TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gilmore Girls -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-07, 12:21 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Emily was annoying the hell out of me until she broke down in the gift shop and then I felt sorry for her. The things she was doing was her way of dealing with Richard's situation. Kelly Bishop did a terrific job.
Same here

They've gone warp speed in turning Christoper from the nice guy into a insecure jealous dick.
Old 02-07-07, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unbelievably bad, uninspired, and boring.

And no Paris.
Old 02-07-07, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Okay, did anyone else think that in the scene were Rory and Lorelai are in his room after the surgery, playing music that when he was 'going to sleep for a minute' that he was going to flat-line? Because my entire apartment was waiting for it.

Also, for the first time in a long time Logan actually endeared himself to me - I did not see that one coming.
Old 02-07-07, 02:11 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Okay, did anyone else think that in the scene were Rory and Lorelai are in his room after the surgery, playing music that when he was 'going to sleep for a minute' that he was going to flat-line? Because my entire apartment was waiting for it.
I was still in shock that he just had open heart surgery and he was back in his room, laying at an angle, with just the nose piece for oxygen.
Old 02-07-07, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd

Also, for the first time in a long time Logan actually endeared himself to me - I did not see that one coming.
Totally thought he was going to falt-line and then the epsiode would fade to black maybe with them yelling for the doctors to come quick.

As others have said, Logan is being set up nicely and Christopher is becoming the anti-christ.

It does seem that they are trying a little bit more to include of the other characters, even if it is just for a minute or so.

If the Christopher thing is going to end, I hope they do next week and not make it the big storyline for the rest of the year.
Old 02-07-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably the most enjoyable episode of the season for me. Liked it all around.

Chris is a douche.

Sad no Paris or Lane.
Old 02-07-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
A good episode. I missed last week's and was astonished at how quickly Christopher went from a great guy to a jerk. I missed an episode or two and got left out of the Luke break-up too.

Very, very rushed writing.
Old 02-07-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrX
Same here

They've gone warp speed in turning Christoper from the nice guy into a insecure jealous dick.
Next week, I expect him to rip the tubes out of Richard, causing his death, since Richard once took Luke golfing with him. After that, he will burn down the courthouse that allowed Luke to share custody of April, and then to make sure that the fans hate Christopher, he will kick Paul Anka, since Luke petted him on multiple occassions.

Last edited by movieking; 02-07-07 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-07-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry, but Christopher for me will ALWAYS be defined by the wedding scene where he tried to break up Lorelei & Luke. That was his true face. He's always been an immature selfish jerk to me and seeing him act like this now doesn't seem at all out of character.

Also; I was surprised how much I took Emily's side on this. When Lorelei walked out on her in the cafeteia, I thought SHE was acting immaturely. If Richard has a living will, it SHOULD be faxed to the hospital. Everything Emily did seemed practical and resonable, considering how much stress she was under, to me.

And Logan can act as nice and supportive as he wants, I still think he's a jerk.
Old 02-13-07, 11:22 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Gilmore Girls - "Farewell, My Pet" - 2/13/07

"Farewell, My Pet"
Spoiler:
Richard starts his recovery two days after his bypass surgery; when she returns to Yale, Rory finds that an attractive young professor is teaching Richard's economics class; Lorelai and Sookie plan a funeral for Michel's dog.
Old 02-13-07, 11:31 AM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Spoiler:
...and Christopher finally gets kicked to the curb....if spoilers and last weeks preview are correct..
Old 02-13-07, 01:55 PM

Spoiler:
From the episode title (and until I read the plot description about Michelle's Dog) I thought that Richard was going to die
Old 02-13-07, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
I was thinking it was gonna be Paul Anka
Old 02-13-07, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by wergo
Spoiler:
I was thinking it was gonna be Paul Anka
Is it sad that I can already picture me and my housemates crying our eyes out if that happened?
Old 02-13-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Paris is the best part of the first 20 minutes. No surprise.

Democrats, Republicans, and Joe Lieberman.
Old 02-13-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope this whole T.A. thing will not get become a plot.

Glad the Christopher storyline is (hopefully) done with and at least they restored a bit of his humanity instead of keeping him the antichrist he had become.

It also looks like from the preview that the series will start to shift back more into the community (which it seems to have been doing lately).
Old 02-13-07, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dave
I hope this whole T.A. thing will not get become a plot.
Anything would be better than Logan.
Old 02-13-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rory dating her TA would, if nothing else, at least ensure one or two 'Buffy' references.

The ending might have been more surprising had they bothered to put Christopher in the opening credits. How much faith can I have in their relationship when he's still just a "special guest"?
Old 02-13-07, 10:50 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Paris

The scene with Rory telling Logan about her having the crush on the TA was painfully bad.
Old 02-13-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by grem458
Anything would be better than Logan.
I've never been a fan of Logan, but they've made him into such a good guy and so loving of Rory, that if they contrive some kind of crap to separate the two of them, that will be the icing on the cake.

Whether you like him or not, Rory and Logan have a great relationship. They should NOT mess with that.

Look at the contrived crap with Christopher, why put us through that with Logan? And they did it so badly with Christopher, when they decide to break up Rory and Logan, Rory will be in the bathroom asking Logan for some toilet paper from the closet, he'll fly into a rage, grab an icepick, break through the door, and scream at Rory that she's a spoiled, demanding bitch who can get her own damned TP as he tries to carve her into little pieces.

That's about how subtle they were with Christopher.

It was a pretty good GG feeling show until the Lorelai and Christopher ending which made both characters look completely crazy and stupid and nothing like they were, say, only 1 month ago. You know when Christopher was a changed guy and who could talk about things and would understand why Lorelai would write a letter to a judge on behalf of Luke to keep his daughter, especially considering how Christopher wasn't around for Rory growing up and, as much as he might not like him, you'd think he'd understand Luke asking Lorelai for that help. And the letter was NOT so "mushy" that it should have made him flip out in a jealous rage.

Grrr...

Thank god for Paris.
Old 02-13-07, 11:54 PM

I found the TA thing kinda cute as long as it stays exactly what it was - a crush that served to show her how much she cares for Logan. Because as much as I've bitched about Logan in the past, he has grown on me a little bit in the past few weeks, and I really don't want want Rory going off with the 23-year-old version of her grandfather.

As far as Christopher goes, I'm glad he's leaving (as someone above me said - how could we put stalk in a character that very graduated from 'very special guest star'), but at the same time I'm glad they finally explored the dynamic between those two characters, but now I really hope Lorelia doesn't go running into Luke's arms.

And finally, with Michelle's Dog... I'm sorry but that was annoying the hell out of me! I mean I understand its painful when a dog dies, but he was acting like an 6-year-old spoiled brat (I know this is nothing new), but he just annoyed me more in this episode that he ever did in the past.
Old 02-14-07, 08:19 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought Lauren Grahams performance when she told Christopher her true feelings and broke down and cried, was one of her best performances.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good ep, and am encouraged to see the season end on a high note.
Old 02-14-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
By the end of the episode, I was begging TPTB to put an end to the Misery of Christopher. With Lorelai continuing to pile with the "You suck because you run when you can't deal or man up to the situation" mantra, they should have just had Lorelai stake Christopher through the heart as well.

The problem with Christopher is that he's pretty much always been the plot device that first put Lorelai in the teen motherhood category, and then later he was the absentee dad, and then his own personal situation never rang true (marriage to Sherry, their child) when he comes back into Lorelai's life to inflict some drama into Lorelai and Luke's situation. How does Christopher even function in the real world when he's off-screen? He's just an overall badly written character.

All that was missing from Rory and the TA scenes were Rory chewing gum and twirling her hair. That was just a silly piece that goes quite contrary to Rory in the past and present. Her almost dalliance seemed too clumsily brought to the fore, especially with her almost immediate confession to Logan.

Now Paris needs her own show. And put Michel in it, too.

Last edited by Patman; 02-14-07 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-14-07, 08:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I enjoy it when Grandpa Gilmore plays along with the girls and gets Emily all riled up.

Wow, Michelle and his dog. Geez that was really annoying. He is, however, always sporting some pretty sweet suites.

Yup glad Christopher is finally gone. He's just a jackass.
Old 02-14-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This wasn't a bad episode, compared to the suckiness of recent weeks.

One thing I didn't get was the sudden references to Christopher "trying to get Lorelai to say yes all these years". Is that true or a changed premise? I thought that Lorelai & Christopher's problem was that he was never ready to commit and be a husband & father and he spent all his 20's galavanting around the countryside. It seemed odd to have him suddenly bring it up that HE was always the one who wanted to get Lorelai to settle down with him.

I did like the TA bit and it was cute seeing Rory get flustered by a guy, instead of the usual other way around.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.