TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias - 3/17/02

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-02, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alias - 3/17/02

Yikes ...

I was all ready to complain about how this episode was a lame "flashback" cop-out, but after half an hour of "In case you're an idiot and don't know what's going on" sillyness, they hit us with quite a bit. I'm still not keen on this whole prophecy thing, but the way they're handling it is pretty cool so far.

das
Old 03-17-02, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, I kept thinking of the Simpsons any that one episode where they spoof themselves and have a "cheesy clip show" joke during their clip show. And I was wondering if they received too many complaints of people not understanding what went on. And then it really picks up at the end. Too bad the next episode is three weeks away. Can't wait.
Old 03-17-02, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bad-- having to wait 3 WEEKS for another episode. dangit!!!

the good--seeing all of sidney's great outfits over the show so far and seeing jack lay the smackdown on that weasel guy whose name i can't remember. it will be even better in a couple of episodes when jack finds out that he ratted on him and jack gets some payback.

all in all for a clip show it really wasn't too bad. i enjoyed it thouroughly.
Old 03-17-02, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Pretty good show, though filled with a lot of footage from past episodes.

For a show that goes through a huge recap of Sidney's recruitment into SD-6 and subsequently the CIA, it found a way to push the plot along.

I knew where they were going with the show as soon as Sidney's mom was brought up and Sidney's interviewer never pressed for how her mom died. So having Sidney relive her mom's "accident" has led us to the likelihood of Sidney's mom being alive.

Can't wait for the next episode episode!
Old 03-17-02, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
I knew where they were going with the show as soon as Sidney's mom was brought up and Sidney's interviewer never pressed for how her mom died. So having Sidney relive her mom's "accident" has led us to the likelihood of Sidney's mom being alive.
I agree. The thought instantly came to mind that they are foreshadowing something.

Was it me, or were those glasses Sidney wore at the end the exact ones Marshall had shown earlier?
Old 03-18-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by freedexter

Was it me, or were those glasses Sidney wore at the end the exact ones Marshall had shown earlier?
Yes, I do believe those where the ones.

One thing I love is a good recap show. I loved how they blended the whole recruitment thing into the storyline. You really don't know anything about her recruitment.

Spoiler:
Do you think that Arvin, knows where her mom is? Personally I think the father knows too. That one episode where Arvin says to her father "she mustn't know the whole truth".

WOW! He obviously knows that she is spying and but he cannot do anything because of the prophecy.
Old 03-18-02, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So what's Lochley's relationship with sidney's dad? There seems to be some past relationship in their exchange (during the shake-down).
Old 03-18-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So what's Lochley's relationship with sidney's dad? There seems to be some past relationship in their exchange (during the shake-down).
Lochley? You mean Haladki?
Old 03-18-02, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oops, yes, that dude.
Old 03-18-02, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops, yes, that dude.
We don't know as yet, but I think they do have a prior relationship.
Old 03-18-02, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, Jack did say if Haladki reported the conversation he would never wear a hat again... that would be interesting to see
Old 03-18-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RolloTomasi
Well, Jack did say if Haladki reported the conversation he would never wear a hat again... that would be interesting to see
I think he meant he would blow his head off, but that doesn't really require a prior relationship with a person.
Old 03-19-02, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But I also thought Jack's attitude toward Haladki did imply a previous relationshipp (maybe the FBI connection from being investigated earlier by them).
Old 03-19-02, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just think Jack's well known as a cold-blooded executant that does not hesitate to do anything to get things done. I guess that's why Haladki was so easily scared.
Old 03-21-02, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by thejammy

Spoiler:
Do you think that Arvin, knows where her mom is? Personally I think the father knows too. That one episode where Arvin says to her father "she mustn't know the whole truth".

WOW! He obviously knows that she is spying and but he cannot do anything because of the prophecy.
Spoiler:
Arvin doesn't know about the prophecy. Remember, page 47 was swapped out with a fake.