Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "The Eclipse Part 2" -- 12/1/08

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You don't remember Sylar getting on top of Elle, whispering villainous sweet nothings to her, and then proceeded to slice open her forehead?
Old 12-02-08, 11:52 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
To be fair, they didn't show her dead body, so maybe Sylaer stopped shoret of killing her.

Or maybe someone will inject her corpse with some of Claire's blood to revive her after the negative fan reaction to her death comes to Kring's attention.
Old 12-02-08, 11:55 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandoman
To be fair, they didn't show her dead body, so maybe Sylaer stopped shoret of killing her.

Or maybe someone will inject her corpse with some of Claire's blood to revive her after the negative fan reaction to her death comes to Kring's attention.
Bingo. Fuller will fix this...
Old 12-02-08, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The eclipse ..... an alignment of heavenly bodies ..... probably next season (if there is one) instead of checking out comic books, they'll be reading the daily horoscope.
Old 12-02-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
The whole lost powers/return of powers thing for no reason really drives me up the wall. There should have been more repercussions of the event instead of just going back to the status quo. At least have everyone's powers reset to factory default. Or have some of the non-super powered cast get powers suddenly while others lose them all together.

Just pointless.
Old 12-02-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish we had a better understanding of how these powers work. Some are natural. Some are artificially engineered. Some of them started during a previous eclipse. Some worked before. They all are rendered null during an eclipse, but they still work at night time.
Old 12-02-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The Valeyard
The whole lost powers/return of powers thing for no reason really drives me up the wall. There should have been more repercussions of the event instead of just going back to the status quo. At least have everyone's powers reset to factory default. Or have some of the non-super powered cast get powers suddenly while others lose them all together.

Just pointless.
I have to agree. There was basically no point to the eclipse. Nothing changed at all.
Old 12-02-08, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Palaver
I wish we had a better understanding of how these powers work. Some are natural. Some are artificially engineered. Some of them started during a previous eclipse. Some worked before. They all are rendered null during an eclipse, but they still work at night time.
This especially bugs me. They try to make us all believe that all the powers started in the first episode with the eclipse but they clearly did not. That's why the company a)existed in the first place and b) they were looking for powers. This whole concept is terribly confusing and needs to be cleared up.
Old 12-02-08, 01:20 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Maybe the Eclipe unlocks new "potential" Heroes while also affecting the older? Maybe this is a way for them to introduce newer Heroes who just had their power unlocked?
Old 12-02-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
It will not be cleared up because the writers don't have a plan. They do not show consistency. Week after week after week they prove this, and we aren't supposed to notice? I like a lot of these characters. I like a show about super powers. I am willing to forgive a lot of stupidity, but this is just getting ridiculous. The inconsistencies with the powers, the mechanics of how Claire's healing power works, and Sylar's motives are absurd.

By the way I laughed at Seth's speech about how normal people can be heroes. You don't have to be a millionaire or an alien to be a hero? Umm, this show is NOT about normal people being heroes. It is about abnormal people, WITH SUPERPOWERS, being heroes.

With this episode we have learned that Sylar and Claire CANNOT be killed. Well, except that Peter has the same power, and has been. Or well maybe they can if they get to be Adam's age and there is another eclipse because they will be too old to survive without powers. Wait, except maybe Adam can be brought back to life if you just inject Claire's blood into his ashes. I think they should try that next.
Old 12-02-08, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Maybe the Eclipe unlocks new "potential" Heroes while also affecting the older? Maybe this is a way for them to introduce newer Heroes who just had their power unlocked?
There's already about 16 Heroes too many.
Old 12-02-08, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by marty888
The eclipse ..... an alignment of heavenly bodies ..... probably next season (if there is one) instead of checking out comic books, they'll be reading the daily horoscope.
I'm still confused about how a total eclipse could occur simultaneously (or just in the same day) in Haiti, Kansas, New Jersey and Costa Verde.
Old 12-02-08, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by mnementh
I'm still confused about how a total eclipse could occur simultaneously (or just in the same day) in Haiti, Kansas, New Jersey and Costa Verde.
That bugged me at first too. I just had to let that one go. In a world where one of their top scientific minds is Suresh, obviously they play by a different set of physics rules than we do.
Old 12-02-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I especially liked how the eclipse made Daphne a cripple again but the Haitian's presence only made her normal speed, not crippled. Nice plot hole!

BTW she's the cutest chick on any tv show ever so I don't particularly care
Old 12-02-08, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by El Scorcho
I especially liked how the eclipse made Daphne a cripple again but the Haitian's presence only made her normal speed, not crippled. Nice plot hole!

BTW she's the cutest chick on any tv show ever so I don't particularly care
Ugh, I don't even think she's the fourth cutest chick on the show, let alone ever. I'd rather bang Peter's mother. But to each his own.
Old 12-02-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
That is the dumbest part. So future Peter gets kill by a gun because the Haitian blocked his power. Claire and Sylar are dead without their power but fucking back alive when they have their power return. WTF? I still love this show but they shouldn't pull shit outa their ass whenever they feel like it.
I thought future Peter should have healed once his powers stopped being blocked because his powers should kick in even if he was dead.

"""Because it makes any plot line in which we are supposed to worry about characters dying have no believability. If they keep putting characters in harms way, and they keep getting injured, but fail to stay injured or even die, then why do we even care anymore?"""
I am fine with it, I do not want to see main characters die, I see no point in that, however, maybe something important should have happened with the eclipse to change something. Another thing that I find odd about the show is a character that can just remove someones power, it is in their DNA, and it can just be removed like that, sure a lot of power takers on this show.

I like Peter having that much power and a villain to fight on the same level, I do wonder how many people feel there should have never been any super characters like that?

X-Men never went as far as to allow them to keep the powers they are around because it would make them far too powerful.

Last edited by Xiroteus; 12-02-08 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-02-08, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Another thing that I find odd about the show is a character that can just remove someones power, it is in their DNA, and it can just be removed like that, sure a lot of power takers on this show.
There's got to be more to these powers than just DNA though. DNA might help someone with healing or with mind reading. But DNA isn't going to give someone the ability to defy gravity or teleport through time and space.
Old 12-02-08, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Am I alone? I'm getting real bored with Heroes.
Old 12-02-08, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I have to agree. There was basically no point to the eclipse. Nothing changed at all.
This was my main complaint about this week's show. Well this, and Nathan suddenly going to his father's side because he sees how much good people with powers can do. Wait, the bad guy with powers was what started the mess! And you think somehow you'll be able to limit the superpowers to just "good" guys? And that'll solve the world's problems? After you see that your dad is willing to kill his own son (Peter) to get his way? And you go along with him? After your brother TOLD you that in the "bad" future, you change sides? Is Claire's stupidity inherited from Nathan?

I'm sure Tracy will take all the credit in convincing Nathan to switch. Unbelievable. I mean, I expect Mohinder, in his stupidity, to go right back, but Nathan?

As far as the episode itself, I liked the flow of it. I liked that they didn't draw out the Haitian plot into more episodes, like they would have in season 2. The fake deaths in this show with Sylar and Claire were just not effective, but that's mainly due to them pulling the same trick out of their hat every few episodes. And Hiro actually did something useful.

They also tricked me... I thought for sure Peter would get his powers back after the Eclipse when he went alone against the gunmen, and it makes sense that he didn't.

I also liked how they finally just read the damn comic book to find out what was going to happen next, and then gave a logical explanation on why they can't do that in the future.
Old 12-02-08, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mnementh
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
Perhaps they should change to show's title from HEROES to HOLES and challenge viewers to see how many can be found in each episode.
Old 12-02-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
Ugh, I don't even think she's the fourth cutest chick on the show, let alone ever. I'd rather bang Peter's mother. But to each his own.
YGOS?

Old 12-02-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
She reminds me of Chianna from Farscape.
Old 12-02-08, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by marty888
Perhaps they should change to show's title from HEROES to HOLES and challenge viewers to see how many can be found in each episode.
How about a drinking game? That sounds much more fun.
Old 12-02-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Wait, except maybe Adam can be brought back to life if you just inject Claire's blood into his ashes.
So Pa Patrelli stole Adam's powers, which aged him to dust and killed him. It's a good thing Adam never had to live through any eclipses during his lifetime that would have, you know, stolen his powers and killed him.
Old 12-02-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thought the episode was decent. the whole comic book store scenes were pretty funny IMO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.