TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Old 03-06-09, 05:26 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 2,588
Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Set your DVRs, this Sunday March 8, season 2 begins. I can't wait.

Here's a pretty good article I found on the show with some minor spoilers, as far as theme, for Season 2 at the end of the article.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2534138.story



http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/526...iscussion.html


ETA: Also, found a clip from Season 2.

http://tv.yahoo.com/breaking-bad/show/40954/videos

Last edited by Duh Vuh Duh; 03-06-09 at 05:39 PM.
Duh Vuh Duh is offline  
Old 03-06-09, 05:31 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 6,998
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Hopefully they kill off Tuco's character. His horrible acting was way too distracting and ruined the end of the season for me.
dino88 is offline  
Old 03-06-09, 09:00 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 306
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

I loved watching this in HD last year. I have since moved to an apartment complex that has an agreement with Dish Network, so no AMC HD for me.
Dan G is offline  
Old 03-07-09, 05:44 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Rubix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 795
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

i watched all 7 season 1 eps back to back during an amc marathon. this show kicks ass. it's like bill nye the science guy gone bad.
Rubix is offline  
Old 03-08-09, 03:29 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: A National Park
Posts: 4,964
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
i watched all 7 season 1 eps back to back during an amc marathon. this show kicks ass. it's like bill nye the science guy gone bad.
When was that? Id like to see this show but not without seeing the first season. Im not buying the set either. Why the hell isnt this show on hulu or online?
Ravenous is offline  
Old 03-08-09, 04:50 PM
  #6  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,661
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
When was that? Id like to see this show but not without seeing the first season. Im not buying the set either. Why the hell isnt this show on hulu or online?
i think it was 7 hours last night (sat).
OldBoy is offline  
Old 03-08-09, 04:53 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,769
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to this one.
Palaver is offline  
Old 03-08-09, 10:01 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 11,568
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Daaaaaamn. Good stuff. Things sure seem to be moving fast, how many episodes is this season supposed to be? And have they ever said how many seasons there will be?
aktick is offline  
Old 03-08-09, 10:02 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dr Mabuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge...
Posts: 18,950
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Took up right where I left off, and a great episode tonight.

I can spot all the externals in this show which adds to it for me, I drove by one of their sets recently.
Dr Mabuse is offline  
Old 03-08-09, 11:36 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

I just got into this show and I'm addicted.

Originally Posted by Dan G View Post
I loved watching this in HD last year. I have since moved to an apartment complex that has an agreement with Dish Network, so no AMC HD for me.
That sucks.

I'm glad I have Cablevision - they'll go balls out for AMC because they own the network.
DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 03-09-09, 12:49 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Raleighwood
Posts: 6,644
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Wow, great start to the season. Walt's really moving to the dark side, plotting his second murder with no plans to stop cooking meth.

Was there any resolution to the one-eyed stuffed animal in the pool? Looked like it was blown there by an explosion.

Originally Posted by aktick View Post
Daaaaaamn. Good stuff. Things sure seem to be moving fast, how many episodes is this season supposed to be? And have they ever said how many seasons there will be?
13 episodes for this season. I can't see this show going past two or three seasons, what with Walt's terminal cancer and all.
Fist of Doom is offline  
Old 03-09-09, 06:20 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 943
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
Wow, great start to the season. Walt's really moving to the dark side, plotting his second murder with no plans to stop cooking meth.

Was there any resolution to the one-eyed stuffed animal in the pool? Looked like it was blown there by an explosion.
Nope, no resolution to that yet.

13 episodes for this season. I can't see this show going past two or three seasons, what with Walt's terminal cancer and all.
True, but how much time has passed since the pilot, though? It seems like it's been maybe a month or so.
xVladx is offline  
Old 03-09-09, 09:31 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 4,524
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Great episode - Glad that this is back! and nice to see this in HD.

I like the whole "how are you going to do it?" conversation. When you start to think about it, killing someone is not as easy as pulling a trigger.
CPA-ESQ. is offline  
Old 03-09-09, 10:11 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Anyone find it comical that Walt was trying to take "The Mask" from behind in their kitchen? Just struck me funny.
Patman is offline  
Old 03-09-09, 10:58 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 2,588
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by aktick View Post
Daaaaaamn. Good stuff. Things sure seem to be moving fast, how many episodes is this season supposed to be? And have they ever said how many seasons there will be?
Yeah solid episode as usual, they definitely hit the ground running. Love how the upped the stakes right away with Tuco finding out where Walt lives, can't wait for the eventual showdown between them.
Duh Vuh Duh is offline  
Old 03-09-09, 12:26 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,531
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Really great episode. I thought it was funny how much their son grew in the span of a day. I"m just wondering if they are going to keep the secret of Walt cooking from his wife and brother in law for the entire season or series.
paradicelost is offline  
Old 03-09-09, 03:17 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Very far away..
Posts: 4,487
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Man this is quality tv. Just great!
Gunde is offline  
Old 03-10-09, 10:03 AM
  #18  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Loved it! Glad it's back.
slideways is offline  
Old 03-10-09, 10:40 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,861
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

I felt this new episode was far too contrived - from his brother-in-law sending him that photo, at just the right time to set things in motion, to him clearing out the money from the vent, setting up their discovery, etc - it just felt too constructed and not at all natural.
slop101 is offline  
Old 03-10-09, 11:52 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,741
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

So, what's the speculation on Tuco wanting Walt and Jesse? Maybe when his henchmen goon disappeared, he thought they had something to do with it? Or, is it something more simple as he's a crazy, paranoid drug dealer and he doesn't trust them.
Deftones is offline  
Old 03-10-09, 12:07 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,861
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
So, what's the speculation on Tuco wanting Walt and Jesse? Maybe when his henchmen goon disappeared, he thought they had something to do with it? Or, is it something more simple as he's a crazy, paranoid drug dealer and he doesn't trust them.
No - obviously he was there when the car fell on his fat goon, not being able to do anything about it and understanding that the police will come after him for suspected murder, he's going after the "smart" meth guy to help him clean his mess up.
slop101 is offline  
Old 03-10-09, 12:12 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,741
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
No - obviously he was there when the car fell on his fat goon, not being able to do anything about it and understanding that the police will come after him for suspected murder, he's going after the "smart" meth guy to help him clean his mess up.
ok, see i interpreted it as something else. i interpreted the crime scene as the big goon put the guy in there when tuco told him, but went back later to get him out and give him a proper burial type thing. since he was complaining about leaving him there to tuco.
Deftones is offline  
Old 03-10-09, 12:20 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dr Mabuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge...
Posts: 18,950
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
ok, see i interpreted it as something else. i interpreted the crime scene as the big goon put the guy in there when tuco told him, but went back later to get him out and give him a proper burial type thing. since he was complaining about leaving him there to tuco.
That's what the most likely scenario is, it was my first suspicion.

The big guy went back later, and merely voiced his concerns at the time.

But Slop may have something too... tune in to the next episode to find out!

I liked the cliff hanger ending either way.
Dr Mabuse is offline  
Old 03-10-09, 02:05 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 4,524
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I felt this new episode was far too contrived - from his brother-in-law sending him that photo, at just the right time to set things in motion, to him clearing out the money from the vent, setting up their discovery, etc - it just felt too constructed and not at all natural.
True - True!

But they have to move the show along, or else it could turn into a Sopranos type of show where nothing happens, and the fans keep speculating on what is going to happen.
CPA-ESQ. is offline  
Old 03-10-09, 03:04 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,861
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
ok, see i interpreted it as something else. i interpreted the crime scene as the big goon put the guy in there when tuco told him, but went back later to get him out and give him a proper burial type thing. since he was complaining about leaving him there to tuco.
I just assumed they all came together in the one car, so Tuco would just wait for him to hide the body in the car pile and they'd leave together.
slop101 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.