Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Legend of the Seeker

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Legend of the Seeker

I have the last 8 episodes queued up. It's one of those shows that I have to be in the mood for. Usually that means the episodes stack up and every few weeks I have a mini-marathon, but this show doesn't suck me into marathon viewing. So the backlog has been getting bigger all season.

Honestly, one of the reasons I haven't been to into the show is that I got the impression, either from the show itself or just an assumption because I know it's based on a large book series, that they would never make much progress on their quest to kill Rahl. From the comments in this thread it seems I was wrong, which is encouraging.
Old 06-08-09, 04:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I watched the whole season and thought it was pretty good. Count me in for the next season!
Old 06-08-09, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My local station just started the season over. I'm 2 eps in and like what I've seen so far.
Old 06-09-09, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked it, too. I think it looks great in HD. I wonder if I would be watching it if it was not in HD? Hmmm...

Anyway. Yes I knew (since my gf read all the books) that Rahl is just the first step in the story. There was a clunker or two along the way (I'm looking at you, magic painter) but all in all good stuff.

I really enjoyed the episode dealing with the last Seeker and Confessor and how their lives ended (and continued). I wouldn't mind more flashbacks dealing with Seeker lore.

I want to see Zedd stretch his wizard legs and throwdown alot more magic, though.
Old 11-09-09, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well the new season started this weekend. I thought it was pretty good. The only disappointing bit is that they kept Darken Rahl around, kind of. I was hoping they would be done with him. Still, some good action and nice twists in the story. And an extra helping of hot chicks.

As much as I love Bridget Regan adding another full time hottie to the group is nice. Also, Charisma Carpenter looks amazing for 39. She looked a little older than the rest of the hot lesbians (I can't remember what they are called) but then again most of them were probably half her age. I was hoping she would be a new reoccurring guest, but I read online it was a one time appearance. Too bad Cara never got that extra time with her. Regarding the kiss I was going to grab a screen cap but I couldn't really get a good one. While I was looking I noticed that while they cut to a closeup of their lips to show that Charisma wasn't really into it, she sure was puckering up when they went in for the kiss in the wide shot.
Old 11-09-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

I've been watching this show late at night and although it's corny as hell it's still pretty decent. I kinda wish I had watched every ep in order but oh well.
Old 11-09-09, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Wasnt Richard his son in the books? It has been a while since i read them so i may be confused. Really enjoy this show.
Old 11-09-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you folks like this just wait until Game of Thrones makes it onto HBO..lol
Old 11-09-09, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Wasnt Richard his son in the books? It has been a while since i read them so i may be confused. Really enjoy this show.
Yes. Why are they changing SO many things? I watched the first episode of the new season and I'm just done with the whole thing. Maybe if I didn't read the books I'd stick with it but I just can't do it. They're changing a less than stellar book series in ways that make it far worse, not better.
Old 11-10-09, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone know if WGN plays this in HD?

I get this on two local channels, but neither broadcast it in HD.
Old 11-10-09, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Does anyone know if WGN plays this in HD?
Yes it does.
Old 11-11-09, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Yes it does.
Does your cable system have WGN in HD? Mine (Comcast) doesn't. LotS is shown in 16x9 SD on WGN. Heck, you can't even get LotS S1 on Blu-ray, it's only available on DVD. I get LotS in HD only because it's also being carried on the local CW affiliate, which has an HD feed.
Old 11-11-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, my cable system has WGN in HD and as far as I know it's my only option to watch it in HD. My CBS affiliate carried it last year, but it wasn't in HD or even widescreen on their HD channel. Apparently they didn't have the correct equipment to get it in HD and I haven't checked to see if it's any different this year for them.
Old 11-16-09, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm all ready to watch my first Seeker episode in HD on WGN only to find out DirecTV doesn't carry WGN in HD.
Old 11-16-09, 08:17 AM

The first season is available on Netflix instant watch. It is in HD.
Old 12-26-09, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can never seem to catch this on tv. Just started S2 on hulu and love it. I've never read the books so I don't notice any of the errors. Richard has two smokin hotties with him now instead on just 1.
Old 12-26-09, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I believe this was picked up for a second season, so I'm trying to be careful to avoid spoilers.

I just watched the first two episodes (seemed like one long pilot really) and enjoyed them. The acting was good, the people seemed to fit their roles, the pacing was great and the plot moved along enough to introduce the background and story. Sure it seems a bit generic, but sometimes I think that's a good thing especially in a context such as this. It's familiar and welcoming.

Hopefully since it was picked up for a second season that is a good sign.
Old 12-26-09, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RM811
The first season is available on Netflix instant watch. It is in HD.
I just noticed a few days ago that the second (current) season is also available.

Considering this show is available to me on three different channels and none of them show it in HD, Netflix might be the route to take from now on.

Netflix has all six 2nd season episodes so far. Hopefully, new episodes are posted fairly quickly after broadcast.
Old 12-26-09, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
I'm all ready to watch my first Seeker episode in HD on WGN only to find out DirecTV doesn't carry WGN in HD.
Neither does Comcast. I watch it in HD on the local Fox affiliate.
Old 01-03-10, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Well I got through the first season. I agree that it is rather cliche, but it is done so well that it's enjoyable. I don't think I've ever found myself looking at the clock during any of the episodes. They also managed to mix up the story lines to give the actors/actresses a chance to stretch their legs. I'm surprised that were so much resolution by the end of season 1. Had they finished filming most of it before they were picked up for a second (which I noticed was January of 2009). The show had only been on the air for a month or two by then.

I did watch the first episode of S2 and they were very quick to mix up the entire world to set up the rest of season 2. Talk about twisting fates and roles. I'm very much looking forward to the remainder of season 2, but I think I'll probably let more episodes build up on Netflix before I proceed. Plus with Chuck, Lost and hiatus for other fall shows lifting soon I'll be strapped for time.

Any word on a third season as of yet?
Old 02-02-10, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was really hoping for an epic Mother Confessor vs. T'Pol knife fight, but what we got was just as good.

Great trilogy over the last few weeks.
Old 02-02-10, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thankfully get the show in HD, and for 'fantasy fluff' it sure looks good for TV.

I have these stacking up on the DVR and I just watched the 2nd ep Baneling. That's dang near the most violent hour of TV I've seen in a while. Throats getting slit all over the place. Loved it!!!
Old 02-02-10, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

You should check out Spartacus on Starz if the blood is your thing.
Old 02-02-10, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

It probably is not a good place to start the series from as a viewer, but more people need to check out season two of this show. One of the more entertaining shows on right now. The show has definitely ramped up the sex and violence in the second season.