Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-09, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

I also got a backlog of the last 3-4 shows and so I stopped reading this thread. I ended up skimming through the 4th to last episode, skipping the next two (read some short synopses) and then skimming the finale. I still think it's a great show, but with summer here I didn't feel like spending several hours watching unlikable assholes in depressing situations.

Even though I don't feel completely entitled to an opinion I agree the plane crash seemed cheap, considering the large amount of buildup and to have it be only very tangentially connected to Walt's situation.
Old 06-05-09, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Dude - you missed out on some seriously GREAT TV, summer or not (and with the amount of shit on the air right now, you'll probably be jonesing for something to watch in a few weeks...)
Old 06-08-09, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just watched the finale. I held off on it for a week as I cleaned out the rest of the dvr, saving the best for last.

All I have to say is...BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION. With Battlestar Galactica and The Wire off the air and the tame 1st season gone and past (Rest in Hell Tuco...you ruined what could have been a great first season), I can easily say this season made this my new favorite show (followed closely by Dexter and In Treatment). Great ending to a perfect season.
Old 07-20-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, the wife and me just had a Breaking Bad marathon the last couple of weeks.
We bought the Season 1 dvd a few weeks ago and finally started watching 2 weeks ago. It went really fast since it was only 7 episodes. But of course we wanted more, specially after the finale.
So I knew that the season had just ended so no luck finding the DVD. I checked OnDemand, no luck either. But luckily the entire second season was available in the Playstation Store, and in HD!
So we bought the 13 episodes and started the second season marathon last Thursday. We finished early Sunday morning
I've loved the entire series so far, no let downs for me. The story is good but not great, it's the characters that make this show. The actors. Every one of them, even the ones I hate (I'm looking at you Skyler) are doing an excellent job. I really can see how they getting those Emmys.
Old 07-20-09, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't wait for season 3. I hope Bryan wins another Emmy.
Old 07-20-09, 05:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I may have to check out the Playstations store. I watched all season 2 episodes -- but don't have the final two! Talk about frustrating.
Old 08-14-09, 11:42 PM

I just spent last 3 evenings watching season 2. I agree with all that its is a fantastic show although I also agree the plane crash was totally unexpected, so i should say kudo's to the writers. i saw it coming at the beginning of the finale from the van but still wondered about the body/evidence bags outside the home.
All in all its been a great, although disturbing series so far and i'm really looking forward to season 3. Good job here on this thread.
Old 08-24-09, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bad news for Walt:

New meth formula avoids anti-drug laws

TULSA, Okla. (AP) - This is the new formula for methamphetamine: a two-liter soda bottle, a few handfuls of cold pills and some noxious chemicals. Shake the bottle and the volatile reaction produces one of the world's most addictive drugs.

Only a few years ago, making meth required an elaborate lab - with filthy containers simmering over open flames, cans of flammable liquids and hundreds of pills. The process gave off foul odors, sometimes sparked explosions and was so hard to conceal that dealers often "cooked" their drugs in rural areas.

But now drug users are making their own meth in small batches using a faster, cheaper and much simpler method with ingredients that can be carried in a knapsack and mixed on the run. The "shake-and-bake" approach has become popular because it requires a relatively small number of pills of the decongestant pseudoephedrine - an amount easily obtained under even the toughest anti-meth laws that have been adopted across the nation to restrict large purchases of some cold medication.

"Somebody somewhere said 'Wait this requires a lot less pseudoephedrine, and I can fly under the radar,'" said Mark Woodward, spokesman for the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Control.

The do-it-yourself method creates just enough meth for a few hits, allowing users to make their own doses instead of buying mass-produced drugs from a dealer.

"It simplified the process so much that everybody's making their own dope,"
said Kevin Williams, sheriff of Marion County, Ala., about 80 miles west of Birmingham. "It can be your next-door neighbor doing it. It can be one of your family members living downstairs in the basement."
Old 08-26-09, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
Bad news for Walt:
Maybe this is a storyline angle they'll try incorporating. Since Walt apparently cooks the best meth, I could see him strongarming that angle through.
Old 01-13-10, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone seen this promo for Season 3?

Spoiler:
Gustavo says to Walt: "I have an offer that I think would be of interest to you. Three million dollars for three months of your time."

I hate that we have to wait two more months.
Old 02-08-10, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is that promo online anywhere?

Thanks
Old 02-08-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tbird2340
Is that promo online anywhere?

Thanks
Right here. (Along with some other short ones).
Old 03-10-10, 11:02 AM

FYI, AMC has late night encore airings of both season 1 and 2 beginning this week. Full schedule here:

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...ht-encores.php
Old 03-10-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
FYI, AMC has late night encore airings of both season 1 and 2 beginning this week. Full schedule here:

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...ht-encores.php

THANK YOU for this! I've been trying to get my sister to watch, now maybe she will. Although I see she may have missed the first two episodes. Oh well, maybe she can get them elsewhere.

I also want to reenter my vote to have separate threads for each episode this season. I remember last season some of us couldn't read this thread because we were a bit behind.
Old 03-10-10, 12:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I'll do the weekly threads. Just watched S1/S2 over the past few days (never seen the show before!) and was amazed how damn good it was.
Old 03-10-10, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep. Can't wait for season 3.
Old 03-10-10, 04:30 PM

when does the new season start?
Old 03-10-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

March 21.

There is a link to some video promos above.
Old 03-10-10, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just ordered Season 1 off Amazon. The price has been lowered to $17.49 for anyone interested. Can't wait for this to start up again. Best show currently on tv.
Old 03-10-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What kind of Breaking Bad criminal are you? Criminal Aptitude Test

My result:

Old 03-17-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fire up the DVRs, Sunday can't get her soon enough! Was going to start a season 3 thread, but looks like we are going to do weekly threads. I only watch a handful of shows, mostly garbage, but this show is hands down the best show on tv right now. Probably preaching to the choir, but if you haven't checked out this show yet, do so, it's solid. Looks like Cranston is directing the first episode, should be a great start to the season.
Old 03-17-10, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Love the show, but the S2 finale was a bit disappointing, although I don't remember exactly what happened now. I think it was the fact that it was an air traffic controller being distracted and the resulting plane crash that caused the havoc at Walt's place?

At any rate...there was a commercial on some DirecTV channel the other day that was in HD, and DirecTV doesn't even have AMC in HD. That was sort of a kick in the balls.
Old 03-17-10, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone get the Season 2 DVD? Wanna buy it but whats the best price?
Old 03-17-10, 06:58 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Both Amazon and Best Buy (both in-store and online) are selling the standard DVD for $24.99 this week. That's the cheapest I've seen it.
Old 03-19-10, 09:16 AM

My BD arrived yesterday -- now comes the fun challenge of seeing if I can cram in all 13 episodes from season 2 in time for Sunday night's premiere.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.