this point? He's been an idiot since the beginning!
Well true, but it seemed like they were working on that, but have went in reverse now.
Old 03-16-09, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

You knew something was up at the beginning - especially when Lois found out within the first 15 minutes. I agree that the exchange between Linda and Clark was bad. Why is it that Tom feels the need to act like he's acting whenever he's chastising somebody? He's perfectly competent in scenes with Lois, but then when something like this comes by it's painful to watch.

I agree that Clark not waiting was bad, but acceptable. Destroying the ring made sense too, especially since Linda had found out and was going to use it for evil. I guess Doomsday killing Linda changes thing - he not taking the pills as long and Chloe finding out. For a moment I thought Clark had actually killed her. I will say the remaining episode titles have me stoked. However, I have to wonder if they already know if S9 is happening. Either way I feel like the final episode will be a letdown. If they come back the situation will be a weak cliffhanger. If they don't they'll wrap everything up in a rushed manner just to finish the storyline. Speaking of which, why couldn't something like this be spread out across several episodes - like a miniarc? Why do they feel the need to cram so much into a single episode?

I know a lot dislike the Clark/Lois angle, but I did enjoy the interaction between the two of them in the barn. And Durance was looking better than normal!!
Old 03-16-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Lois is back but when she is in love she gets all mopey and depressing.
A lot happened but then it was all undone by the ring so why should we care.
If Linda is water, how could she be smothered by a pillow?
They explained that if she is subject to an electric current, she stays "solid". So I imagined that those shackles she was wearing had a low-level current going through them.
Old 03-16-09, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07
You knew something was up at the beginning - especially when Lois found out within the first 15 minutes. I agree that the exchange between Linda and Clark was bad. Why is it that Tom feels the need to act like he's acting whenever he's chastising somebody? He's perfectly competent in scenes with Lois, but then when something like this comes by it's painful to watch.

I agree that Clark not waiting was bad, but acceptable. Destroying the ring made sense too, especially since Linda had found out and was going to use it for evil. I guess Doomsday killing Linda changes thing - he not taking the pills as long and Chloe finding out. For a moment I thought Clark had actually killed her. I will say the remaining episode titles have me stoked. However, I have to wonder if they already know if S9 is happening. Either way I feel like the final episode will be a letdown. If they come back the situation will be a weak cliffhanger. If they don't they'll wrap everything up in a rushed manner just to finish the storyline. Speaking of which, why couldn't something like this be spread out across several episodes - like a miniarc? Why do they feel the need to cram so much into a single episode?

I know a lot dislike the Clark/Lois angle, but I did enjoy the interaction between the two of them in the barn. And Durance was looking better than normal!!
It was announced in February that the show has been picked up for a 9th season... sadly.
Old 03-16-09, 03:13 PM

Good thing about this episode: Lois is back.