Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The change must have occurred sometime in April then. My April 7 order calculated the old way, with the members discount and coupon combined and taken off at the same time. I didn't place another order until July 15.
I don't know the exact date it was changed but I did place several orders throughout the month of April. I did have one calculated the old way on April 18, but another on April 23 was calculated the new way. Looks like the change took place between those dates.
Old 08-08-08, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I updated the Visa link tonight and noticed they are currently running a 10% off promotion through their link. The offer runs through August 28.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/discoun...&printable=yes

Start the new school year off right and double your discount! Save 10% off the online price of your purchase at Barnes&Noble.com when you pay with your Visa® card.

Save on the Web’s largest in-stock inventory of new textbooks, as well as college guides, dictionaries, test prep, foreign language resources, and more. And when busy students need to unwind, our unmatched selection of DVDs and music CDs can help them do just that.

To redeem this offer, click the link below and your discount will automatically be applied at checkout. Offer redemption is solely the responsibility of Barnes&Noble.com.

Valid 08/07/2008 to 08/28/2008
Old 08-09-08, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Lasermovies (Thanks again for all the post and coupons)

I think most people already know but live.com cashback is giving over 12% at BN for a limited time! You can also use coupons and member discount.
Old 08-09-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lakeland951
Hey Lasermovies (Thanks again for all the post and coupons)

I think most people already know but live.com cashback is giving over 12% at BN for a limited time! You can also use coupons and member discount.
Thanks, Lakeland. I didn't know that. Never used live.com before. I wonder how long the 12% lasts...
Old 08-09-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Thanks, Lakeland. I didn't know that. Never used live.com before. I wonder how long the 12% lasts...
From what I read it says it can end at anytime. I've used Live.com a few times and they quickly issue credits for purchases. However I haven't purchased enough to qualify for a payment yet. I think you need have a minimum of $5 in credit before they will pay you.

http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

Back To School Deal Days!
Get extra cashback savings from Microsoft Live Search cashback for a limited time during Back To School Deal Days. The cashback savings that you see at our cashback site or at participating online stores during Back To School Deal Days have already been increased. Savings will vary and Back To School Deal Days can end anytime, so take advantage of the extra savings now.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-09-08 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-09-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Live is typically 6%. the 12.01% is advertised as a Back to school sale.
Old 08-15-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Bump. This thread was getting too hard to find .
Old 08-17-08, 03:25 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts
i don't understand why i still cannot get C7J8D4W to work. this is so frustrating!
Old 08-17-08, 04:36 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't been able to get 20% coupons to work for several months now - it keeps telling me that the coupons are not eligible. I don't why; the 15% and other coupons work fine. It's almost like they've restricted my account from using the 20% ones.
Old 08-17-08, 04:46 PM

I used C7J8D4W on a preorder yesterday and N7P8K9P a week or two ago. But a week before that the later didn't work for me.
Old 08-17-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C7J8D4W only works with a b&n membership, if you don't have one that would be the problem
Old 08-17-08, 09:25 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts
Originally Posted by dino88
C7J8D4W only works with a b&n membership, if you don't have one that would be the problem
i do have it.
Old 08-22-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like B&N is offering a new service to let you reserve certain items online and pick up in store if it is available at the store. I would be interested in this if you could get online pricing. So far it appears if it is only being offered in a few store locations according to the advertisement I ran across. I would imagine more stores will offer in store pick up in the future.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=24194

Reserve Online, and Pick up in a Store Near You

There's a convenient new way to shop at Barnes & Noble! Now you can reserve books, DVDs, music, and more online — then pick them up at one of the store locations listed below. Here's how:

Step 1: Locate the product you want on bn.com, then, from the product page, enter your ZIP code in the FIND IT IN OUR STORES box.

Step 2: If your selection is available, click RESERVE NOW and fill out the Reservation Request.

Step 3: Wait for our email confirming that your item is waiting for you — usually within the hour!

Step 4: Pick up and pay for your item at the store you selected.

It's that simple. For your added convenience, we'll hold your reserved item(s) for up to 3 days. Take advantage of this great new service today!

This new service is available at these store locations:

· Augusta, ME - 9 Market Place Drive
· Manchester, NH - 1741 South Willow Street
· Newington, NH - The Crossings at Fox Run
· Salem, NH - 125 South Broadway Route 28
· South Burlington, VT - 102 Dorset Street
Old 08-22-08, 03:13 PM

Can't get a coupon code to stack with the VISA or military free shipping link. Worked in the past, guess B&N is tightening their belt?
Old 08-22-08, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Watson2
Can't get a coupon code to stack with the VISA or military free shipping link. Worked in the past, guess B&N is tightening their belt?
I was starting to wonder if it was a problem with my account, or a web site glitch. I was having the same problem trying to place an order through the links you mentioned with my members account. Several weeks ago coupons were working fine when I ordered some CDs through the links to get free shipping stacked with a members discount and coupons.

However about a week ago I tried to order the Three Stooges Collection Volume 3 while it was at 30% off, but it wouldn't accept the coupon. The only way I could get a coupon to work was with another account I had that didn't have a B&N membership associated with it. I was able to use one of the 15% non member coupons through the Visa link with no problem. Got free shipping, 10% Visa discount, and the 15% coupon to stack just fine.

I don't know what was going on with the links, but with the members account it looked like the 10% membership discount was stacking with the 10% Visa discount before I tried adding the coupon. Then when I attempted to apply the coupon it wouldn't accept it. Previously you could only get one of the discounts through the links before adding a coupon. Not sure if it is an attempt by B&N to thwart coupon usage by members, or if it is a glitch.

My suggestion to get around the coupon rejection is create a new account without a B&N membership. A non member coupon should work with any of the links. But the Visa link is the best choice since they are currently running a 10% promotion. If you have a B&N Mastercard use the 20% code since it doesn't require a membership. I've already used the 20% code on 3 different accounts, and only one has a membership. However, I'm not sure if it will work with any credit card other then the B&N card.
Old 08-22-08, 10:20 PM

Stupid question:

What's the best way to set up a second account using my B&N Mastercard? Different email address keeping everything else the same?
Old 08-22-08, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Watson2
Stupid question:

What's the best way to set up a second account using my B&N Mastercard? Different email address keeping everything else the same?
If you're trying to use a B&N membership on two separate accounts, I don't think that's possible. It's set up where a membership number can only be linked to a single account.
Old 08-22-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, all you need is a different email address to set up a new account. I use the same credit card and address information on all of mine. You'll still earn the 5% rebate with the B&N card on all accounts.

souvenir is correct you can't use a B&N membership on more than one account unless you purchase another one with a different number. But a membership would defeat the purpose of creating a new account to get around using coupons through the Visa or Military.com links. The way it's working at the moment with the links you actually save more money without having a B&N membership.
Old 08-23-08, 11:05 AM

Yah, I wanted to do what Laser described. I guess it was my impatience but I didn't wait for a reply and it worked nicely. Using my new non member account I got the VISA discount and a 15% coupon plus I'll be getting 5% back from my B&N CC. Great stuff.
Old 08-23-08, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
about a week ago I tried to order the Three Stooges Collection Volume 3 while it was at 30% off
Crap, I missed that. I also missed South Park Season 11 when it was 30% off. Both are 20% off now, which is still decent, but 30% is obviously better. Darn it!
Old 08-23-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was sort of surprised the new Three Stooges set didn't stay too long on the top 100 bestsellers list before dropping off and increasing in price. I was glad I got my order in before it happened. I have a feeling it will return to the top sellers list in the next few days, and the price will drop to 30% off again if you wait it out.
Old 08-23-08, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's up to 177 right now (It was in the mid-300s a day or so ago.)

Of course, for those who didn't buy the first two editions, they are currently on sale for 40% off (before coupons/membership discounts.)
Old 08-25-08, 01:39 AM

Is anybody else having problems with the coupons at the front page? Because last night I went through EVERYONE and it kept telling me that the coupon is not valid with this purchase and all I ever buy from them is dvd's.
Old 08-25-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davron
Is anybody else having problems with the coupons at the front page? Because last night I went through EVERYONE and it kept telling me that the coupon is not valid with this purchase and all I ever buy from them is dvd's.
I removed some coupons today that had just expired but the other ones on the active list were working when I tested them a short time ago. You might want to disclose a little more information on what happened. Do you have a B&N membership and tried using the coupons through one of the links posted on the front page? There does seem to be a problem with coupons working with memberships through the links. However there were also a few reported problems using one of the 20% off codes, but otherwise most of the coupons were working through the normal B&N website.
Old 08-25-08, 02:38 PM

1 Yes I'm a member and 2) I then click on the Visa link for the 10% and from there I go and put my item I'm wanting in my basket and checkout and 3) I then copy and paste the coupon code in the box. I went through every valid code up to and NOT past today's date in the box and everyone said the same thing "this coupon is not valid with this purchase" or something to that effect.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.