Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept


Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now


















Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 05-03-10, 08:15 AM
  #1326  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I have not had much time to play with any of these links but I did just get a coupon to work with the NASA link.
Strange. Last night it was positively giving me an 11% coupon. It started with an "A" and it was exactly 11%. I removed the coupon, and the discount was gone. I added it back, and the 11% returned. I added a 10% coupon, and the 11% went away... I believe the code was "A3H7U3D", which is now showing as expired, so that's even more bizarre.
But right now, I agree, the 11% is working, and I am able to use a 10% coupon with it. Maybe the NASA link didn't fully load for me yesterday... Or it could be all the cocaine I've been snorting...
Old 05-03-10, 10:04 AM
  #1327  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,191
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I for one am happy with the changes. CD prices are way down.
Old 05-03-10, 02:16 PM
  #1328  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Made a lot of new updates this morning. Added some new future coupons to the list. A new $5/$5/$5 coupon is now active for members, and should be around for the July Criterion sale. Found a new exclusive AAA 15% coupon that should stack with the 10% discount offered on that web site. Also found another 11% and free shipping bookstore I added to the new bookstore list. The new 11% bookstore is also offering a 20% off coupon that starts around May 7 and runs through June.
Old 05-03-10, 03:27 PM
  #1329  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
The new 11% bookstore is also offering a 20% off coupon that starts around May 7 and runs through June.

I'm gonna use that coupon SOOOOO many times (on multiple accounts, of course, since I doubt you can use it more than once on an individual account)
Old 05-03-10, 04:04 PM
  #1330  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

^
I have a few extra accounts to spare for the coupon. I'm wondering if the new Doctor Zhivago blu-ray release will still be at $20 when the coupon is activated. Very tempted to get it with the extra discounts if the price holds until then.

Just got done testing the new 20% code and it is already active. Moved the coupon to the active list. Even though it said you cannot combine it with a B&N membership it worked fine with my member account. They probably meant it could not stack with the former member discount, which is not a problem since the web site is giving you 11% off anyway. Didn't work with a pre-order when tested.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-03-10 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-03-10, 11:49 PM
  #1331  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
^
I have a few extra accounts to spare for the coupon. I'm wondering if the new Doctor Zhivago blu-ray release will still be at $20 when the coupon is activated. Very tempted to get it with the extra discounts if the price holds until then.

Just got done testing the new 20% code and it is already active. Moved the coupon to the active list. Even though it said you cannot combine it with a B&N membership it worked fine with my member account. They probably meant it could not stack with the former member discount, which is not a problem since the web site is giving you 11% off anyway. Didn't work with a pre-order when tested.
Strange. It didn't work for me the first two times I tried to use it. Then I switched to a regular B&N link, which still didn't work. But when I switched back to the GSA link, it suddenly worked. So you may need to go back and forth to get it to work...
Old 05-03-10, 11:59 PM
  #1332  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Strange. It didn't work for me the first two times I tried to use it. Then I switched to a regular B&N link, which still didn't work. But when I switched back to the GSA link, it suddenly worked. So you may need to go back and forth to get it to work...
It's working for me. I'm tempted to nab Sherlock Holmes Blu-ray for $15.48 (after B&N Mastercard cashback), but I'm concerned that they've already gone through their first-run inventory with slipcover, DVD, and digital copy.
Old 05-04-10, 12:04 AM
  #1333  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Used it twice so far... My oh my, so many things on my wish list just waiting to be bought!
Old 05-04-10, 12:06 AM
  #1334  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Used it twice so far... My oh my, so many things on my wish list just waiting to be bought!
Do you have any experience ordering WB combo pack titles from B&N?
Old 05-04-10, 12:21 AM
  #1335  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I'm still trying to find something to buy with the 20% coupon. I ended up getting Doctor Zhivago on blu but decided to use the first stackable $5 coupon instead on an order since it gave me a better price. Figure I better use it before it expires later in the month. B&N didn't waste anytime raising the price after 9 PM and it cost me an extra dollar. Still got it for about $14 and some change.
Old 05-04-10, 07:40 AM
  #1336  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I'm still trying to find something to buy with the 20% coupon. I ended up getting Doctor Zhivago on blu but decided to use the first stackable $5 coupon instead on an order since it gave me a better price. Figure I better use it before it expires later in the month. B&N didn't waste anytime raising the price after 9 PM and it cost me an extra dollar. Still got it for about $14 and some change.
I can't f'ing believe it! I was going to order Weeds S3 and S4 on BD last night. They were on sale for 40% off, and would have been $17.08 each with the coupons. But I was tired, and figured I'd get them in the morning. NOPE! Sale ended. No more 40% off... AARRGGHH!!!!!
Old 05-04-10, 08:06 AM
  #1337  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,145
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

For kicks, I ran Saving Private Ryan Blu-ray through the GSA link with 20% off coupon...it's still cheaper at Best Buy.
Old 05-04-10, 08:12 AM
  #1338  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Paul_SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hiking the Sisyphian trail
Posts: 8,694
Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I'm still trying to find something to buy with the 20% coupon. I ended up getting Doctor Zhivago on blu but decided to use the first stackable $5 coupon instead on an order since it gave me a better price. Figure I better use it before it expires later in the month. B&N didn't waste anytime raising the price after 9 PM and it cost me an extra dollar. Still got it for about $14 and some change.
Guess it's a moot point now that I already used the $5 off, but which other coupon did you stack with it?
Dr. Z ended up costing me $18 after tax. Not as great a deal as $14, but I'm OK with a net cost of 50% off msrp, as well as it coming to under $20.
Old 05-04-10, 09:07 AM
  #1339  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,191
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Some really great prices with the 20% coupon. Thanks!
Old 05-04-10, 10:09 AM
  #1340  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 4,531
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Thanks for your efforts Laser... $16.44 including tax for the Zhivago BD through GSA with the 20% off coupon, works for me.
Old 05-04-10, 10:54 AM
  #1341  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
cgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,092
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

$15.81 including tax using the same method. Didn't plan on picking it up so soon, but what would a great price be? $12? Worth it to me to get it now.
Old 05-04-10, 11:02 AM
  #1342  
DVD Talk Legend
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,834
Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I thought they reduced their prices? The Office S5 on Blu-ray is now $62. Almost $20 more than amazon. On top of that, they send me an e-mail about the great new express shipping option, and... it doesn't apply for Canada. Not so much as a discount, despite paying the same membership fees.

This may work out for you folks state-side, but come September, they can shove this membership up their ass.

FWIW, I still appreciate LASERMOVIES effort in keeping this thread going.
Old 05-04-10, 11:07 AM
  #1343  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Guess it's a moot point now that I already used the $5 off, but which other coupon did you stack with it?
Dr. Z ended up costing me $18 after tax. Not as great a deal as $14, but I'm OK with a net cost of 50% off msrp, as well as it coming to under $20.
Did you use the newest one? I just added a new second $5 coupon to the list yesterday, so there are now two of them. It was just activated.

I didn't stack multiple coupons. The different offers listed with the coupon stack. If you take advantage of the three main offers listed it will deduct $15 off your order. If you only purchased a DVD like Dr. Zhivago it will only deduct $5. However I always try to put together an order that will net the $15 off.
Old 05-04-10, 11:21 AM
  #1344  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,145
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Am I understanding correctly that people are able to stack the 20% off coupon with the $5 coupon(s) online?

The $5/$5/$5 coupons don't seem to work online for me.
Old 05-04-10, 11:36 AM
  #1345  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Am I understanding correctly that people are able to stack the 20% off coupon with the $5 coupon(s) online?

The $5/$5/$5 coupons don't seem to work online for me.
I don't think anyone is stacking multiple coupons. I used one $5/$5/$5 on an order with one of the new 11% off links.

The new 20% coupon will only work with the specific link listed. If you try using it anywhere else it will not work.
Old 05-04-10, 11:43 AM
  #1346  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by cgray
$15.81 including tax using the same method. Didn't plan on picking it up so soon, but what would a great price be? $12? Worth it to me to get it now.
That's how I felt. Didn't want to wait for a potential better deal later on. Thought this was a great price for a new release, and I'm anxious to see it on blu. I sold my regular DVD a few years ago hoping for the eventual high def release. Now if Lawrence of Arabia and Bridge on the River Kwai make it to blu-ray I will be ecstatic.
Old 05-04-10, 11:44 AM
  #1347  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Paul_SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hiking the Sisyphian trail
Posts: 8,694
Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Did you use the newest one? I just added a new second $5 coupon to the list yesterday, so there are now two of them. It was just activated.

I didn't stack multiple coupons. The different offers listed with the coupon stack. If you take advantage of the three main offers listed it will deduct $15 off your order. If you only purchased a DVD like Dr. Zhivago it will only deduct $5. However I always try to put together an order that will net the $15 off.
I used the $5 off one DVD, but I went through the regular site, not the GSA link which I wasn't aware of until now. That would have brought it down to $16 or so.
It would be nice to whittle away a few more titles off the want list before the B2G1 and 50% off sales, but I'm not seeing any really good deals beyond the Dr Z Bd.

and add my thanks and appreciation as well for all the work you put into this LASERMOVIES!
Old 05-04-10, 11:47 AM
  #1348  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
BuckNaked2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 6,145
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I don't think anyone is stacking multiple coupons. I used one $5/$5/$5 on an order with one of the new 11% off links.

The new 20% coupon will only work with the specific link listed. If you try using it anywhere else it will not work.
OK, as a test, I ran the Zhivago Blu through the GSA link (-11%), and used the 20% off coupon. It came to $15.36 before taxes.

With respect to the $5 coupons, are these usable online without the purchase of a new membership? I know you can use 'em all day in store, but I've never had success using them online.
Old 05-04-10, 12:02 PM
  #1349  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
OK, as a test, I ran the Zhivago Blu through the GSA link (-11%), and used the 20% off coupon. It came to $15.36 before taxes.

With respect to the $5 coupons, are these usable online without the purchase of a new membership? I know you can use 'em all day in store, but I've never had success using them online.
I've always been able to use them online with my membership. If the items in my cart meet at least the minimum requirements it takes off $5 for each. Dr. Zhivago should work with the coupon and GSA link. As long as a DVD is at least $20 before any other discount it will deduct $5 from the total.
Old 05-04-10, 12:06 PM
  #1350  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as (ahem) "LASERMOVIES"/California
Posts: 9,464
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
I used the $5 off one DVD, but I went through the regular site, not the GSA link which I wasn't aware of until now. That would have brought it down to $16 or so.
It would be nice to whittle away a few more titles off the want list before the B2G1 and 50% off sales, but I'm not seeing any really good deals beyond the Dr Z Bd.

and add my thanks and appreciation as well for all the work you put into this LASERMOVIES!
You may want to look at this new section I put on the first page. Third post down. I mentioned it the other day but I guess it's worth repeating. I did make mention of it on the coupon list but maybe I should try to highlight it to make it more noticeable.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/8745343-post3.html

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.