Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Raising Hope-- Season Finale -- "I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back, Baby Back"-- 4/17/12

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Raising Hope-- Season Finale -- "I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back, Baby Back"-- 4/17/12

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-13

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Special Guest Appearances by Jason Lee, Jaime Pressly and Ethan Suplee of "My Name is Earl"

Following the revelations of the "Inside Probe" expose of their family history, the Chances are put on trial in a fight to retain custody of Hope in "I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back, Baby Back" the Season Two finale episode of RAISING HOPE airing Tuesday, April 17 (9:31-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOP-222) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Episode 22 of 22

Last episode of the season and yes, this was renewed for a 3rd season.
Old 04-17-12, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Raising Hope-- Season Finale -- "I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back, Baby Back"-- 4/1

Originally Posted by DJariya
Last episode of the season and yes, this was renewed for a 3rd season.
Just had to do a happy dance about that.

I actually have high expectations for this show as the first season finale was the best episode of the series (at that point in time) and I've heard that this episode is no different. I just hope they don't jump the shark by
Spoiler:
bringing in the biological mother as a regular of any kind in season 3.
Old 04-17-12, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Raising Hope-- Season Finale -- "I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back, Baby Back"-- 4/1

Didn't hold a candle to the first season finale.
Old 04-17-12, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Part 2 was much more fun than Part 1. A bit reminiscent of the Seinfeld finale, but this was my second favorite ep of the season next to Jimmy's Fake Girlfriend

I'm taking my daughter to Tibet, where the people are spiritually evolved BITCHES!

RUN SABRINA RUN!! That slo-mo chase with Lucy going after her with a dagger was gut busting hilarious. Excellent guest turn by Bijou Phillips, and I'm sure the show will find a way to bring her back (most likely in flashback form) despite the ending.

Great cameos, but I thought Virginia going South Carolina beauty queen on the stand was the best of all the unreliable witnesses.

no sophomore slump (and yay for the 3rd season greenlight): A
Old 04-17-12, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything you're talking about was funny but it was all in the last five minutes. Too little, too late to make it great.
Old 04-17-12, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't watch this show very often, but it cracked me up tonight. I might catch up with this show with dvd rentals. Might have bought it if it was on BD.

Liked seeing Bijou again.
Old 04-17-12, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by skatefan20
]I'm taking my daughter to Tibet, where the people are spiritually evolved BITCHES!

I love all the call backs to the strange people from past eps.. Being if you had never seen the show before you would think that those were just random made up people for this ep.. trying to make the family look bad..

but no no, everyone who showed up on the stand was talking about stuff that happened in past eps.... they did beat that woman up being she use to have a penis and that guy did kidnap burt, etc..
Old 04-18-12, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess we missed the episode where Jason Lee's character got hit by the guitar. Nice makeup job on him.
Old 04-18-12, 02:18 PM

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Wow this show fell of a fucking cliff for these two last episodes of the season. Awful, awful, awful!

What the hell happened!?
Old 04-18-12, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Everything you're talking about was funny but it was all in the last five minutes. Too little, too late to make it great.
Exactly. I think the only thing that made me laugh was the slow motion chase scene. When you have an episode that seems like a much worse version of the Seinfeld series finale, you've got problems.

Originally Posted by collven
I guess we missed the episode where Jason Lee's character got hit by the guitar. Nice makeup job on him.
Maybe you missed it, but I remember the episode.

Originally Posted by Gunde
Wow this show fell of a fucking cliff for these two last episodes of the season. Awful, awful, awful!

What the hell happened!?
Very sad but true. The show has been really struggling toward the end of this season. Here's hoping that the writers will be more rejuvenated after the break.
Old 04-18-12, 04:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought this episode was not that good.

I don't like that they brought back the mother, then killed her off again - was it that necessary? they could have did the whole court bit by having some new neighbor call CPS on the family, and they go to a hearing to "defend" themselves.

I'm glad its back next year - I look forward to the show every week. However, I hope these last 2 episodes are not an indication of what the writing will be like next season.
Old 04-19-12, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Watching this finale, it felt like Greg Garcia didn't want to get caught with a cancellation like he did on My Name Is Earl. So we get an episode that could have easily served as a series finale.

Hell, with 3 of Earl's cast members, he almost could have filmed a finale for that too!

I liked it, but hope they get back to normal in the fall.
Old 04-19-12, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Watching this finale, it felt like Greg Garcia didn't want to get caught with a cancellation like he did on My Name Is Earl. So we get an episode that could have easily served as a series finale.

Hell, with 3 of Earl's cast members, he almost could have filmed a finale for that too!

I liked it, but hope they get back to normal in the fall.
They would have had even more if they had the pizza delivery guy
Old 04-19-12, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They sure got their money's worth outta 'Can't Always Get What You Want'.
Old 04-19-12, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shannon Woodward did a fantastic job in running for her life at the end of the episode. She cracked me up because she truly looked terrified. Awesome.
Old 05-29-12, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

just caught up on this show. Season 2 really went downhill compared to the late part of season 1. it just about fell to simpsons season 18 quality