Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-16, 09:35 AM

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I ordered the wrong size case for my new tablet. I can return it for 90% of the cost of the item and get back $1.30. I don't know what I expected, and I can't blame Amazon for my mistake, but that's a bummer.
Old 07-12-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by story
I ordered the wrong size case for my new tablet. I can return it for 90% of the cost of the item and get back $1.30. I don't know what I expected, and I can't blame Amazon for my mistake, but that's a bummer.
Yeah I learned my lesson with 3rd party sellers. Many have ridiculous restocking fees. Coupled with paying for shipping back, it often isn't with the hassle for items under $30.
Old 07-12-16, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I ordered 25 soup containers from a third party that was "Fulfilled By Amazon", they fucked up and sent me about 10 containers and 20 lids.

I sent an e-mail, they refunded my money and told me to keep what I had.
Old 07-12-16, 05:01 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
anyone know why I am no longer getting the option for a digital credit when i checkout using Prime? it only gives me the option for Prime Pantry which i don't have a use for. i used to get the digital option all the time...
They alternate the credits regularly. One has no control over what is offered.
Old 07-12-16, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Plus we had discussed the same issue just a few posts up.
Old 07-12-16, 05:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
oh, ok. thanks.
Old 07-12-16, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I've ordered from various Amazon sites and have never had a problem. I've ordered the most from Amazon UK and my items usually arrive in 7-10 days tops.
Yeah, I haven't ordered from Amazon UK in a few years, but that was always my experience. I used to love paying £12.99 for a new CD that Amazon US had for $40 because it was a precious, precious import. There were even a few times where I got 3 CDs from Amazon UK for the same price (or even less!) than just one of the import CDs from Amazon US.
Old 07-12-16, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, Prime Day 2 was a bit of a bust. Loads of stuff I wasn't interested in, and marginal savings on the few things I was interested in. I guess I'm preaching to the choir here, but it kind of chapped my ass that Amazon was basing many of its "discounts" on the LIST PRICES of goods, but so many of those items were never sold at that price to begin with. For instance, Bluetooth speakers almost always have an outrageous list price, say $149.99. But the "everyday price" is around $70 (plus or minus a few dollars). And today, Amazon took $15 off that and called it a "65% discount!!!", even though it's actually only a 23% discount. Which isn't nothing, obviously, but it's not quite the "DEALS TO RIVAL BLACK FRIDAY!" we'd been led to believe.

I'm not surprised, or even all that disappointed. I didn't partake of the first Prime Day, so I didn't know what to expect. And now I know.
Old 07-13-16, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I almost bought something from their Warehouse Deals area due to an email with an extra 20% for members, but the coupon expired later in the evening...it was NOT the next day yet. So, I said, fuck it.

And I didn't see anything today, except for a Tie Fighter Lego set which normally went for $200 and was around $126. That was a good deal, but I just couldn't afford it. As far as movie, I didn't see anything that I haven't seen before.
Old 07-13-16, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

There were a few top notch deals. A few single video games were pretty cheap and the XBox deal was great. I believe there was a good price on a high end TV as well. I try to stay disciplined during these type of sales and only buy stuff if it's important to have. I saw Doom and Just Cause 3 for PS4 at $30 and wanted to jump on that but realized I probably wouldn't even play them for a few months, so passed. The only thing I ended up getting was underwear.

Amazon should call this what it is -- an inventory dump. Which is completely fine in itself. The problem comes when you give people the expectation of it being much more than that. Call it a Warehouse Sale or an Inventory Clearance and throw in that there may be a few 'surprise' deals. All of a sudden Prime Day looks a lot better.
Old 07-13-16, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

This is new: Instead of digital credits or Prime Pantry, I was offered a $5 credit for Prime Now, which I've never used. I accepted it since I didn't need my item right away anyway, but I have no idea if I'll use it. I guess if I even look into it, it'll be mission accomplished for them.
Old 07-14-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I've got a few prime pantry credits that I doubt I will ever use, and Prime Now is not in my area.
Old 07-14-16, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

So to be on the other side of the fence, I rarely have issues with Amazon and in general love the company and the services/products they offered. I tried to use a promo during Prime Day and couldn't but received this in an email today:

Dear Valued Prime Member,

In connection with Prime Day, we ran a limited offer of $30 off a purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon Rewards Visa Card on Amazon.com. We see that you entered the promotion code VISA30 after the offer had already expired. Because you are a valued Prime Member, we have loaded a $30 Amazon.com Gift Card to your account.

The gift card funds have already been loaded to your account and are available for your immediate use. You can see your current Amazon.com Gift Card balance by visiting the following location:

We truly value you as a customer and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you,

Amazon Customer Service
Old 07-14-16, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

I can't complain about Prime Day.

I got $10 free from the Gift Card promotion.

I saved $86 by stocking up on diapers which were 35% off.

I ordered a car seat for my 2nd kid for $157. I looked up my order history, and I spent $232 on that same model car seat for my 1st kid.

And I saved $13 on an SDXC flash card.
Old 07-15-16, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Prime Day was almost a bust for me, but I was pleased to get some brand spanking new films in HD Streaming for at least half-off what they usually go for (The Martian Extended just came out, right...that was $9.99 in HD streaming, struck me as a solid deal). The Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 for $6.99 was also sweet.
Old 08-06-16, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by story
Funny, the same exact thing happened to me this week. My GF got one of those Fire tablets for $33 or whatever on Prime Day, and is only just now getting around to using it. I was gonna order a laptop case for myself, so she sent me a link to a tablet case she wanted me to add to the order. Only I didn't double-check it, and the case is for the 2014 Fire HD. It "fits" in the sense that the tablet can go in it, but the camera, speaker and volume buttons are covered. My GF gets free shipping at work, so normally it's not a problem to send something back to a company... but I guess it's not possible with Amazon. Yeah, I'm not gonna drive 30 minute to an Amazon locker or print out a UPS label just to get $1.97 back for the return.
Old 09-26-16, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How the fuck does Amazon ship electronics with padding whatsoever!?!? I had to order a limited edition game console that's shipping in like 2 weeks, and I'm terrified it'll be ruined by the time it gets here. The last console I ordered from Amazon was a backup/replacement for a failing Xbox 360, and the console box got all crushed. I got a $40 credit for this shit. picture: http://viper.shadowflareindustries.c...s/DSCN0803.JPG
Old 09-26-16, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^You actually complained about that minor damage to the box? That is *not* "crushed" in any sense of the word. I've seen worse at WM. On the shelf. As long as the product is OK who cares about the box? Well... unless it, too, is collectable and *that* one most certainly is not. If you want a "perfect" box then you need to confine your shopping to local only and don't have anything shipped. You made out like a bandit! It's that type of complaint and credit that causes everyone to suffer higher prices. You should have complained to the carrier as it got "damaged" in shipment - but they'd have denied your claim as, based on that photo, the product itself was undamaged.
Old 09-27-16, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Waiting for a picture of the console box that is "all crushed".
Old 09-27-16, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
How the fuck does Amazon ship electronics with padding whatsoever!?!? I had to order a limited edition game console that's shipping in like 2 weeks, and I'm terrified it'll be ruined by the time it gets here. The last console I ordered from Amazon was a backup/replacement for a failing Xbox 360, and the console box got all crushed. I got a $40 credit for this shit. picture: http://viper.shadowflareindustries.c...s/DSCN0803.JPG
You're "terrified"? Dude, time to ...

Old 09-27-16, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Or Amazon could start doing a better job packing the stuff they ship instead of wasting money on shit like drone delivery and marginally faster shipping.

I'd be pissed if expensive electronic components arrived looking like they were dropped, too. That fucking X-Box has a hard drive; I wouldn't have taken the $40, I would have demanded a replacement. I also wouldn't buy one from a store that was banged up like that, either.
Old 09-27-16, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, I'd be upset if a console or electronic part came in a box that beat up. Seems like a fair complaint, although I don't think i've seen anything major at all with the items i've ordered from Amazon.
Old 09-27-16, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

A week ago, I ordered the DVD set for CSI: The Final season.

It arrived in horrendous shape. The cardboard case was dented to hell and then I opened the DVD case and it was cracked and broken. It was like someone sat on it and then dropped it.

I returned it promptly. I just had them credit the money back to my account for a future purchase. No questions asked. They even advanced the refund before it was received.

Very rarely does something ship to me like that, but it makes me question how their warehouse handles product.

I also ordered the new Transformers BD from Shout. A couple of small pieces from the BD case came chipped off. But, nothing too drastic that I needed to send it back.
Old 09-28-16, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

This is actually the main reason why I STILL prefer to buy things at an actual store, rather than through the mail.
Old 10-02-16, 07:47 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
This is actually the main reason why I STILL prefer to buy things at an actual store, rather than through the mail.
Yeah, but stores now a days have shit. You can't get niched titles or anything too great...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.