Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-01-08, 09:49 PM   #1
JohnSlider
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

April Fools Day is Great!

April Fools.

I mean seriously, can people cut this shit out already? I've seen like four threads on this forum alone and it's not even funny, just pissing me off.
Old 04-01-08, 09:52 PM   #2
mhg83
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

nothing wrong with a little fun
Old 04-01-08, 09:56 PM   #3
Brent L
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing wrong with a little fun at all. The problem is that too many people try to have way too much fun with it.
Old 04-01-08, 09:57 PM   #4
Jackskeleton
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg83
nothing wrong with a little fun

there's fun and then there's being a douche. Many people don't know how to make GOOD April fools jokes and just squeeze them out like farts. You know what happens to farts? they smell terrible and no one likes them.

Well, 12 year olds. That's the same demographic that still love April fool's in such quick gotcha style.

On the other hand, thinkgeek and other websites like the zelda trailer.. that's quality work there.
Old 04-01-08, 10:00 PM   #5
Mopower
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Slider
April Fools.

I mean seriously, can people cut this shit out already? I've seen like four threads on this forum alone and it's not even funny, just pissing me off.
So you create another one?
Old 04-01-08, 10:01 PM   #6
das Monkey
DVD Talk Hero

There have been a lot of good harmless April Fools jokes on television and radio and web sites today. There have also been a lot of unfunny assholes and douchebags making fools of themselves. This day is not some excuse to clutter the forum with idiotic lies.

A good April Fools joke takes some planning and effort and doesn't hurt anyone. Some people seem to think it's running up to a stranger and punching him in the face while screaming "April Fools!!!"

April Fools offers the opportunity for some really fun gags, but like many things, it's often ruined by classless losers with no sense of humor.

das

You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion. -- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert
Old 04-01-08, 10:07 PM   #7
spainlinx0
DVD Talk Legend

I love DVDTalk, but I debated even coming on here today since I knew it would be littered with "gotcha" threads from people who think it is hilarious.
Old 04-01-08, 10:30 PM   #8
strife
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I love DVDTalk, but I debated even coming on here today since I knew it would be littered with "gotcha" threads from people who think it is hilarious.
every other day it's called kaze 0

Strifeman says: sorry skeet I prefer whogirl & kitty in my dreams
mosquitobite says: me too
Old 04-02-08, 01:06 AM   #9
slop101
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Some people seem to think it's running up to a stranger and punching him in the face while screaming "April Fools!!!"
It's not?

And I've been doing that all day...
Old 04-02-08, 05:45 AM   #10
Nick Danger
DVD Talk Legend

I liked this one:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....5&page=1&pp=25
Old 04-02-08, 06:43 AM   #11
Tracer Bullet
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by das Monkey

A good April Fools joke takes some planning and effort and doesn't hurt anyone. Some people seem to think it's running up to a stranger and punching him in the face while screaming "April Fools!!!"
And here I was banking on the fact that April Fool's Day would be the one day of the year I didn't get punched in the face.
Old 04-02-08, 09:35 AM   #12
story
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yesterday I kicked off my college comp class by telling my students we were going to run today's writing workshop like the one we did last week but that we'd add in a new change after an hour, so please upload your initial essay draft to the dropbox and partner up for peer review.

The collective look of shock and despair on their freshmen faces was beautiful.

I only let them sweat it for five or so seconds. They actually laughed and it set a fun atmosphere for discussing the novel we finished for class that day.

Last edited by story; 04-02-08 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-02-08, 02:13 PM   #13
terrycloth
DVD Talk Special Edition

yesterday was just horrible for me and not one joke was played on me.

I woke up sick and stayed home from work...got a phone call from my job asking me why the cops were at my job last night and it wasnt reported..jokingly called back thinking it was a stupid joke led me into dragging my ass to my job and clearing nothing happened.

got home got back in bed my friend called me saying he needs a ride he just wrecked his 350z...nope not a joke again had to give him a ride and piece together his car enough to go on the trailer.

so after standing out in the rain in the freezing cold helping him i made it home took a hot shower to lay down and watch my yankees i get another call from my job that they need me there bc there was an abuse charge against a co worker they needed a statement.

however on the plus side i woke up today feeling worse and went to the bathroom and apparently my brother in law got drunk last night and dropped tumbtacks in front of my door as a HILAROUS joke for april fools day.

this has been a great two days off.
Old 04-02-08, 03:59 PM   #14
mhg83
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrycloth
yesterday was just horrible for me and not one joke was played on me.

I woke up sick and stayed home from work...got a phone call from my job asking me why the cops were at my job last night and it wasnt reported..jokingly called back thinking it was a stupid joke led me into dragging my ass to my job and clearing nothing happened.

got home got back in bed my friend called me saying he needs a ride he just wrecked his 350z...nope not a joke again had to give him a ride and piece together his car enough to go on the trailer.

so after standing out in the rain in the freezing cold helping him i made it home took a hot shower to lay down and watch my yankees i get another call from my job that they need me there bc there was an abuse charge against a co worker they needed a statement.

however on the plus side i woke up today feeling worse and went to the bathroom and apparently my brother in law got drunk last night and dropped tumbtacks in front of my door as a HILAROUS joke for april fools day.

this has been a great two days off.
man that really sucks. Sorry you had such a bad day
Old 04-02-08, 05:05 PM   #15
Tarantino
DVD Talk Legend

Thumbtacks?

= J

XBox Live - Kleeberg
Old 04-02-08, 05:25 PM   #16
mndtrp
DVD Talk Legend

April Fool's day was basically no different than any other day for me. I'm glad I avoided most of the internet, tv, and newspapers, though.
Old 04-05-08, 10:47 AM   #17
GeoffK
Registered

Just wanted to say how much I hated April 1st. It was always the day I despised when I ran DVD Talk and I still think it sucks.

Having said that I got totally 'Fooled' by The Luke is Back post "Adam & Eve Buys Digital Playground"
Old 04-05-08, 02:57 PM   #18
AGuyNamedMike
DVD Talk Legend

I like April 1st quite a bit. It's our wedding anniversary. We celebrated 5 years by visiting Savannah.

Dr Mabuse - You mock, but Sutherland got some fine young stuff off that kind of thing so don't sell it short.
Old 04-05-08, 06:18 PM   #19
islandclaws
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
You know what happens to farts? they smell terrible and no one likes them.
Whoa, let's not drag a love of farting into this. You know, some people aren't that bothered by their own brand, while others, like myself, like to see just how repulsive something that comes from their body can be.

I played a harmless prank on my co-worker this year. When he went to the bathroom I went over to his desk, paused his music player, cued it up to a loud part on a song and then turned up his speakers all the way. When he got back the oentire office got a good loud ear shot, then we all laughed at him. Good stuff.

Horror Movie Challenge: