Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Legend of the Seeker

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-08, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here it is SPOILERS. And it definitely looks legit. The first time I saw it the pics weren't coming up, some of them still aren't, but a few are and they look like legit screencaps from a rough cut.

Here's a good one that I copied in case the originals flake out again. For those who just want to see what a certain person looks like in her tight leather outfit with a certain blunt object. Plot spoiler if you haven't read the book.
Spoiler:
Old 12-17-08, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Well...that's actually somewhat promising.

I hold no hope it'll actually be handled well though.
Old 12-17-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My GF read ALL of those books and was very interested in this show. Since I'm the one with the HDTV I was charged with DVR'ing them for her.

I like it well enough. Nothing wrong with it. She on the other hand gasps out loud about every 10 mins when something is different than the book. She likes it too, but seems to be more watching it just for the book differences.
Old 12-17-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
My GF read ALL of those books and was very interested in this show. Since I'm the one with the HDTV I was charged with DVR'ing them for her.

I like it well enough. Nothing wrong with it. She on the other hand gasps out loud about every 10 mins when something is different than the book. She likes it too, but seems to be more watching it just for the book differences.
I am the first person to say that a book is a book and a movie is a movie (see my zero problems with changes to Harry Potter or LOTR). But this isn't even the same universe. Character names, places and a VERY thin connection to the main story of the first book. Otherwise, it might as well have nothing to do with the Sword of Truth series.
Old 01-05-09, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Has anyone read about how this is doing ratings-wise?

My local channel which carries the show no longer has it on their schedule. I know a new episode is expected this weekend too. I can't believe local ratings have been so bad that they're dropping it from the late Saturday hour they had been showing it.
Old 01-05-09, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew

My local channel which carries the show no longer has it on their schedule. I know a new episode is expected this weekend too. I can't believe local ratings have been so bad that they're dropping it from the late Saturday hour they had been showing it.
According to this link it's averaging a 1.9, which it says is down 53% from the premiere but is about in line with the 2nd episode, so hopefully it's at least holding steady.
Old 01-05-09, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Legend of the Seeker

My local station shows it 11PM Sunday night, so a 1.9 for slots like that probably isn't too bad.

The show site says "Denna" is on this weekend, but according to both myway and TVGuide my local station is showing a repeat of "Identity" this week. Myway has an episode called "Puppeteer" next week while TVGuide has "Denna".
Old 01-09-09, 07:51 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I was cloning computers in the lab yesterday and watched the first three eps on Hulu.

Not bad.

I'll watch a few more this weekend and see if I still like it.
Old 01-09-09, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew

Well, it must of just been a temporary thing: it's back on the station's schedule for this weekend.
Old 01-09-09, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The last two episodes have only been recorded for 30 mins each on my DVR in Dallas, Time Warner. The 2nd half, to be exact.

Stupid syndicated shows and automatic timed digital recording devices.
Old 01-15-09, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So we watched Identity and Denna last night.

Lot's of good stuff in the Denna episode....inlcuding the actress that plays Denna. Yum.

From what I can pick up from Google searches the show is doing fine in the ratings. Hopefully it will continue. I need a show for mindless fantasy now that Atlantis is gone.
Old 01-26-09, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shows been getting real good and 'tighter' Though they have alot of episodes surrounding kids (did the seeker have to save kids in the book?), I like how they stay darker in the sense of killing people freely.

Plus Michael Hurst is directing a few episodes already and that is fucking awesome. I got my fingers crossed he comes out as a semi regular eventually.
Old 01-26-09, 03:00 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

FYI,

Its been renewed for a second season.
Old 01-31-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
FYI,

Glad to hear it. Do we have a link?
Old 02-01-09, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
FYI,

If true, There is a God! But give a link.
Old 02-01-09, 11:08 PM

'Seeker' gets second look
Disney renews drama for second season
By CYNTHIA LITTLETON

'Legend of the Seeker'
Tribune has renewed Disney's and Sam Raimi's 'Legend of the Seeker,' for a second season in syndication.

Disney's experiment in reviving the firstrun syndie drama biz with the Sam Raimi-produced "Legend of the Seeker" has paid off with a second-season renewal on the Tribune Broadcasting stations.

Filmed in New Zealand and based on Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" book series, "Seeker" has delivered a credible 2.0 household rating or so in its run to date. It scored a 1.6 household rating for the week ended Jan. 11.

Its two-hour preem in November posted a 2.9, indicating an appetite among viewers for the kitschy fantasy-action genre that peaked in the late 1990s with "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and "Xena: Warrior Princess."
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1
Old 03-02-09, 02:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Shows been getting real good and 'tighter' Though they have alot of episodes surrounding kids (did the seeker have to save kids in the book?), I like how they stay darker in the sense of killing people freely.

Plus Michael Hurst is directing a few episodes already and that is fucking awesome. I got my fingers crossed he comes out as a semi regular eventually.
Hurst was on the last episode, Revenant, which was great to see!
Old 03-02-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

The writing for the show has improved as the season has progressed. So far they seem to be taking the show more seriously than the direction either Hercules or Xena went in, which I agree with.
Old 03-03-09, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 0073735963
Hurst was on the last episode, Revenant, which was great to see!
Ohh hell yea; it was an awesome episode too. I liked the ghost effects. But it pisses me off that he wont be a semi regular. I was hoping theyd cast his as DrakenRahls evil wizard to fight Zed.

Im glad this show is serious (so far), I mean it has to be when theyre actually killing people. But I fear them doing an ep where its today real life and the actors are portraying Tapert and Riami, etc.
Old 03-03-09, 02:25 PM

Zed never answered the question about the previous Seeker's magic powers. What's up with that?
Old 06-08-09, 02:38 AM

So am I the only one that watching this till the end?

It was a great damn season and they wrapped it up like a series finale. Doing some research it seems that there are bigger things to come as per the books, so I am really wanting season 2.

I loved this show. Best Ive seen on TV since Rome. Cant WAIT for the DVDs!
Old 06-08-09, 06:05 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I wanted to watch it, but the syndicated station it was run on near me did it absolutely NO justice at all. It showed all over the place, sometimes after sporting events... sometimes Saturday nights at 11pm, other times scattered during the day. My DVR was never able to record anything consistently, so I gave up.
Old 06-08-09, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched the entire season, I'm certainly in for the next one. Although, I don't really know where they go from here.
Old 06-08-09, 08:34 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I caught the first few eps, but then decided I would wait for the DVDs and watch them that way.

When are they coming out?
Old 06-08-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I stuck through the whole season and enjoyed it. The season finale in particular was a lot of fun. My local station didn't jerk it around too much (I just missed one episode where they pushed it back an hour and my DVR recorded the original timeslot), but they were very reluctant to air it in HD. I think only 4 or 5 episodes total this season were hi-def. I'm definitely in for a season 2.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.