Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Project Greenlight Season 3 debuts 03/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-05, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy crap...Gulager grew from a quiet unassuming man..to a guy with some balls at the end of the season...Looks like Feast is a big winner..and Hey...Gulager has a actor that already wants to work with him (matt damon)
Old 05-15-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Seriously, nice character development for Gulager over the course of this "process".
Old 05-26-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Weinstein bros. have set release dates for several films through their new company. They included:

"Feast," director John Gulager's horror film will open Jan. 20, 2006.
Old 05-26-05, 11:20 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
January? Ah, nothing tells the truth about a film's quality quite like a release date, and January/Feburary is the dumping gound for the worst of the worst...I guess all that hype on the finale about how much Harvey loved it and thought it had oodles of potential was a load of hyperbole...
Old 05-26-05, 12:29 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
January? Ah, nothing tells the truth about a film's quality quite like a release date, and January/Feburary is the dumping gound for the worst of the worst...I guess all that hype on the finale about how much Harvey loved it and thought it had oodles of potential was a load of hyperbole...
In all fairness, that has been a lucrative month for horror releases lately. Last January, White Noise opened on January 7 to $24,113,565. Hide and Seek opened to $21,959,233 on the 28th of that month. On the flip side, Alone in the Dark opened the same day to $2,834,421 (but come on! That was Uwe Boll! ).

There's money to be made for horror in January for whatever reason, so this move doesn't necessarily mean it's a lack of confidence.
Old 05-26-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
In all fairness, that has been a lucrative month for horror releases lately. Last January, White Noise opened on January 7 to $24,113,565. Hide and Seek opened to $21,959,233 on the 28th of that month. On the flip side, Alone in the Dark opened the same day to $2,834,421 (but come on! That was Uwe Boll! ).

There's money to be made for horror in January for whatever reason, so this move doesn't necessarily mean it's a lack of confidence.
Correct. For such a cheap film, a twenty million dollar opening would be a huge success.
Old 05-26-05, 04:08 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG

Well argued...perhaps a decades-long trend is being bucked at last...
Old 02-03-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by auto
"Feast," director John Gulager's horror film will open Jan. 20, 2006.
I'm bumping this thread because I remember Feast had a January release date. Obviously that never happened.

Has the film been completely lost in limbo because of the big split?
Old 02-03-06, 12:27 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Doesn't look good...
http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...5_feast_future

Feast's future looks dim; Chris Moore says Weinsteins are "just going to sit on it"

The Project Greenlight 3 film, Feast, was originally scheduled to be released last Friday, and could have even been released last Christmas. Bob Weinstein liked the film, according to Matt Damon, and the Weinsteins took the film with them after they left Miramax.

But as of now, the film does not have a release date. It is also not listed on The Weinstein Company’s web site along with its other present and future films.

Producer Chris Moore tells Wired that the Weinsteins aren’t telling him anything, and that seems like really bad news. “Bob and Harvey could say they’re not focusing on these kinds of movies. They could say ‘we don’t get it, so go with another company.’ They’re saying nothing. That tells me that they’re going to sit on it and hope all of us will go away, and traditionally in Hollywood, we will.”

Director John Gulager isn’t pessimistic about the film’s future, but he wouldn’t want it to just be released on DVD. “We’re not out to make DVD movies. We want to make movie movies,” he said.
Old 02-03-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, that sucks.
Old 02-03-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So PGL is batting 0/3. Maybe next time they'll go for an action film.

D
Old 02-03-06, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I've heard/read: not only is the movie dead(ish), but it sounds like the series is too.
Old 02-03-06, 02:32 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Derrich
So PGL is batting 0/3. Maybe next time they'll go for an action film.

D
If PGL can't make million dollar dramas and horror movies work there's no way they'll get an action film off the ground.
Old 02-03-06, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Well, not a huge surprise that Miramax has once again shelved another movie.
Old 02-03-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I was looking forward to seeing that.

Sorry for my loss.
Old 02-03-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
If PGL can't make million dollar dramas and horror movies work there's no way they'll get an action film off the ground.
There's no way to know whether the horror movie would've worked since it was never released.

Granted, shelving something generally doesn't bode well for the quality of the picture, but at least there still is the off chance that it could've worked had it been released. An optimistic person could say "if only..."
Old 05-29-12, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Project Greenlight Season 3 debuts 03/15

Gulager a big star and the director of Piranha 3DD

Frankly, when PIRANHA 3DD was first announced I was surprised that Alexandre Aja stepped away from the project. Yet when I heard the creator of the FEAST franchise was involved it made perfect sense. John Gulager has a tendency to create some visually nasty treats for horror fans and suffice it to say that he certainly goes for the sex and gore with his latest, PIRANHA 3DD.

John is one of the nicest guys around. He is quirky, funny and just an all around great guy so it’s terrific to see him continue to make bloody, politically incorrect horror flicks. He loves the boobage, he adores the gore, and you can bet that he will have some sort of shocking sequence that you just don’t expect. He even talks about some controversy with one of the victims in the film which he was petitioned to not put in. He did it anyway. What can I say, I love this guy!

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/inte...r-john-gulager

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zUU6qi0tz9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>