Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race All Stars -- "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War" -- 04/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-07, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Judging from the preview where it said that two teams are targeting another team with the Yield, it looks like the Yield Queens and the Cha Chas are conspiring to Yield Eric and Danielle, who will likely be running in last place as they usually are and so won't be able to use the Yield themselves. Charla and Mirna are too classy and fair-minded to use the Yield, so I don't think they will be using the Yield on anyone. And the Cha Chas are their friends, so I don't think they would Yield Charla and Mirna.

Danielle has a nice rack.

Last edited by Perkinsun Dzees; 04-15-07 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-15-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Charla and Mirna are too classy and fair-minded

Thanks for that!
Old 04-15-07, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love how in Mirna and Schmirna Land, using the Yield, a tool provided to the teams by the producers, results in bad karma. But asking a ticket agent to randomly kick people off a flight for no reason is just fine. Manipulative, hypocritical bitches, the both of them.

Any other team I'm cool with. Although Danielle gets a little grating with her whining. Good thing she's got that rack.
Old 04-16-07, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's sooo close for Dustin and Kandice. I am rooting for them then the Cha Cha Cha-ers. And how are Oswald and Danny not a couple?? Is one gay and one metro or something?

Incredibly lame episode, but it was kinda cool watching the car stunt, the flying ninjas, and the door kicking.

GO BEAUTY QUEENS!!!

How many episodes left?
Old 04-16-07, 01:50 AM

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
I love how in Mirna and Schmirna Land, using the Yield, a tool provided to the teams by the producers, results in bad karma. But asking a ticket agent to randomly kick people off a flight for no reason is just fine. Manipulative, hypocritical bitches, the both of them.
Mirna was clearly just joking around and pulling the ticket guy's leg when she said that to him. It's obvious that many viewers take everything that Mirna says far too seriously, and don't seem to understand her witty sense of humor.
Old 04-16-07, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
I guess they did away with the 1 fast forward per team per season rule. Team Cha Cha Cha had already done a FF with U+J during the intersection in Poland.

The editing is why Amazing Race has won every single Reality Emmy. They show
Mirna predicting bad karma for the BQs for the yield and in the next frame show Mirna pleading with the ticket agent to kick random people off the plane since they really needed to go to Hong Kong. The editors really love to show hypocrisy.
Old 04-16-07, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mirna was clearly just joking around and pulling the ticket guy's leg when she said that to him. It's obvious that many viewers take everything that Mirna says far too seriously, and don't seem to understand her witty sense of humor.
, my friend!

Old 04-16-07, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love Mirna and her craziness, but that doesn't change the fact that she's the most boorish contestant in the history of the show.
Old 04-16-07, 03:36 AM

I wonder if they edited out Mirna and Charla taking the ferry back to hong kong island (or did i miss it)? Didn't the clue specifically state to take the ferry, so if they were driven to the island, wouldn't that result in a time penalty?
Old 04-16-07, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, they were driven to the island, but got on the ferry there. I believe they took a roundtrip so they did actually follow the rules.
Old 04-16-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You are related to them. You have to be.
Old 04-16-07, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And the Cha Chas are their friends, so I don't think they would Yield Charla and Mirna.
Anybody who wouldnt use the yield in the Amazing Race for a million dollars out of friendship doesnt deserve to win the million dollars. You yield who you need to yield to win. This isnt the Amazing Friendship. And there is no bad karma when you use the yield. Stop acting like its a low down unfair thing to do. It's a tool to get ahead. It's not something the BQ's invented.
Old 04-16-07, 09:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mirna "witty"?

Um, no.

Originally Posted by nevermind

Originally Posted by the big train
Mirna...the most boorish contestant in the history of the show.
Old 04-16-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Somebody thinks Mirna is witty???? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 04-16-07, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"you know that girl you see going into the airport when you stop off on a joining flight from Hong Kong to Paris? that sorta shifty person who buys plane tickets while running around with a little person? the kind of girl who doesn't wait for you even though you were first in line? well, that girl is me...My name is Mirna"
Old 04-16-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the wish part with Mirna and Charla.
She wished for a safe trip home, I shouted that she should have wished for 1 million dollars and missed her saying and 1 million dollars. I had to rewind it to hear what she said.
But I wish they were gone!!
Old 04-16-07, 06:04 PM

Interesting episode. I can't really remember an episode where they had to do 3 tasks during a leg. They did the ninja climb, kicking doors down, then pulled the boat....though I guess as easy as they all were, doing 3 wasn't a big deal.

It's nice to see the BQs are in good racing form after choking through the first part of the season....they appear to be the strongest team currently. Hopefully this comes down to actual racing and not teams getting screwed out of a flight or get a stupid/bad cab driver.

Looking forward to next week, from the CBS website:

Spoiler:
"One Team is left in a state of shock when they become victims of a deal between the beauty queens and a certain other team."

Looks like the BQs and another team, team up to yield someone?
Old 04-16-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nevermind
I assume he's trying to be some kind of crappy ripoff of Groucho or something.
Old 04-16-07, 11:40 PM

well the only team i can stand (& like) are Oswald and Danny so they better win the race.
Mirna and Charla well more Mirna is extremly annoying, the beauty Queens can be annoying at times as well and Eric and Danielle are about as intresting as a nail in the wall.
I still wish U&J were still in it but sadly they took a big chance that ended up costing them the race.
Old 04-17-07, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
well the only team i can stand (& like) are Oswald and Danny so they better win the race.
Mirna and Charla well more Mirna is extremly annoying, the beauty Queens can be annoying at times as well and Eric and Danielle are about as intresting as a nail in the wall.
I still wish U&J were still in it but sadly they took a big chance that ended up costing them the race.
if you watch their interview, they said they had plenty of time to catch the connecting flight. when they were in poland, their tickets were being printed and the printer broke while printing their connecting flight passes. when they arrived to germany, they couldn't reprint already "printed" tickets. the agent in poland said whe would call ahead and let the airline know in frankfurt, but when U& J got their, they were told the lady never followed through. so, it wasn't the risky flight, but a damn printer...it's not as exciting i guess to watch on tv.
Old 04-17-07, 12:48 AM
Banned

at you guys still not figuring out that Parkinson's Disease was being sarcastic in the threads since Week 1.
Old 04-18-07, 12:21 AM
Suspended

It's always hilarious to see Charla just stroll behind the counter when they're bookin flights as if she's just entitled to do that
Old 04-18-07, 01:53 AM
Banned

Why are there so many bad comments (on here and in the game) about the Yield? The BQs were just playing the game. For all they knew, Uchenna and Joyce were already at the pit stop and they were battling Eric and Danielle to stay in the race. I would have done it as well.

It still amazes me that Mirna and Schmirna are still in the race. They're two of the worst racers I've ever seen. They blew 3+ hour leads twice and a 2+ hour lead once. They're just getting really, really lucky when booking flights.

And when did they change the rule about the FF? I thought a team could only get a FF once in the race, but Danny and Oswald used it twice (this last leg and a previous leg as a team with Uchenna and Joyce).
Old 04-18-07, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I'm in consensus with the yields. Each team has a right to use it without feeling guilty.

Eric & Daniel hate everyone. Charla and Mirna, Beauty Queens, Guidos. Who's next?

So much hate here for Charla and Mirna though. Go C&M. I think they've gone further than some of you would give them credit for. I betcha even Phil is rooting for them.
Old 04-18-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the same people behind Charla and Mirna are the same ones voting for Sanjaya Malakar.