Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 4/24/03

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
umm just in umm case someone umm didn't umm yet watch the umm episode. umm-kay?
While that might be a considerate, unnecessary gesture for a thread that gets started before the show's airdate [24, Angel, Smallville & Buffy seem to be the usual ones], according to the Spoiler Guide:
A note on "XYZ-Show Date" threads. It's common practice in this forum that thread titles that consist of the show title and it's air date WILL contain spoilers, regardless of a warning in the thread title. Enter at your own risk!
Old 04-27-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
I don't understand why so many of you like this Romano character. He's a callous, rude, selfish, apathetic asswipe. In the real world, someone so overtly hostile wouldn't last two seconds flat in any job position. If not tossed out by the board, he would either have long been flattened by someone, or have had harassment suits filed. Jerks in executive positions are more subtle about it, else they'd be out the door. The Romano character does a disservice to whatever verisimilitude the show has. So do the two bickering fatsos at the front desk, and the obligatory "colourful" weekly walk-on characters (e.g. charming old drunks, precocious kids, transvestites, all caricatures).
Old 04-27-03, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by Patman
At the end of the episode before this week's, Romano was in a bar (I think a gay bar) and made some caustic remarks that angered a few of the patrons and they beat the living crap out of him.
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Typical Romano. He was at the bar, and started insulting those around him. Last week's episode closed with him getting knocked to the floor and beaten.

Mannn i wish I could've saw that!! I would've been laughing!!
Old 04-28-03, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Norm de Plume
If not tossed out by the board, he would either have long been flattened by someone, or have had harassment suits filed.
I believe he did have a harrassment suit filed against him by the gun totin' Dr. Doyle, (played by the adorable Jorja Fox, currently working on that CBS juggernaut). As I recall, (it's been a while), he pulled rank and forced her out.

The hospital has put up w/ him because of his surgical brilliance. Now that that's gone, he's got a lot of people wanting some payback, so he's in trouble.
Old 04-29-03, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
I believe he did have a harrassment suit filed against him by the gun totin' Dr. Doyle, (played by the adorable Jorja Fox, currently working on that CBS juggernaut). As I recall, (it's been a while), he pulled rank and forced her out.

The hospital has put up w/ him because of his surgical brilliance. Now that that's gone, he's got a lot of people wanting some payback, so he's in trouble.
I see. I've only been watching the show for a couple of years. Even so, I don't think job aptitude mitigates the extreme abuse and insensitivity he conveys.