Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Any news on Six Feet Under S5?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-05, 08:02 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Any news on Six Feet Under S5?

I just got done watching season 4 and I can't wait to watch season five. Any news on when it should come out?
Old 12-12-05, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd sure like to know too! That show is so amazing its sad it had to end.
Old 12-12-05, 08:37 PM

I've heard March 2006.

Can't wait.
Old 12-12-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, this is sitting in our queue waiting to be released. I'm ready to get the show over with to see how much more F'ed up the fisher family can be!
Old 12-13-05, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My cable company slipped up one week and we had not only video on demand that we don't normally have, but we also had HBO on demand as well. We watched all of S5 over three day to take advantage since we had planned on waiting and getting the DVD. I can tell anyone that hasn't seen S5 that it is extremely good, heart wrenching and the series has a spectacular finale. Avoid the spoilers and see it unadulterated you'll be happy.

Now here's my question: We have S1 but I am no officially holding off on seasons 2-5 in case they decide to pork us again with a box set of all seasons with added exclusive content ALA Sex and the City. Any rumors about a full series set?
Old 12-13-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
Now here's my question: We have S1 but I am no officially holding off on seasons 2-5 in case they decide to pork us again with a box set of all seasons with added exclusive content ALA Sex and the City. Any rumors about a full series set?
Exactly. I sold my season 1 set and am waiting for the entire series to be released. I saw the Sex and the City box and it looks pretty nice.

I pretty much have decided to wait until complete series boxsets come out before I buy any TV series (with exception to South Park). Buffy is another good example. It came out with a nice set at an even better price (though I am not holding my breath on a good price when dealing with HBO).

On an unrelated note...I keep hearing the finale song by Sia on the XM channel Hear Music and it just make me sad and miss the show even more.
Old 12-13-05, 05:11 PM

I can't wait to see the special features for the last episode... it was so wonderfully done and beautifully shot!
Old 12-13-05, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd
I can't wait to see the special features for the last episode... it was so wonderfully done and beautifully shot!
This is HBO...don't hold your breath.
Old 12-13-05, 09:22 PM

This is HBO...don't hold your breath.
Unfortunately you've got a point... But HBO does like there commentaries, so Im pretty sure we'll atleast get that for the series finale.
Old 12-14-05, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love this show and cannot wait to see season five.

Possible Spoiler!

Spoiler:
Although I know the big spoiler because of stupid E-Entertainment News.
Old 12-14-05, 10:11 AM

if they release a series set they should put it all in a minature coffin box or maybe a headstone box that reads Six Feet Under: 2001-2005
Old 12-14-05, 11:33 AM

Breathe Me by Sia is an amazing song. I highly recommend the second soundtrack released for the series and I can't wait for S5 (hoping for a complete series).

+Danny
Old 12-14-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Stupid EW (the politically themed issue from two weeks ago) pissed me off revealing a huge spoiler concerning Freddy Rodriguez's character. I haven't seen S5 yet and waiting for the DVD set too, but now I'm kinda bummed....grrrrrr !!
Old 12-14-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
Stupid EW (the politically themed issue from two weeks ago) pissed me off revealing a huge spoiler concerning Freddy Rodriguez's character. I haven't seen S5 yet and waiting for the DVD set too, but now I'm kinda bummed....grrrrrr !!
I saw that "spoiler," and it's actually not a big deal...sort of. In any event, it doesn't affect the season in any way, and if you know nothing else about Season Five, then there's still a lot to see.
Old 12-14-05, 06:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan1boy
You are lucky that you didn't read another spoiler for another SFU character published in EW a few months ago. Unfortunately, I read both...
But I am still eagerly waiting for the last season on DVD.
Old 12-14-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mongoco
if they release a series set they should put it all in a minature coffin box or maybe a headstone box that reads Six Feet Under: 2001-2005
I like that idea
Old 12-15-05, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aficionado lists the region 1 SFU for release on March 28, yet they aren't really 100% reliable, I believe. Amazon UK has the 6th of March as their release date for region 2 (doesn't the US usually get releases around the same time - at least for releases of an American movie/show?)

I can't wait even though I have watched the season numerous times over. I hope the cover is the same as the season 5 poster. Very interested in hearing commentary (if he does one) from Alan Ball on the finale episode? Will he cry like I do everytime I watch it? Hmm...

Last edited by conscience; 12-15-05 at 03:52 AM.
Old 12-15-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd buy a boxset of all the seasons just so I don't have to look at Season 1 towering over the rest of the seasons on my shelf.
Old 12-15-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ftsoh
You are lucky that you didn't read another spoiler for another SFU character published in EW a few months ago. Unfortunately, I read both...
But I am still eagerly waiting for the last season on DVD.
I know the first you're talking about, and it really ticked me off they put such a huge spoiler in the freaking title of an article! We've only just started on season two..
Old 12-18-05, 10:18 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
March 28th according to tvshowsondvd (it's just a rumor though):

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4725
Old 12-18-05, 10:29 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Even though I've read a couple of spoilers regarding occurrences Season 5, I'm still really interested in watching it. After all, it is my favourite show. Hopefully that date is correct.
Old 12-18-05, 10:29 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Even though I've read a couple of spoilers regarding occurrences Season 5, I'm still really interested in watching it. After all, it is my favourite show. Hopefully that date is correct.
Old 12-18-05, 10:47 PM

I want Season 5 to be the same size as Season 1. Then it'll at least look like towering bookends.