Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ONLY Halo 3 thread - part deux.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Is it possible to mute players in-game (during the game)? What about booting a player? I know how to mute players in the lobby, and you are given the option to boot a player for team killing, but what about booting someone for other reasons?

There was some clown on my team who would just not shut up. He was insulting everyone and just being an idiot in general. The entire team was annoyed with him. He was talking trash to everyone the entire game. I had to unplug my headset it was so annoying. Plus, it prevented us from coordinating team attacks since no one else could get in a word.
Old 10-24-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can definitely mute players in game. I do it quite frequently unfortunately. Why do people have to be such assholes just because a mic is in front of them?
Old 10-24-07, 08:12 AM

How do you do it?
Old 10-24-07, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
Is it possible to mute players in-game (during the game)? What about booting a player? I know how to mute players in the lobby, and you are given the option to boot a player for team killing, but what about booting someone for other reasons?

There was some clown on my team who would just not shut up. He was insulting everyone and just being an idiot in general. The entire team was annoyed with him. He was talking trash to everyone the entire game. I had to unplug my headset it was so annoying. Plus, it prevented us from coordinating team attacks since no one else could get in a word.
Yes, if I'm not mistaken you hold the "back" button to pull up the player names and stats. While holding that you should be able to scroll down to the persons name and get the option to mute them. As far as booting, I don't think you can do that from within the game unless he's team killing. Hope that helps.
Old 10-24-07, 08:25 AM

That's how I thought you did it, but I was trying that last night and I couldn't scroll through the names. Perhaps it can be disabled by the host???
Old 10-24-07, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
That's how I thought you did it, but I was trying that last night and I couldn't scroll through the names. Perhaps it can be disabled by the host???
Don't thinks so. I could be missing something. I know I've done it, but maybe I'm forgetting a button press or something.
Old 10-24-07, 09:22 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Yeah, I've tried to mute people in game and haven't had any luck. Sometimes you come across some asshat whose microphone is broken or something and it constantly makes a loud noise. I just turned down the volume of my mic all together so I couldn't hear anything.
Old 10-24-07, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
Yeah, I've tried to mute people in game and haven't had any luck. Sometimes you come across some asshat whose microphone is broken or something and it constantly makes a loud noise. I just turned down the volume of my mic all together so I couldn't hear anything.
Had a guy with a wonky mic last night too, but he was nice enough to disconnect it when we asked him. I wonder in-game booting and muting could be patched in?? Sure would be nice.
Old 10-24-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
You're supposed to be able to press Back to bring up the player list, then use the right stick to scroll down the list, and I think the X button to mute someone.
Old 10-24-07, 02:34 PM
Cool New Member

My wife bought me this game for my b-day on Sunday. I finally had a chance to play it yesterday. So far I don't have any complaints but I also only played it until the end of the first level. I do have one question. When you pick up the skulls by press both LB and RB at the same time, do I have to do anything else with it or can I drop it and finish playing the level?

Thanks
Old 10-24-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by 03euroSVT
My wife bought me this game for my b-day on Sunday. I finally had a chance to play it yesterday. So far I don't have any complaints but I also only played it until the end of the first level. I do have one question. When you pick up the skulls by press both LB and RB at the same time, do I have to do anything else with it or can I drop it and finish playing the level?

Thanks
You pick up the skull by right shoulder button (like picking up any weapon). You can drop it as soon as you get it.
Old 10-24-07, 04:11 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks blade
Old 10-25-07, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Owned by a Traffic Cone:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ym0BtwmCvoc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ym0BtwmCvoc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 10-25-07, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
How did that happen?
Old 10-25-07, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
awesome.

Here's another good one: "Barrel that Changed the World"
Old 10-25-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
How did that happen?
His sniper shot hit an exploding barrel that then blew the cone right back into his head.
Old 10-25-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
SPOILER BELOW, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME:

Question about the game below (edited). Why is the 'spoiler' thing not working for me??

[spoiler ] I just completed the stage where the Arbiter kills the Prophet of Truth and the Flood helps you take down the Covenant. Then, the Flood turns on you and you need to escape the spire. So I see the cutscene of the blast wall rising up -- assuming the Master Chief is going to commit suicide to take down the flood --- and the next thing you know, he's riding on a ghost down to the King Flood's butthole to get Cortana. How in the heck do you get from a suicide mission to flying on the ghost?? And what was the point of the blast door that was rising from the ground?

Also - that last flood level is damn near impossible for me. There are so many baddies that I get crushed almost immediately. Any advice? [/spoiler]

Last edited by Rob V; 10-25-07 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-25-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
SPOILERS BELOW

(as ridiculous as this sounds, I don't know how to use the 'spoiler' tag)...

Spoiler:
I just completed the stage where the Arbiter kills the Prophet of Truth and the Flood helps you take down the Covenant. Then, the Flood turns on you and you need to escape the spire. So I see the cutscene of the blast wall rising up -- assuming the Master Chief is going to commit suicide to take down the flood --- and the next thing you know, he's riding on a ghost down to the King Flood's butthole to get Cortana. How in the heck do you get from a suicide mission to flying on the ghost?? And what was the point of the blast door that was rising from the ground?

Also - that last flood level is damn near impossible for me. There are so many baddies that I get crushed almost immediately. Any advice?
Did it for you.....edit yours now

Just use [spoiler ] [/spoiler ] without the last space.
Old 10-25-07, 10:16 AM

Also - that last flood level is damn near impossible for me. There are so many baddies that I get crushed almost immediately. Any advice?
Spoiler:
Just take it slow, but keep moving forward. The flood respawns if you just sit around or go back to a previous location. Also, sometimes the Arbiter will go ahead and take some enemies down for you so can always wait for him/act as support/reload or regenerate. Try to find the flamethrower, when you use it use controlled bursts, a trigger pull is all you need per enemy which can probably last you till you meet up with Sgt. Johnson.

Worst comes to worst, go at it in co-op via local or Live.
Old 10-25-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That's what that douche gets for shooting the cores for no reason. I can't stand that shit.
Old 10-25-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by amped
Spoiler:
The flood respawns if you just sit around or go back to a previous location.
That isn't true, even on Legendary. I played through on Legendary, and they most certainly will stop coming, even if you go back.

My recommendation is to bash a lot of the flood. That advice pretty much holds true for almost all of the flood parts. Hide behind something, wait till they come around the corner, then bash. I killed a ton of things by bashing in this game. Brutes and flood alike felt the butt of my gun cave their head in.
Old 10-25-07, 10:51 AM

I'll keep that in mind, I'm going through the campaign again on legendary now. I just remember the flood kept dropping from the sky when I went back to retrieve another rocket launcher.
Old 10-25-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I also did a lot of bashing on that level. Butt of the Brute Shot to be exact.

Originally Posted by amped
Spoiler:
Just take it slow, but keep moving forward. The flood respawns if you just sit around or go back to a previous location. Also, sometimes the Arbiter will go ahead and take some enemies down for you so can always wait for him/act as support/reload or regenerate. Try to find the flamethrower, when you use it use controlled bursts, a trigger pull is all you need per enemy which can probably last you till you meet up with Sgt. Johnson.

Spoiler:
the arbitor wasn't with me on that level.
Old 10-25-07, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I also did a lot of bashing on that level. Butt of the Brute Shot to be exact.

Spoiler:
the arbitor wasn't with me on that level.
Spoiler:
The beginning of the last level, Halo, when you're working your way up, no?
Old 10-25-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
Keep moving, and have a sword with you. Clear the rooms that you can, but most of the time just run to the next room. They won't follow you. If you come across a cloaking device, use it, it will help out. If your shields go down, run back to safety and wait.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.