Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Frankly, I'm surprised they have HD-DVD and Bluray movies online at all, as their B&M stores don't seem to carry them at all...
Old 12-08-06, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought I heard SOME stores were getting HD/BD IN-STORE?

They finally got their online HD-DVD's in...Superman, Miami Vice....nice nice.
Old 12-10-06, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
absolutely love the new blockbuster online.... lot quicker turn around time with in-store -vs- my netflix in indy
Old 12-11-06, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Same here. The movie at the top of my queue is available now. It's also one that I really wabt to get. It's been skipped over several times now. I e-mailed Blockbuster hoping that there'd be some way to ensure it gets shipped next but was told that the picking system is all automated and there's nothing I can do to change it. I got an e-coupon for a free in-store rental but they don't carry the title in-store so that kind of defeats the purpose.

If there is one I REALLY want and it's available, I move it to the top of my queue and remove everything else. It seems to work well.
Old 12-12-06, 04:04 PM

I just had my first problem with them (I've only been a member for about a month and a half). I would always bring my online rentals back to the local store on the weekend. Even though the website wouldn't necessarily acknowledge that they were checked in at the store, they would ship my next batch of movies on Monday, which is exactly how their policy says it's supposed to work (next business day).

I did the same thing this weekend, but now it's Tuesday, and still no indication that anything has shipped. I e-mailed them to ask what was up, and the response was that nothing is checked in over the weekends. I'm not sure if they actually read my e-mail, or just sent off a form letter that doesn't really address the issue.

I already know that the processing facilities don't receive and check in rentals over the weekend. That wasn't the issue. The issue is that the STORE is still supposed to be checking in rentals so the next movies can ship the next business day. Even if that changed, the store should have checked them in on Monday so the movies could ship Tuesday.

I asked them to clarify their e-mail, because currently it seems like there's no benefit to checking them in at the store (aside from the free rentals). Given my current situation, it seems like they don't care that the movies were returned to the store, and they're still going to wait until they're received at the facility before shipping the next batch.
Old 12-12-06, 07:26 PM

Any of you guys having a problem with your Que? What happens to me is that the newly available movies out are automatically added to the bottom of my que, but then I try to move them to the top by either clicking the button to move to the top or move them by entering a new number and once you exit and then go back the movies are back in the old position of the que. I have tried many different things and it just will not go. I have also tried many different connections and computers, INCLUDING the computer found in the B&M blockbuster that I use and it didnt work.

I sent an email to them at blockbuster and the reply did not even address my question. Instead they talked about how you can not add movies that have no release date and that they realize that this is an issue and they are planning on changing this in the future.
Old 12-13-06, 12:18 AM

StealthStratos...
if they have not shipped youre next movies out the next day.. use the report a problem ..select they have not recieved & they will ship you're next 1 out that day or the next depending on the time you report it..

Gasspasser..
the same happens to me but ONLY for movies that have not been reliesed yet
like scanner darkly & my girlfreind ... they alway drop to the bottom....
everything thats allready out stays put where ever I put it..

hope this helps you guys
Old 12-13-06, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts
I had a free trial of the Total Access, and just canceled it last night. I still have a couple movies out, though, so my question is, can I still exchange them for an in-store rental even though my Total Access is canceled? Has anyone tried this yet?
Old 12-13-06, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 256 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by FILMCZY
If there is one I REALLY want and it's available, I move it to the top of my queue and remove everything else. It seems to work well.
Good idea.
Old 12-13-06, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by ds6161
StealthStratos...
if they have not shipped youre next movies out the next day.. use the report a problem ..select they have not recieved & they will ship you're next 1 out that day or the next depending on the time you report it..
Thanks. I'll try that next time. I exchanged e-mails with customer service about three times, and it was just a waste of time. Each time they would just copy and paste a different stock answer, instead of actually answering my question. On the plus side, I did get 1 free rental coupon out of it.
Old 12-13-06, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
I had a free trial of the Total Access, and just canceled it last night. I still have a couple movies out, though, so my question is, can I still exchange them for an in-store rental even though my Total Access is canceled? Has anyone tried this yet?
Haven't tried it, but you should be able to because the store treats the mailer as a coupon to be used against your STORE account. The DVD's you check out from the store don't have anything to do with your online account (except to provide you with coupons that you can use in the store).
Old 12-13-06, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ds6161
Gasspasser..
the same happens to me but ONLY for movies that have not been reliesed yet
like scanner darkly & my girlfreind ... they alway drop to the bottom....
everything thats allready out stays put where ever I put it..

hope this helps you guys

Thanks, that makes sense now. Kind of sucks though. Hope they change it.
Old 12-14-06, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joltman

Yes.
Old 12-16-06, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by StealthStratos
Thanks. I'll try that next time. I exchanged e-mails with customer service about three times, and it was just a waste of time. Each time they would just copy and paste a different stock answer, instead of actually answering my question. On the plus side, I did get 1 free rental coupon out of it.
I hate the stock answer replies. I almost get a stiffy when I actually get a response to specifically what I asked.
Old 12-20-06, 01:29 PM

They just emailed me that my weekly coupon can now be used for games so that's cool.
Old 12-20-06, 04:40 PM

I wonder if Netflix will attempt some new promotion to offset BB Online? I see alot more people in my local BB with online returns so maybe their promotion is working. Then again some dumbas* attempted to return their Netflix movies to BB instead of bringing in their address stubs for the free rentals. I'm sure BB loves playing "post office" for people.
Old 12-22-06, 03:11 PM
X
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts
Strange, I got the "come back for two weeks free" email a while back and decided I'd try them again. I thought I'd probably cancel after the two weeks though since I don't have that much time for movies right now.

But the day after I needed to cancel I remembered and it was too late. I already had an email about my free rental coupon. So I figured I'd check what cost I got stuck with and it said I had 4 weeks free which expires a month later.

What's the deal with that?
Old 01-02-07, 03:30 PM

Just curious how everyone's expierence is with BBO. I read here:

http://www.dvdrr.com/reviews/Blockbuster-Online.html

and it makes me wonder. I see quite a few negative reviews. I was about to sign up but with all these issues it doesn't seem worth it when I can still hit the movie store on the way home.

The only plus side would be not having to take the movie back but I'm still leary. How has everyone's expierence been?
Old 01-02-07, 05:56 PM

My experience has been really positive. I get new movies on Tuesday or Wednesday if I turn them in to the store over the weekend. I seem to get the movies I want from the top of my list and haven't noticed long waits where I couldn't get a movie I wanted to watch.

I love the new Total Access program and it makes it feel like I'm getting a great deal. I watch 1-2 movies during the week, and then turn those in to watch 2 more over the weekend. Then I get 1-2 more on Tuesday and turn those in on Friday or Saturday to do it all over again.
Old 01-03-07, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Blockbuster still seems to be lacking in the BD/HD titles. I wanted to rent Invincible or The Covenant on Blu-Ray...but they don't even have them online yet. Rather weird.

Still a good service....I like swapping movies out in-store.
Old 01-03-07, 08:51 AM

So it seems to be pretty good. Probably only worth to 1-2 out at a time though right?

Especially having a newborn in the house...no late fees would be nice.

I would probably use the mail rather than in store a lot since there is no blockbuster in my town.

There is one fairly close to where I work though in case I needed to drop something off.

I went ahead and did the free month trial with a coupon code I found of the 3 out at one time. That's the price of one new dvd that I probably didn't need to buy and that way I can have more out at one time. We'll watch one every so often so that will allow me to use the mail system and always keep a movie to watch available to use in the rare chance we can while the baby is sleeping

Few questions for those that use it.

On the TV Series when is says Season 1 does that mean you can rent an entire season? I ask because my lovely Movie Gallery would make you rent each disc of each season separately.

Also I notice some say WS or Pan/Scan next to them...but then some don't. How can you be sure your getting WS because I would not want foolscreen!

Last edited by cisman; 01-03-07 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-03-07, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by cisman
Few questions for those that use it.

On the TV Series when is says Season 1 does that mean you can rent an entire season? I ask because my lovely Movie Gallery would make you rent each disc of each season separately.
Each disc of a season counts as one rental (this is the same on-line and in-store). But two-disc movies (for example, An Evening with Kevin Smith 2) counts as two rentals online but only as one rental in-store.

Originally Posted by cisman
Also I notice some say WS or Pan/Scan next to them...but then some don't. How can you be sure your getting WS because I would not want foolscreen!
In my experience, it only says WS or P/S when there are two separate releases for each. Otherwise both versions are included on the disc or it was only released as either WS or P/S.
Old 01-04-07, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I always seems to get WS with Blockbuster.com. It has been better, they are starting to update the next-gen formats...they just seem to get them a week or two later lately.

I like the fact you can get 2-disc sets in-store as one rental now...that's nice. Just rented Beer League last night with the free rental.
Old 01-04-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
I got a full screen copy of XXX a few weeks back. I just rented it to watch with the Mike Nelson Rifftrax, so I didn't really care.
Old 01-04-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by X
Strange, I got the "come back for two weeks free" email a while back and decided I'd try them again. I thought I'd probably cancel after the two weeks though since I don't have that much time for movies right now.

But the day after I needed to cancel I remembered and it was too late. I already had an email about my free rental coupon. So I figured I'd check what cost I got stuck with and it said I had 4 weeks free which expires a month later.

What's the deal with that?
You are clearly exploiting a glitch in their system and, as such, are liable for retroactive credit card charges and aggressive emails accusing you of manipulating your account. And once that happens, be prepared for a bunch of people in here to tell you that you got what you deserved.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.