Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD Pricematch w/ another Online Store (Pre-order items)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD Pricematch w/ another Online Store (Pre-order items)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! DeepDiscountDVD Pricematch w/ another Online Store (Pre-order items)

Hi^

I order few Pre-order items from DeepDiscountDvd.com but i find another online store selling the same DVD's for $3.00-$6.00 cheaper (Pre-order items).... Will DDD accept the Pricematch ??

Any experience !!!

Thanks u all for ur input

Last edited by Jtnguyen12; 04-27-03 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-27-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They should. Send them an e-mail. If they don't, they're suckekekeke.
Old 04-27-03, 01:51 PM

Actually it depends on 2 very important things. DDD guarantees lowest TOTAL price. So that means that if the OTHER e-tailer charges shipping then you have to include that in the price comparison.

ALSO they don't guarantee price matches against other currancies. And from what you're saying the only way DDD could be beaten by that much of a difference is if you're talking about a canadian e-tailer.

If not, and the place IS American, AND DDD is beaten AFTER shipping... then they will most likely price match for you.

Hmm... and now that I think about it I think there is something in their price-match policy about only IN-STOCK items... which would NOT include pre-orders. I would check out their policy on their website. It should have everything there that you need.

EDIT: This is DDD's Price Match info page Go there. It verifies everything Ive typed here.

Last edited by exparr0t; 04-27-03 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-27-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My order from DDD over $85............and FYE offer Free shipping & Handing when order $49.00 & Up
Old 04-27-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
My order from DDD over $85............and FYE offer Free shipping & Handing when order $49.00 & Up
I don't think they'll pricematch a whole order--they pricematch individual titles within an order. If any one of those titles qualifies for free shipping by itself, then by all means contest it. But otherwise, I don't think it'll do any good.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to try--the WORST they can say is no, and since it's a preorder, you can just cancel and order from the other place.
Old 04-27-03, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My recommendation though, if you are going to try, is call them and get a CSR on the phone. Seems they exercise a lot more leeway this way and you get quicker response. I got BTTF from them this way about $5 less, PM with PlayCentric.com. I told him, I can get this from them for this price, special deal with free shipping, but I'd rather get it from you. They went ahead and did it.
Old 04-27-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks you all......... i am going try it tomorrow

what's DDD customer service # ??

Old 04-27-03, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
Thanks you all......... i am going try it tomorrow

what's DDD customer service # ??

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=108012

* DeepDiscountDVD
1-800-264-5076
[email protected]
Old 04-27-03, 10:42 PM

Originally posted by Qui-Gon John
My recommendation though, if you are going to try, is call them and get a CSR on the phone. Seems they exercise a lot more leeway this way and you get quicker response. I got BTTF from them this way about $5 less, PM with PlayCentric.com. I told him, I can get this from them for this price, special deal with free shipping, but I'd rather get it from you. They went ahead and did it.
I think they were extremely generous to allow you to PM playcentric, because their PM policy states that they don't PM Canadian e-tailers. You lucked out, becuase you got a US BTTF set for the price of a Canadian set (which is identical except for the crappy bilingual packaging).

BTW, their PM policy can be found by clicking here or by clicking at the top of the DDD homepage, where it says "Guaranteed Lowest Total Price". Also, this thread probaby belongs in the Store Forum, where this kind of stuff is most often discussed.
Old 04-28-03, 01:50 PM

Two weeks ago I tried pricematching Best Buy's 6.66 deal for Silverado and Rudy at DDD since I liked DDD and wanted to give them the business rather than BB. I emailed them on a Monday, and called them Thursday and Friday when I hadn't received a response. Saturday I ordered from BB and I still have not received a response other than the automated one saying that they received my request.
Old 05-03-03, 08:12 PM

Two weeks ago I tried pricematching Best Buy's 6.66 deal for Silverado and Rudy at DDD since I liked DDD and wanted to give them the business rather than BB. I emailed them on a Monday, and called them Thursday and Friday when I hadn't received a response. Saturday I ordered from BB and I still have not received a response other than the automated one saying that they received my request

Same thing happened to me this week with Boondock Saints and Full Monty...I figure they would lose money on it and just dont want to honor there committment at being lowest online
Old 05-04-03, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDD has been terrible for the last few weeks responding to price matches. I do it every week, mostly matching BB or Circuit City. Last couple of weeks I've had to go around and pick up the cheapest deals due to them not responding at all.
Old 05-06-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by laserdogg
DDD has been terrible for the last few weeks responding to price matches. I do it every week, mostly matching BB or Circuit City. Last couple of weeks I've had to go around and pick up the cheapest deals due to them not responding at all.
Same there here. I tried PMin' both of Best Buy's recent 3 for $20 deals and didn't get a response on any of them. I called DDD.com and they told me that they've had huge e-mail problems cuz they installed a new system. Still they were supposed to get back to me and they never did since it's been 3 weeks since I sent my e-mails
Old 05-09-03, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
The price on the Jack Ryan box set dropped $3.40 a day after I ordered. I emailed them, got no response in 2 1/2 days, so I called. Got a friendly gal who gladly refunded the difference. Not a different store's price, but helpful anyway.
Old 05-09-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
The only time I tried to price match something with them it took so long for them to get back to me, that the sale was over by then (and therefore they denied it.) I've never ordered from them, mostly because I thought they had a phony pricematch policy and it ticked me off.

tasha