Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break -- Season 5 coming to FOX in 2017

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-15, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: FOX revives Prison Break for event series with Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purce

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I will watch!

I will admit I like this new trend of shows coming back (24, Fuller House, Prison Break)

Except Heroes. I still hate Heroes.
....everyone still hates Heroes.
Old 08-07-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: FOX revives Prison Break for event series with Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purce

Bringing back Gretchen would be very welcome as well. Her scenes were some of the best reasons to watch those last couple seasons.

Old 01-10-16, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

http://tvline.com/2016/01/10/prison-...-fox-season-5/

According to this article, Prison Break's "5th season" is still happening.

Issue is scheduling Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell since they are regulars on DC's Legends of Tomorrow. WB and FOX are working out the nuts and bolts.

“There are a lot of moving parts to that conversation,” Miller concurred, “but we are hopeful that we’ll be able to shoot something this spring. Prison Break is taking its cue from Legends, which is the priority. So we’re aiming for spring.”
Old 01-10-16, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I always thought that after season 2 the Government was going to hire Michael to break out of multiple prisons each one harder and more complex to escape. They would essentially build the unbreakable prison.
Old 01-11-16, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
I always thought that after season 2 the Government was going to hire Michael to break out of multiple prisons each one harder and more complex to escape. They would essentially build the unbreakable prison.
Stallone already did it
Old 01-11-16, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is such a bad idea. Despite the obvious continuity issues, one of the biggest reasons is I can't imagine there are enough people out there that care enough to make it all worth the effort. It's not like it went out on top like it would have had it went off the air after Season 1.
Old 01-11-16, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know, I'm rewatching the show on Netflix with two people who have never seen it, and it actually holds up pretty well. I'm a bit surprised by that as I figured it it'd be like 24 and be painful get through it again.
Old 01-15-16, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvline.com/2016/01/15/prison-...ln-sara-t-bag/

FOX officially green lights Prison Break.

Miller, Purcell and original creator Paul Scheuring returning.

They are in talks to bring back Robert Knepper (T-Bag) and Sarah Wayne Callies (Sara Tancredi)

Episode count is now TBD.
Old 01-15-16, 12:43 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

As previously reported, Fox’s Prison Break continuation likely will take place during a period of time preceding the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue, The Final Break, in which a major character met his demise.
Old 01-15-16, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Can. Not. Wait.
Old 01-15-16, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Ya know, I'm rewatching the show on Netflix with two people who have never seen it, and it actually holds up pretty well. I'm a bit surprised by that as I figured it it'd be like 24 and be painful get through it again.
Even season 3?
Old 01-15-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Can they wipe out the movie? I've heard bad things about it.
Old 01-15-16, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Official Press Release

"PRISON BREAK" TO RETURN TO FOX AS ULTIMATE ESCAPIST EVENT SERIES

Series Stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell to Reprise Roles as Brothers "Michael Scofield" and "Lincoln Burrows"

Original Producing Team of Paul T. Scheuring, Neal Moritz, Marty Adelstein and Dawn Olmstead Return for Newest Chapter in Award-Winning Series

FOX has ordered a thrilling new event series based on its hit series, PRISON BREAK, it was announced today by Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group.

An immediate critical and ratings hit when the original series premiered in the fall of 2005, the new event series will hit the ground running, reuniting series stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell as brothers MICHAEL SCOFIELD and LINCOLN BURROWS.

The original producing team, including series creator Paul T. Scheuring ("Zero Hour"), Neal Moritz ("The Fast and the Furious" franchise), Marty Adelstein ("Aquarius," "Last Man Standing") and Dawn Olmstead ("The Whispers," "Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce") will return to executive-produce the new series, with Scheuring serving as showrunner/writer.

The original action drama PRISON BREAK centered on a young man (Miller) determined to prove his convicted brother's (Purcell) innocence and save him from death row by hatching an elaborate plan to escape from prison. A breakout success in its premiere season, garnering Golden Globe Award nominations for Best Television Series - Drama and Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama (Miller), as well as winning the People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama, PRISON BREAK thrilled audiences for four heart-pounding seasons, ending its run in May 2009.

Additional details on the new event series will be announced at a later date.

The series will be produced 20th Century Fox Television. Paul T. Scheuring, Neal Moritz, Marty Adelstein and Dawn Olmstead will serve as executive producers. "Like" PRISON BREAK on Facebook at facebook.com/prisonbreak. Follow the series on Twitter @PrisonBreak and join the discussion using #PrisonBreak. See photos and videos on Instagram by following @PrisonBreak.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...CBVAws8BUrB.99
Old 01-15-16, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2016/01/prison-b...ox-1201683578/

The length of the event series has not been determined, I hear it is expected to be in the 8-10 episode range.
Old 01-21-16, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Eh, 8-10 episodes couldn't hurt. This show was always about the characters anyway, so it'll be good to see them again.
Old 01-21-16, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Even season 3?
Yeah. It plays much better as a binge-watch Netflix show with a lot of call-backs and tiny clues I missed the first time I saw it. Just finished the finale special (I had not seen it before) and the the T-Bag episode of Breakout Kings.

I really hope they don't use that clumsy final special as official continuity. The only bit I really liked was spotting all the reused sets & props and pretending that it was also an unofficial prequel to Glee & Orange is the New Black.

Breakout Kings had tons of great Bagwell moments and was a much better lasting image of Prison Break.
Old 01-26-16, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk God

http://season-zero.com/exclusive-her...-prison-break/

“PRISON BREAK” EXCLUSIVE: Here’s the list of who will be back in the sequel!

Based on the first episode only, written by original creator Paul T. Scheuring, here’s an exclusive list of the characters who are coming back, even though at this point only Wentworth Miller & Lincoln Burrows as brothers Michael Scofield & Lincoln Burrows have signed on for the sequel. Both will be series regular, of course. But don’t expect too much screentime for Miller initially. Michael is virtually nowhere to be found until the very last minutes. Don’t forget he’s supposed to be dead. Like really dead. But in Prison Break, no one’s ever really dead.

Sara Tancredi, played by Sarah Wayne Callies, will be returning -with her head still on her shoulders!- alongside Mike, her 7 year-old son. The one she had with Michael before he “died”. She now lives in New York and has another man in her life for quite some time named Scott.

Our dear Theodore ‘T-Bag’ Bagwell (Robert Knepper) will also return, with his sadistic smile, his very own sense of humor and his prosthetic hand. The show starts the day of his release from Fox River and he’s in very good shape…

Benjamin Miles ‘C-Note’ Franklin (Rockmond Dunbar) is expected to help Lincoln in his new quest. He now lives in New York too, and he is the respected leader of an islamic center next to a Mosque. He serves God and fights against radicalization.

Finally, Fernando Sucre (Amaury Nolasco) aka Michael’s dumb bestfriend also joins the team. He’s now working on a freelance cargo ship that travels the world (and transports illegal things, obviously).

New characters include Cate, a woman in her 30s who may be Lincoln’s girlfriend, they work together at a dive shop in Florida; and Sheba, a beautiful 20 year-old Middle Eastern smuggler.

One last info -at least for now- most of the action of the first episode happens in the United States -the shooting will take place in Atlanta- but we’re in Yemen towards the end, during civil war.
Old 01-26-16, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They really blew it not bringing back Jodi Lyn O'Keefe as Gretchen.
Old 01-26-16, 09:47 PM

Really looking forward to this. That list of returning characters looks promising.
Old 01-26-16, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Ahh, this is going to be so ridiculous and over the top...but I'm going to love every minute of it.
Old 01-27-16, 12:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Ahh, this is going to be so ridiculous and over the top...but I'm going to love every minute of it.
Yup.

Still convinced that the first part of Season 4 was originally conceived as Part of Season 3 (the strike-shortened season cut in half), and that a lot of "The Final Break" scenes were part of the plot for Season 4. It just seemed that too many characters were established without a purpose, and the whole thing had the feel of cutting room floor scenes or set-up episodes that were hastily edited into a clumsy "event."

I don't see how they can ever top the brilliant Season One with its multiple cliffhangers and the over-the-top "tattoo" motif/conceit. Trying to figure out how each section of the Michael's tats figured into the overall scheme kept us guessing until the end of each episode...usually with a big surprise.

Brilliant.

While we're waiting for more Prison Break, let me highly recommend the Brian Cox 2008 film "The Escapist" (NOT the Jonny Lee Miller film by the same name). The Cox film has a similar intriguing plot (which I'm not about to give away) and a brilliant cast including Joseph Fiennes, Liam Cunningham, Seu Jorge, Dominic Cooper, Steven Mackintosh, Stephen Farrelly and Damian Lewis. Fiennes, Cooper, & Lewis are all pretty well-known; Cunningham may be most recognized for his current Game of Thrones role as the Onion Knight.

Really, really top-notch prison escape film.
Old 01-27-16, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

So are they wiping out the movie, The Final Break? Or does this take place after it, or in favor of it?
Old 01-27-16, 06:53 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Original it was thought to take place in between Season 4 and The Final Break. But if you read the article above, it says it is taking place after The Final Break.
Old 01-27-16, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally I enjoyed S2 almost as much as S1 because Mahone was such a great character in that season. When they made him stupid in S3 I basically most interest and watched the rest only for closure. Having seen their idea of closure, I choose to pretend the series ended at the end of S2 and make up my own story on how they got away. After getting locked up in Sona the whole series just became one big repeat.
Old 01-27-16, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I guess I am looking forward to this. I watched every episode as it aired, well a couple of days after. The first season was absolutely great. The rest, not so much. Even while watching the later seasons, I remmeber thinking that the show would have been a perfect show to just do one season. End the show when they break out of prison. Done. End of story. If you have to do a second season, show them on the run with a definite ending, and end the show there. Of course, they did all that, minus the endings, then went off the rails. Glad they are bringing back so many of the non Michael and Lincoln characters. I would hope we would see a couple more of my favorites. Bellick in the first season was a great character. I also really liked Haywire and Westmoreland.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.