Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BB total acess question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

BB total acess question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-07, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB total acess question

when you return a movie at the B&M to pick up another movie, can you pick up a new release, or only older releases (i.e. 1 week rentals)?
Old 01-21-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
It can be any movie. Regular in-store policies will apply though...you rent a one night title, it's due back the next day.
Old 01-21-07, 01:27 PM

dont forget about the 7 day "grace" period on all rentals. so if its a one night title, they are due back the 8th day.
Old 01-21-07, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
My blockbuster doesn't even have one night titles. Minimum is 2 nights (or 9 if you're pushing the limit).
Old 01-22-07, 08:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My blockbuster charges late fees on the titles i get when using the online trade ins. So if I get a movie, I can't be late with it.

This may be different with each store, so you should just ask.

Oh - and the trade ins do not work with games, only movies... but if you sign up you get one coupon a month for any title, game or movie...
Old 01-22-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Originally Posted by the Chief
My blockbuster charges late fees on the titles i get when using the online trade ins. So if I get a movie, I can't be late with it.

This may be different with each store, so you should just ask.

Oh - and the trade ins do not work with games, only movies... but if you sign up you get one coupon a month for any title, game or movie...
Wow, they don't give you the grace period for movies you get through online trade ins? That definitely is not a universal policy.

I thought they recently upgraded even the weekly coupons, allowing you to use those on games? I've been too cautious to mess with my legacy two coupons a month, game or dvd policy...
Old 01-22-07, 02:10 PM

BB doesn't issue weekly coupons anymore... just monthly.
Old 01-22-07, 02:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i've only been on the program for 3 months - and i've only gotten the monthly coupons - dont know about prior to now.

There may be a stipulation somewhere in the terms of service, but i didnt read it closely. The grace period isnt really a problem for me cause i usually take the movies in the day after i get it. But thats just how I do it. Other people would do it different ways. But it is something that would be good to know going into it.

I look at it this way, I'm paying for 2 movies at a time... By the time the cycle ends, i'm actually getting 4 movies at a time, 2 of which can be brand spanking new releases without having to wait on them. On top of that, I get an added free movie/game a month. I can handle having to mind the due date as the only stipulation i really have to pay attention to.

Just my take on it...
Old 01-23-07, 08:52 AM

I've been on BBO a little under a month. I don't really even use the store return since one is not that close.

But so far they've been pretty good about getting me new dvd's out when I return them.

I'm also testing netflix for another month or so. After that whichever performs best will be the one I keep.
Old 01-24-07, 11:26 AM

blockbuster online is getting better and better.

i've paid for the subscription for a couple of months and also have gotten a few free trial offers when my subscription has lapsed for a few months.

this most recent time i got another 2 week free trial. they sent me 4 dvds instead of 3. i used my free in-store rental to rent a videogame and then cancelled my free-trial before my 2 weeks were up b/c i was going on vacation and i wanted to try out gameznflix.com. blockbuster gave me a month to return those 4 dvds i had out... i took them to my local blockbuster and exchanged them for new rentals w/ no problem, even tho my online account was cancelled. my receipt for the new rentals still mentions the grace period so no problem here.
Old 01-24-07, 11:46 AM

wow, and just out of curiosity i went back to check whether i could get another free trial, just a month after my last 2-week free trial...
and i got another

i dont even have time to watch all these movies
Old 01-24-07, 12:20 PM

Really? Hope that happens with my free trial. Not counting on it, I'll try it when mine ends. My last free trial was back in Aug then I got an email for another free trial. But that in-store return is slower than molasses. :P
Old 01-24-07, 12:26 PM

don't wait for an e-mail, just go to the website, click on the free trial link and enter your old information. it should offer you a new free trial.