Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "the Beginning Of the End" -- 01.31.2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Hell no. I don't think Sayid has trusted John since he clubbed him in season one. Sayid knows John is always doing shit to keep them on the island.
Yep. The moment he first sees him in this episode Sayid is berating him about the submarine incident.
Old 02-01-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by treszoks
Where did you get this idea from?

Just crazy talk.
Old 02-01-08, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Spoiler:
I read something similar recently. It ties in with Desmond's vision of Claire and the baby getting on the helicopter. The spoiler is that Claire gets tossed out into the ocean and the "rescue people" take the baby, perhaps giving him to someone.

Old 02-01-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by achau9598
redtum - nicely done. but I have a question .. Locke planted the seed about "Charlie dying for nothing." How did Locke know Charlie was dead? He ran off after throwing the knife, and reappeared when Hurley arrived at the house.
Locke accesess DVDtalk through Walt - Duh.
Old 02-01-08, 02:42 PM

Odd thing we just notcied:
My wife noticed this last night - the Lost logo shows a city reflection in the water. It isn't always like that but I think it was in either the past/present/future episode or the premier.

Sorry - no screen caps. I wish I was that tech saavy!
Old 02-01-08, 02:44 PM

One thing we don't know is whether or not the "Oceanic Six" are the only ones to get off the island. If Ben or Juliet were to get off the island, would they be considered part of the Oceanic group, since they were not, in fact, on the Oceanic flight that crashed onto the island?

-J
Old 02-01-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by jjamesc
One thing we don't know is whether or not the "Oceanic Six" are the only ones to get off the island.
Spoiler:

Based on the spoilers I've read, they are. There are actually seven, and you can guess why #7 wasn't considered part of the six
Old 02-01-08, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
Old 02-01-08, 03:32 PM

Spoilers have been out for a while now regarding the identity of the Oceanic 6 as well as that particular spoiler you pointed out.
Old 02-01-08, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just saw this screenshot. Very interesting.

Old 02-01-08, 04:32 PM
Banned

^it looks like a shark is going to eat (the) Sun....Is this a major clue or just my imagination at work...
I still say the Oceanic 6 are:
1. Jack
2. Kate
3. Hurley
4. Desmond (?)
5. Michael
6. Walt

Last edited by chris_sc77; 02-01-08 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-01-08, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

what's the deal with the cap of charlie's hand? did i miss that last night?
Old 02-01-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

in case anyone still hasn't found it, here is mobisode #13 that i found....interesting to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X9M0FTWACU
Old 02-01-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
^it looks like a shark is going to eat (the) Sun....Is this a major clue or just my imagination at work...
I still say the Oceanic 6 are:
1. Jack
2. Kate
3. Hurley
4. Desmond (?)
5. Michael
6. Walt
Can't be Michael and Walt, they are already off the island.
Old 02-01-08, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Completely gripping and compelling episode.
Old 02-01-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Can't be Michael and Walt, they are already off the island.
So they can't be considered survivors, just because they got off the island before everyone else?
Old 02-01-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones
So they can't be considered survivors, just because they got off the island before everyone else?
What?

The Oceanic Six are the six rescued from the Island at the same time. Those two are already gone.

Besides, from numerous spoilers
Spoiler:
that list is wrong anyway
Old 02-01-08, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Spoiler:
I don't think they can be the same thing. The others have a giant electrical fence to keep the smoke monster out, but Jacob's cabin is easily accessible.
Spoiler:
I'd have to watch the episode with Ben's background again, but I know Ben had an encounter with the smoke monster early on. Could it be that he learned how to have some kind of relationship with the monster and was protective of it? That he also was jealous of anybody else who showed they could have a relationship with the monster? He can't apparently approach the cabin at will...only with extreme caution...so it's not exactly a buddy/buddy relationship, and also keep in mind Jacob hates technology and perhaps the electric fence managed to keep Jacob away from destroying the Dharma barracks because of the technology, and that might be why the other hubs were buried deep under ground with vault like doors.

Ok...I feel I am rambling a bit...but my point is that Ben seemed to develop some kind of relationship with the smoke monster at an early age. Ben is jealous of anybody else who has a relationship with the monster/Jacob, and that's why nobody else has seen Jacob or the smoke monster...Ben has kept them from coming in contact with him/it because he doesn't want anybody else to get closer to him. He shot Locke because of Locke's relationship with Jacob and if I recall right -- and I really have to watch the first two seasons again-- Locke seemed to develop some kind of relationship with the smoke monster early on as well. So that's why I think they are one and the same.
Old 02-01-08, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mmconhea
was it me, or did the opening sequence seem weak? I thought the series permier, second and third season openers were phenominal sequences, but a cheesy car chase? It's didn't really reveal much.
I felt like it was leading up to another "Razzle dazzle" moment, from whatever TV show they were filming in that episode in season 3 with Billy Dee Williams. Not exactly the strongest way to begin the season, I agree. Maybe they didn't have time for some good rewrites before the strike and had to go with what they had.
Old 02-01-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
If they go with some clone angle I will be supremely disappointed. IMO that would be a total copout from the writers. Too easy to just say "hey they're clones, that explains everything".

They won't go in that direction. Everybody thought they were leading us that there dinosaurs on the island in the first season and we see where that went. This show is all about making think or expect one thing and giving you something you didn't see coming but fits in with the rest of the pieces when you look back at it.

Last edited by calhoun07; 02-02-08 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-01-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the contents of this thread were more exciting than the episode. To me it was like 20 minutes of plot stretched out over an hour and it ended just as it was starting to get good. however the mobisode linked here as well as the screen caps are very cool.
I'd say it's my least favorite season opener. I still think Season 2's opener was stellar after the disappointment that was Season 1's finale and not finding out what was in the hatch.
Old 02-01-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk God

What?

The Oceanic Six are the six rescued from the Island at the same time. Those two are already gone.

Besides, from numerous spoilers
Spoiler:
that list is wrong anyway
What's to say they don't come back to the island?

You keep citing these "spoilers." Where are they? Confirmed by producers/writers?
Old 02-01-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Deftones
You keep citing these "spoilers." Where are they? Confirmed by producers/writers?
Let's forget about the spoilers. The Oceanic Six refers to a group of people rescued at the same time from the island. For that reason alone, it can't be them.

It's not just ME that keeps citing them. There several others in this thread who are as well. It can't be that we are all making it up.
Old 02-01-08, 05:41 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's forget about the spoilers. The Oceanic Six refers to a group of people rescued at the same time from the island.
Did they ever actually say that in the episode last night? Or do your spoiler sources say that?
Old 02-01-08, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Let's forget about the spoilers. The Oceanic Six refers to a group of people rescued at the same time from the island. For that reason alone, it can't be them.

It's not just ME that keeps citing them. There several others in this thread who are as well. It can't be that we are all making it up.
Refered to by whom? Was that specifically stated anywhere in last night's episode? Sure, we hear Oceanic Six several times. I never recall, at any point, that it was said "they were all rescued at the same time." Please, prove me wrong.

As for the spoiler bullshit, if you aren't going to post a link to something, then I'm not going to even bother wasting time discussing it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.